Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Camp at the Black Pyramid

With Mikel Kalores missing since his expedition with the Alleenridders, it seemed that Yesil the Grelf must look elsewhere for a hero for Kaliphlin. And so it was that a resident of a small fishing town on the eastern coast of Kaliphlin received a message. And the day after receiving the message, the villager left town. A few weeks later the villager met up with Yesil in a desolate location deep in the Parched Lands.

SAM_0133_zps9b32d1d1.jpg

SAM_0137_zps49003980.jpg

SAM_0134_zps66a5cd1e.jpg

The black pyramid was built centuries ago to preserve the trees of life. The water that flows around the tree roots is rumored to contain a power great enough to turn the deserts into forests or put an end to the elemental chaos of Victor Revolword. Masa dips his blade into the pool and pledges his support to the Phantom Legion.

SAM_0140_zps8e3848e1.jpg

As there is not much else to do, soldiers carve wood sculptures or dry meat strips into jerky.

SAM_0143_zps845b18e5.jpg

Forces of the Corrupt Hand are dealt with mercilessly. They are put into pillory, with a black sack stuck over their head until they give the very last bit of information they know of Victor Revolword and his plans.

SAM_0144_zps37283aee.jpg

Masa's tent. Even in war, he lives in considerable luxury.

SAM_0145_zps91a6406a.jpg

Every day new volunteers arrive bringing manpower and supplies to the Phantom Legion.

SAM_0146_zps7cedb7f9.jpg

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

Great work! the sand is epic! also cool tents.

Keep it up and good luck with judging (maybe voting?)

~Legonardo

The pillory is just such a great idea. I mean the rest is pretty cool too, but the pillory really gave me a good laugh!

Good work with the pyramid (I remember that one. . . :laugh: ) Boy do you have a lot of sand! Those tents look great as well :thumbup: I love the purple! (BTW, did you ever notice that I did post a picture of a few soldiers in the thread you asked us to? :wink: ). Great job, glad to see we've got a Kaliphlinian already done! :thumbup:

Very nice entry, the pyramid looks great and the sand is superb :thumbup: Nice work on the tents and tree inside the pyramid as well :classic:

:classic: I love this Mikel. Really love it. The background micro picture of the view outside the pyramid is genius, the Zurg tents are fantastic, your tree is amazing, and I am in awe of your sand piling. Masa has a great tent waiting for him. The stocks and the dino rider blend in really well. Fantastic build, well done and good luck!

Thanks everyone for your comments! I'm glad that there was a size limit on this challenge as when I had started out it was going to be much larger (Kai NRG remembers) and I don't think I could have got it done in time. :laugh:

I love the contrast of sand color with black, it imposes respect.

I like the technique used to build the tree, I never have seen it before.

The inclusion of the raptor is nice too.

And the tents have good colors and creative use of pieces.

Good luck. :thumbup:

very nice! I like your tents a lot and great background idea too.

good luck

Great job. I like the idea of the tree growing inside the pyramid.

Wow very nice. The only thing I didn't like was the Yoda head slipped in there and that is only a 7 out of 10 on the dislike scale. :thumbup:

Thanks again for the comments! :wub:

The only thing I didn't like was the Yoda head slipped in there

What is Yoda head? *huh*:devil: Seriously though, I call him a grelf and he is kind of an integral background character of mine, kind of a bit of humor... he has been around since my first MOC for GoH I think.

This is awesome! I love this build, it is exactly what I pictured from a Kaliphlin sacred land with a camp around it!

So much to like here! The tents are so nice and the ones in purple are just great looking!

The black pyramid is of course the real eyecandy here and it´s nice to see inside it! The trees inside are a great touch!

Excellent job! so many good camp details, and the idea for the pyrimid is great. Definitely a sacred location in Kaliphlin.

This looks awesome, I love the tents, and the black pyramid was a great idea. :thumbup:

To be honest... I stared a while at this creation *oh2* Everything is just right, and the details are stunning. Like how the sand elevates a bit, the sand on the tent in front of the pyramid and that the pyramid isn't perfect on the outside! Also the tents are great, purple? Daring but it works excellent! And as a fan of creating minifigs: great job on those especially the soldiers. :thumbup:

Stunning. I really am in love with your creation! Such a nice story, such a great execution and so many details to look at! Great interior as well!

Thanks! Glad you guys liked it!

Also the tents are great, purple?

I got quite a few Construct a Zurg sets for really cheap and as there aren't really too many parts in that color, had to try and think of another way to use the pieces from that set. And so the purple tent was born... I have had them sitting around a while but they never seemed to fit into any of my MOCs very well until now.