eiker86

Why LEGO is the best company in the world

I came over this from my new friend from Portuguese, can't seem to find it any place else on here and thought that everyone here needed to see it..

Really good of LEGO. Thats why we love them right?

Thanks, very heartwarming. I've sent this video to a Bricklink seller who has 22 of these to sell, MISB. Let's see his reaction. :wink:

Edited by SheepEater

That is awesome, but I already knew what kind of company LEGO was as soon as I saw this:

110517-Interceptor.jpg

...I mean, how many global corporations do you know who would include an official memorial/tribute to one of their fallen fans?

Wow. :cry_happy:

Sometimes my wife reminds me there are other toys out there besides Lego for our kids....but I tend to insist on the Lego version (of Duplo Thomas or Lego Cars or whatever it happens to be).

This just makes me want to insist more.

WTG TLG

LLL

That is awesome, but I already knew what kind of company LEGO was as soon as I saw this:

*image snipped*

...I mean, how many global corporations do you know who would include an official memorial/tribute to one of their fallen fans?

I saw something about this in the Easter Egg thread, but don't know the whole story, though from what little I understand it is indeed a touching move. Could anyone enlighten me as to who Nnenn was?

This is just great.

Blondie-Wan, nnenn is an incredibly talented builder and artist who tragically died 2 1/2 years ago in a car accident. It is worth reading the Tributes on The Brothers Brick, and I strongly recommend you to go through his flickr stream. He is an inspiration. May he rest in peace.

:sad:

I saw something about this in the Easter Egg thread, but don't know the whole story, though from what little I understand it is indeed a touching move. Could anyone enlighten me as to who Nnenn was?

A very gifted builder, famous for his space fighters. Check out this thread including the link to the Brothers Brick article and nnenn's photostream.

That was a genuinely touching vid! Probably more so now that I'm a parent, and it means so much to make your kids happy, especially the way they can get fixated on things.

My daughter has been obsessed with the movie Cars for almost a year now, and I've gotten her four or five sets. But she really wanted Luigi and Guidi. For weeks, she was showing me pics of them and telling me who they were, so I cracked, and picked up the set with them. And the smile on her face, the excitement as we put them together just killed me. So, seeing that kind of vid tugs at this old bear's heart strings.

Anyway, in the sake of equality, I think it should be pointed out that LEGO is not the only company that does this sort of thing:

:head_back:

Thats really nice

sadly I have not recieved the same kind of service from them.

I asked Lego what to do because it would not work when I used my manual pump(old style) to pressurise a mini pneumatic ram. I told them that the pipe just blew off when I pressurised it, which it does. Anyway, today I recieved an e-mail containing links for LEGO MINDSTORMS HELP. It seems that you must send a formal letter to not get a reply from lego's remote messaging service.

Why do they not treat everyone the same?

Thats really nice

sadly I have not recieved the same kind of service from them.

I asked Lego what to do because it would not work when I used my manual pump(old style) to pressurise a mini pneumatic ram. I told them that the pipe just blew off when I pressurised it, which it does. Anyway, today I recieved an e-mail containing links for LEGO MINDSTORMS HELP. It seems that you must send a formal letter to not get a reply from lego's remote messaging service.

Why do they not treat everyone the same?

To be fair, this kid actually did send a formal letter (or as formal a letter as can be expected of a kid that age). Still, they ought to genuinely read through your email. My recommendation to you now is to try contacting customer service by phone; that's what my dad's always done and he generally gets results (in addition to building up a rapport with the customer service representatives).

This video made my day.

Wow. I had no idea about nnenn until today. I heard about Novvember several times, but did not know that it has something to do with him. And with his name on an official set of a Vic Viper? That is really great!

I couldn't find this anywhere, but I think it's worth posting.

Don't tell anyone, but it wasn't actually the vindaloo I was eating that bought tears to my eyes.

I couldn't find this anywhere, but I think it's worth posting.

I could. :wink:

Merged.

I am truly touched by this story. :classic: But, I believe this has already been posted.

Edited by Commander Law