Capt. Stabbin

Puuc style maya architecture

[pid][/pid]227A

Hello All,

Here is my version of a Puuc style maya building, based on the House of the Turtles at Uxmal, Mexico. I am obsessed with everything maya. So, what a better way to express my interests than in LEGO!

img_0271.jpg

img_0272.jpg

img_0275.jpg

img_0276.jpg

img_0277.jpg

A sacrifice to the rain god Chaac.

img_0278.jpg

img_0279.jpg

My model is based on this building.

img_0223.jpg

Thanks for looking!

C&C welcome and appreciated.

Capt. Stabbin

:jollyroger:

Nicely done, Cap'n! Looks quite a bit like the original. I got a good chuckle from the sacrifice, and using the ladybug piece for a heart is a great idea.

This is very well done. It looks just like the original! I love how you did the "knobs" around the building.

This is very well done. It looks just like the original! I love how you did the "knobs" around the building.

Thanks for the reply, thats nice words comming from a Bluecoat! The "knobs" are my version of the turtles from the original. It's the best way I could do it with the pieces I have.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, thats nice words comming from a Bluecoat! The "knobs" are my version of the turtles from the original. It's the best way I could do it with the pieces I have.

Thanks

No problem, comrade! :tongue:

Edited by Grimmbeard

since I too am obsessed with everything maya, I totally love this. This build is very original but what I like most the decal for the mural. Excellent!

A really great MOC - I was really plesently surprised when I got to the bottom and saw the real picture how close it was! As said earlier, the knobs around the edges really finish it off nicely! Plus its always good to get a CMF into these MOC's without shoehorning it!