Eric J. Olson

ME Models R56

As promised, your update. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...

The new R56 next to the original, standard LEGO R40.

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

DSCF0169.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

Edited by TheBrickster
Thanks for resizing your images.

Thanks for sharing Eric but please be aware that our image posting guidelines call for images <= 800x600. I've removed your images leaving one link. Please feel free to edit/re-post your images within EB's site guidelines.

Thanks for sharing Eric but please be aware that our image posting guidelines call for images <= 800x600. I've removed your images leaving one link. Please feel free to edit/re-post your images within EB's site guidelines.

My apologies...fixing...

Nice. Are you still planning on even larger radii?

--Tony

Yes, expect them to follow right after the release of the R56.

Also, for those of you curious, the continuity issues have been resolved and these will not require the use of any tape, wire, or other jumper mechanism.

Edited by Eric J. Olson

Any update on being able to mate with TLG Flex-Track?

FWIW, I support the previously mentioned request for dk gray plastic rails.

Edited by kyphur

Any update on being able to mate with TLG Flex-Track?

We will be seeking a solution for this.

FWIW, I support the previously mentioned request for dk gray plastic rails.

Noted.

Are you thinking about other discontinued tracks such as the switch and the crossing?

nice Work, I also like the straight rails, had them at LEGOWorld Zwolle NL 2012 and a lot of people were interested!

As promised, your update. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...

The new R56 next to the original, standard LEGO R40.

I definitely want some of those.

The ME straight track, can I place this directly on a baseplate without using any sleepers?

(I want to use them for a 9V-tram, but my 9V track is not convenient for that because

a tram-track should not have sleepers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:4trams_vienna.jpg

and hiding the 9V track sleepers requires way too many lego pieces).

The ME straight track, can I place this directly on a baseplate without using any sleepers?

Yes you can.

Are you thinking about other discontinued tracks such as the switch and the crossing?

As we have said all along, our goal is a complete rail system. So, with that said, they are in the plans, but I can not even provide a rough time frame for those products.

As stated, yes, this can be done with straight, but the curves, no.

Nice - congratulations. I'm definitely looking forward to getting more ME track; I didn't buy curves last time because I'm overloaded with 9V curves, but I got a few double length straights and when those worked out well, wanted more - but you were already out of most of the track. I like being able to use brown plates, too. Looking forward to the availability of these.

Looks great, Eric! I have a couple of questions:

1. How many sections required to make a 90* curve? (4 like Lego?)

2. Any idea when the quad straight rails will be available?

Thanks!

Looks great, Eric! I have a couple of questions:

1. How many sections required to make a 90* curve? (4 like Lego?)

2. Any idea when the quad straight rails will be available?

Thanks!

1. Yes, for the R56, it will be 4 like LEGO. The wider radii may require more depending upon the manufacturing process and ease of handling.

2. I do not have a timeframe on this due to an alternate process required to manufacture. I can tell you that half, straight, and double products will be available first and without delay.

Hello, This is great news and I haven't actually bought any of your products YET! I do plan to soon especially when these come out. I have 2 questions

1. Do you have a release date/re-stocking time for any of your rails to be in-stock?

2. What are you future plans other than rails, are you hoping to release stations, carriages, trains, motors etc...?

Can 1x8 sleepers be used on the R56, and be evenly spaced?

Unfortunately, no. The way the holes are drilled doesn't allow for it. We wanted to implement a channel design, but felt it would weaken the structure too much.

1. Do you have a release date/re-stocking time for any of your rails to be in-stock?

I don't even dare speculate. I have a feeling we will have straight product on the market again very soon with the curves to follow immediately thereafter. It all depends upon line time with the manufacturing companies.

2. What are you future plans other than rails, are you hoping to release stations, carriages, trains, motors etc...?

We can look at sets and probably will with respect to engines and rail cars. Anyone who has seen us at any of the AFOL shows of the past couple of years knows what we have in store in the engine department. Motors, switches, etc will all follow in due time. As we have said from the onset, this will be a COMPLETE system. :)

Rail Test:

Edited by Eric J. Olson