Sir E Fullner

Life in an Army Company

Hello, all. I've been really busy with school recently, but I have a little treat for all of you good Eurobrickers, and I hope you will enjoy it!

I may not have a large army like many of you out there, but I am still proud of my little company. And the pride behind the company is the red-coated soldiers.

01.jpg

Captain Miles Gloriosus trains his boys vigorously. They really do have fun, and whenever Gloriosus is gone, Sergeant Maximilian is in charge of the boys.

03.jpg

The other two who help Captain Gloriosus are Lance Corporal Harriman (who instructs the boys on target shooting), and the partially deaf Corporal Montrose (who instructs the boys on explosives, though often disasterously).

04.jpg

Harriman hates the sound of cannon fire, much to the disbelief of Montrose, ironically.

02.jpg

Some days, Max instructs bayonet practice. It's a bit like seeing politics, in that very little ground is made.

06.jpg

On Wednesdays, Harriman is in charge of target practice. The only holes in the target however, are the ones made by Harriman.

07.jpg

At noon, the boys have a lovely lunch of bread, cheese, and either lamb or beef. However, they must say grace first.

08.jpg

Usually, playing the bugle as loud as possible doesn't wake up the boys, so the Sergeant kicks them awake...

09.jpg

...or Montrose burns their back ends...

10.jpg

...or the smell of beef and cheese wakes them up.

13.jpg

Sure, the boys aren't the best group of soldiers, but Captain Gloriosus cares about them deeply, and treats them as family. The boys, in turn, look up to Captain Gloriosus as a father figure, and to Montrose, Harriman, and Max as brothers. Captain Gloriosus never knew a better family.

Please comment and question!

Always entertaining, always inspiring, always:

I like the cannon design :cannon:

Thanks. I remember seeing it on a pirates box, and copied the design.

horses... horses... "...my kingdom for a horse" :pir-grin:

This little MOC its nice, but needs some horses, and of course, a banner chould be nice too

Wow... you obviously did some research about british troops before making it. Very nice :thumbup:

Recruits are in camp uniforms ( caps! ), artillery's Montrose is in blue and rifle's Harriman is in proper green... and he even got a different rifle than the line troops! ... guess Richard Sharpe was very helpful :wink:

Thumbs up! :sweet: