Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Eurobricks moved to a new server

Yes, we have moved the site to a brand new server.

This new (dedicated) server is a powerful machine with AMD 8-Cores CPU, 32GB RAM, 4x 1T HD in raid 10, running Ubuntu.

Most important, nothing on this server is shared with anyone else, it's all for us!

Welcome in our new home!

It's only taken the two clicks necessary to navigate to this topic to see the difference. :laugh: It's a lot faster, definitely. :thumbup:

Great! I can see its a tiny bit faster, other than that ( and hopefully no more breakdowns) are their any changes?

good job and thank you for making it easier to connect with the online LEGO community!

I can see its a tiny bit faster, other than that ( and hopefully no more breakdowns) are their any changes?

Well, we have now also moved to a regime of daily server backups.

But nothing changed that would be noticed on the board, except for our board running fast and smooth all time (let's hope these words prove to be correct).

Hi

congratulations. For now, it is really fast - even on my Ipad.

May i ask a question?

There is a spam protection delay between two seached. On slower and shared servermachines that is a truely useful step. Butihafe often correct my spellings or typos or Ipad typos (thick fingers) and i had to wait too. Sometimes i had to correct myself 3 times, that is anoying. Can you now pease setup a shorter delay time?

Dino

There is a spam protection delay between two seached. On slower and shared servermachines that is a truely useful step. Butihafe often correct my spellings or typos or Ipad typos (thick fingers) and i had to wait too. Sometimes i had to correct myself 3 times, that is anoying. Can you now pease setup a shorter delay time?

What's the link between the 'wait time' between 2 searches and editing your own posts to correct errors? You should be able to edit your own posts anytime without having to wait...

Hi

i had to edit my search, not a post. And then i had to wait.

Dino

I'll look into this, but during the first week(s) on this new server I want to keep things as they are (for comparison purposes with the previous server).

I'll look into this, but during the first week(s) on this new server I want to keep things as they are (for comparison purposes with the previous server).

No problem. I know i takes so time to figure out how the CPU usage over time is if you had it (the CPU) for the first time just for the forum. I also do not know how many bots are trying to attack the page by generating nonsense searches.

When the forum where i am an adminstrator moved to a dedicated server we changed from 20% CPU usage on a shared server (1% has been allowed) to a 100% root server ;) I feel now that could be similar here, everything feels fast ;)

Dino

I may be saying the complete opposite to the posts above but sometimes when I finish editing a post and I have clicked on post modafide post it freezes and I I have to refresh my page via my browser .

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I may be saying the complete opposite to the posts above but sometimes when I finish editing a post and I have clicked on post modafide post it freezes and I I have to refresh my page via my browser .

You should buy a new computer, that always works for me :laugh:

And if that still doesn't work, you should replace that thing between the keyboard and the computer, I forgot the name now ... :tongue:

But seriously now: try another browser (anything other than Internet Explorer should do).

How fast EB is now after moving to the new server:

[/url]

Thanks for all the hardwork of the EB Admin & Staff for continuously improving our beloved forum. :thumbup:

You should buy a new computer, that always works for me :laugh:

It's a gaming computer so its not that.

And if that still doesn't work, you should replace that thing between the keyboard and the computer, I forgot the name now ... :tongue:

The lead?

But seriously now: try another browser (anything other than Internet Explorer should do).

I use firefox.

I have that as well sometimes when I use Firefox. But never with Chrome!

I'm a long term Firefox user which switched lately to Chrome (and I didn't regret that move!).

I hope your using lego bricks to store all those hard drives as did google when they started out., :D

I hope your using lego bricks to store all those hard drives as did google when they started out., :D

If he does I hope he has a good fan as those lego bricks might get a bit toasty... :laugh:

I have that as well sometimes when I use Firefox. But never with Chrome!

I'm a long term Firefox user which switched lately to Chrome (and I didn't regret that move!).

I might try chrome and see how it goes. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

ERRRM..., am I already on the new server or do I have to go some where else??

You are on the new server :laugh:

Hey! We made it without dying this time! :laugh: Definitely appreciating the extra speed. :thumbup:

I've also been experiencing the problem with post editing that Alasdair Ryan has, but it clears itself up once someone else posts in the topic. Thus the solution isn't that we should switch internet browsers, it's that all of us need to post more. :laugh:

Thank you a lot for the enormeous work you made :thumbup: :thumbup:

THX, Bonaparte, wasn't sure if I had to go on a different site.... And do you know when Hinckley will post the results of the "EB is down" contest ? And if he has where ?

There's a definate increase in speed while browsing the forums, so nice improvement! Smooth transition by the way, my compliments to the staff! :sweet: