• Elf Butler
    • CMF Elf
    • Elrond
    • Haldir
    • Elf Guard
    • Legolas (Lord of the Rings)
    • Legolas (The Hobbit)
    • Tauriel

So i made this topic to ask what is your Favorite Elf? Here is all the Options...

Elf Butler

CMF Elf

Elrond

Haldir

Elf Guard

Legolas (Lord of The Rings)

Legolas (The Hobbit)

Tauriel

Also i am new to making topics so can someone please show me how to make this a poll?

Edited by ZCerberus
My bad- I totally should have added the poll.

The elf butler is my favorite because he doesn't have a name. He could be any person you want him to be.

That's a really awesome idea i didn't think of it that way!

I would also go with the butler, but I also like the other Barrel Escape elf as well. They are both generic enough that they could be treated as elf villagers. But, design wise I'd go with Elrond. His printing is just superb!

The elf butler is my favorite too :tongue: , he has a nice face print and I love the torso/leg print :wub:

Second in place is Legolas (Lotr)

I thought the elf in the red clothing was the elf butler in the Barrel Escape set, but in the HD pic you can see he has something hanging from his belt that kind of looks like keys so now I am unsure. I am still inclined to believe he is the butler since he looks like a slightly older elf but who knows.

As per your question, for me it's between Hobbit Legolas, Tauriel, and the elf guard. I want to say the elf guard because I think he makes an excellent generic elf soldier, even though it's going to be hard to get many of him when he is in a $40 set..

Has to be the CMF elf because:

- of the great face and body print

- he was first and for some time the only elf

- his head/ears/hands are the right colour for a LEGO minifig

Yes, I'm unashamedly anti-fleshie.

Edited by AmperZand

My favorite one and by far is Haldir, first I really like him in the movie (because he was good looking), good transposition from the book and secondly because I always see is Lego chest as a Talmor outfit in TES Skyrim... Unfortunately, I don't have it...

CMF one of course, because it's the only one who is yellow :P

I love the CMF one also i have two of him and have another one i'm buying off a friend for my custom elf army, but Elrond is just so cool the blending between the legs and shirt is epic!

My favorite one and by far is Haldir, first I really like him in the movie (because he was good looking), good transposition from the book and secondly because I always see is Lego chest as a Talmor outfit in TES Skyrim... Unfortunately, I don't have it...

I love that figure to, i just wish they had his armies with him!

I love my CMF Elves, but the Elf I'm most looking forward to is Tauriel, because she's the only female in the bunch. I really hope we get Arwen in the next waves of LOTR.

I love my CMF Elves, but the Elf I'm most looking forward to is Tauriel, because she's the only female in the bunch. I really hope we get Arwen in the next waves of LOTR.

Yes arwen Would be great! i think there's a shot of her in the lego LotR video game dev diary 2 (if not that it's 1 but i think its 2)

I share this opinion.

Though if I were to pick one of the fleshie elves, I'd say Tauriel.

I gotta say, I do really like the printing and color sceheme on the CMF Elf, but the very reason several people like it so much is the reason I don't! He is yellow and doesn't match the rest of my LotR minifigs without modding :sad:

I have to go with the CMF elf, for the same reason as others have said... he's yellow and matches all my other castle figures.

I think the LOTR figures are beautiful, and I would love to include the elves with my other figures, but the flesh color looks out of place among my yellow skinned minifigs. :sceptic:

I think I'll go with CMF Elf as well, tho I like all the LOTR elves, too (particularly the Elf Guard, Haldir, LOTR Legolas, and Tauriel). CMF's the first, has a great print (all the elves do), nice short hair so you can turn his head easily.

Things I wish for Lego elves: CMF elf hairpiece in reddish brown or dark brown with Fleshie ears, for some more variety among LOTR Elves (not movie-accurate variety, perhaps), CMF elf hairpiece with different hair colors (reddish brown, black, dark orange, etc) but the yellow ears for more variety among yellow elves, and LOTR elf hairpiece in a variety of hair colors with yellow ears. Also, more elven troops! Hopefully we'll see plenty of Woodland Elves for later Hobbit sets based on the later films, but I'd love another Helm's Deep-themed army-builder with a couple elves to join Haldir (helmeted is fine, as he was pretty much the only bare-headed elf in the group). Lastly, if/when a non-LOTR Castle theme returns, I'd love some further expansion of the CMF Elf 'faction' (with the different hair colors & lengths mentioned above) to give 'em a little 'oomph'. I'd love a yellow elf with that shield but a different body print and a neat elven sword.

One thing to keep in mind with the plethora of fleshie elves: maybe it's a GOOD thing the skin tones don't match the yellows! Elves aren't human, after all. Perhaps their skin tone could work as a way of making them distinct from your yellow figures? Just a thought.

One thing to keep in mind with the plethora of fleshie elves: maybe it's a GOOD thing the skin tones don't match the yellows! Elves aren't human, after all. Perhaps their skin tone could work as a way of making them distinct from your yellow figures? Just a thought.

That is a VERY interesting thought--I'll share that with the folks in the Heroica RPG, it'll be most helpful. :wink:

In terms of favorite elf, I think I'll go with the elf guard, he's nice and generic and his print doesn't extend between his torso and legs, meaning I can use the torso individually in other 'figs. :wink:

Also i am new to making topics so can someone please show me how to make this a poll?

Become a knight.

I really can't decide, I really love the hair and torsos of all of them, I'll maybe go with Turiel.

Cmf for me too. I don't know if it is the long hair or fleshie skin but something about the LotR elves that I don't like.

This is what I was thinking. And then, the CMF Elf can be, wait for it D&D players... a half-elf!

I was contemplating combining all the elves when the Hobbit sets come out and maybe replacing their torsos with all the extra Eomer torsos I have. Then I would have around 6-7 elves for the Helm's Deep scene that could act as a mini army. Still not a ton, and they wouldn't have any helmets, but it's better than nothing till we get some proper elf soldiers I figure.