• Elf Butler
    • CMF Elf
    • Elrond
    • Haldir
    • Elf Guard
    • Legolas (Lord of the Rings)
    • Legolas (The Hobbit)
    • Tauriel

This is what I was thinking. And then, the CMF Elf can be, wait for it D&D players... a half-elf!

Not originally a D&D thing: Elrond and some others in Middle Earth already are half-elves.

Nice idea but I still can't stomach the idea of fleshies for any demi-human or human-like race (wizard, elf, dwarf or hobbit). After all, in the films (if not the books), all had the same skintones. So if LEGO humans are yellow, the other Tolkienesque races should too.

Consider them Drow, then... only instead of dark skin like in Forgotten Realms, they have pale fleshy skin like you might expect from beings living in fancy caves all their lives! :D And...they dye their white hair to achieve browns & yellows. Yeah, that'll do it!

Not originally a D&D thing: Elrond and some others in Middle Earth already are half-elves...

I still can't stomach the idea of fleshies for any demi-human or human-like race (wizard, elf, dwarf or hobbit). After all, in the films (if not the books), all had the same skintones. So if LEGO humans are yellow, the other Tolkienesque races should too.

I didn't mean that it was an original D&D concept. There's very little fantasy lore that was actually invented for D&D. Just about everything in the original rules and campaign setttings was adapted from well-known tropes in fantasy literature. However, Elves and Dwarves are hardly Tolkien's invention (although the idiosyncratic spelling might be), so I see no need to play by Tolkien's rules unless I'm actually building Middle-Earth scenes. I honestly think the Holy Flesh vs. Yellow War is pretty overblown, but of course I don't have a tenth the number of yellow minifigs some veteran fans have.

Edited by Gryphon Ink

Tauriel is my favourite I think. Both Elves in "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" are very cool, there's something about them, their colours are very rich, appropriate for Mirkwood I think. Tauriel's hair, face, prints and even the re-used PoP daggers make her look really good, even if we know little about her character.

The "Elf butler" was always a guy I liked it because he loves the wine too much and he got the blame for the escaping of the dwarves. He was the woodelf who you could most identify with, because he was quite human, instead of the quite cold woodelfking. (Elrond was desribed in the hobbit as a human who looked a bit elvish and his elves were a totally other people.)

But actually I find all elves very nice. (a pity there wasn't a battlepack with CMF elves)

My favourite is still the CMF elf. He has yellow ears :grin: The only right LEGO colour :thumbup:

No... :snicker: I'm actually not a flesh-hater, but I really like the printing on the CMF, also because it has a lot potential, means you can use him to create a lot of other figures, which don't have do be elves :wink:

The only point, which speaks against it is the hair. The longer one from Lotr is so much cooler!

I agree, the long LOTR hair is much cooler, but the short has one key advantage: the quiver! For elven archers, it's really nice to have room for a quiver. That said, (and I may be repeating myself), I hope we get another CMF Elf with a yellow-ear LOTR hairpiece sometime. I don't care if it's a maiden, mage, warrior, sorceress, or butler... more yellow-ear hairpieces (long AND short) in various hair colors! I wouldn't even mind the Moria/Mordor Orc hairpieces with yellow ears. It could just be an elf with wonkier ears than normal (but could be pretty cool on an Elven Rogue/Thief maybe)

This question is tougher than I thought it would be.

I lusted after the CMF elf for quite a long time and finally got one. I may not be objective on that one, but one aspect I really like about it is how it just fits with kingdoms era minifigs. I don't care much for the yellow/fleshie debate. They're both cool for their own reasons.

I like LotR Legolas a lot (especially compared to the too-long tunic Hobbit version), and the other green generic Hobbit elf. They really work for that prototypical wood elf style.

I'm not too thrilled with the elves so far. They jut seem a bit too intricate, or gaudy, or "overdone". So I'm going with the CM elf, he's yellow, comes with a shield and a still pretty rare longbow. And, as Venkefedo above points out, he can fit a quiver. Otherwise I say "meh" on the elves.

CMF Elf

Im not really a huge fan of the LOTR/Hobbit elf minifigures, they have nice details in the printing but its the hair/ear piece that really bothers me. I think its the widows peak they've all got going on, it gives all the elves ti

ny foreheads

CMF Elf.

This isn't even close.

Has cape

Has cool shield

Has long bow

Has awesome torso print and sand green arms perfect for Avalonia

Has short hair

IS YELLOW

debate over. Lock the poll, CMF wins by a land slide.

Elrond. He has got awesome sword, printing is extremly detailed and even short cape doesn't bother me at all.

Two pages but only four people have actually voted. Kind of odd. I went with Legolas - I've wanted a Legolas figure since I was a kid and then again after seeing LOTR.

CMF Elf.

This isn't even close.

I will say, the CMF Elf probably has the coolest looking outfit and weapons. I think Thandruil could give him a run for his money though base on the pictures of him from the movie. I also think Elrond is kind of spiffy.

Two pages but only four people have actually voted. Kind of odd.

The poll was just added since the OP didn't have enough posts to make one himself.

The poll was just added since the OP didn't have enough posts to make one himself.

Indeed. I skim every topic for regulatory things, but sometimes I miss stuff. No one asked me to make one, but I spotted it today.

Indeed. I skim every topic for regulatory things, but sometimes I miss stuff. No one asked me to make one, but I spotted it today.

Oh thanks i asked everyone on my first post but i guess you didn't see it then.

I voted for Haldir. He is the perfect minifigure, except the flesh tone of course, but I guess two ears can easily be painted yellow.

I guess avaibility is an important psychological factor for my choice. I have not acquired a Haldir yet, so he still has the aura of the wish. Also he is expensive to get, which makes him look more desirable. If I didn't own 70 CMF elves, I would perhaps have voted for this fig.

Elrond is also one of my favourites, but he has this strange silver crotch.

Interesting, it looks like CMF is winning. I do love the CMF elf and I didn't get into CMFs until after he came out so it was tough backtracking a bit. He does have awesome printing, shield and long bow. I do love the hair/ear piece combo. However, it doesn't mesh well with the other Elves due to silver instead of gold.

I voted for Haldir. The dark red/pearl gold combo is beautiful :wub: . I have him waiting in my closet for Christmas. I can't wait for that. I do like Elrond, but the more I look at him, the more I am turned off for some reason. I like the color scheme, but I don't love the dark blue on torso and dark green on pants. I think if they kept it more fluid, I may have liked him more. But I love the hairpiece coloring and the new mold.

I think TLG got the elves down right though. The Mirkwood elves look perfect. Nice greens/browns to give that woodland feel.

I sincerely like everyone who's got elvish hair :), especially long ones. Don't worry CMF Elf! You still look awesome to me even without long elvish hair :D:

It's a tough choice between Elrond and Haldir. Elrond has the cooler weapon, but they both have great prints/colors. It's too close to call.