Hoexbroe

US 50's Soda Shop

Hi all,

I present you the last building to be finished for the MegaMOC 2012. (Bus&Train station, City Hall and Used Cars Sale already finished, but not published);

Namely an american 1950´ies Soda Shop, or Ice Cream Parlor;

dsc05700r.jpg

dsc05701.jpg

dsc05702.jpg

-Unfortunatly the front of the building will not be directly visible...

The building has a fully decorated interior;

dsc05703.jpg

-At least speaking about the ground floor. The other two floors can be opened also, but for the moment they will not be decorated;

dsc05704.jpg

As you can imagine, the strong point with this MOC is the interior of the Soda Shop. Here are some close-ups;

dsc05709.jpg

dsc05706.jpg

dsc05707.jpg

dsc05710.jpg

-Some details has been inspired by a MOC by Legohaulic...

Ciao!

Edited by Hoexbroe

Great colors for furnishing!

That jukebox is the best I have seen in LEGO! :thumbup:

Where did that clock come from?

The flooring just screams: AMERICAN DINER!!!

Probably from the scale (sticker) of 3188 Heartlake Vet, as are the medium azure curved tops.

Hoexbroe, I love how you attached those curved tops to make the seats. I was thinking about using them as a backrest for my own restaurant, but using them for the whole seats is even better.

Great colors for furnishing!

That jukebox is the best I have seen in LEGO! :thumbup:

The flooring just screams: AMERICAN DINER!!!

Thanks! :-)

The jukebox might be a Misterzumbi invention.

The clock -and some other pieces, like the sofas, comes from the Friends Veterenarian set. (The clock is actually a weight-scale)

It´s definatly NOT a diner! There is a diner next door to this place. It has been posted here on Eurobircks too, and features an interior decoration somewhat like this one...

Excellent! The design, the colors, the furnishings! I spent many an hour in soda shops like that. Looking forward to more.

Andy D

This really is fantastic. You know what my favourite detail is, but I have to say, that whole ground floor interior is just spectacular. The exterior is great as well. I'd love to go to the HispaLUG Expo, but it's the same weekend as the Fanwelt in Cologne, so it's a no-go...

Nice building, with an even better interior. I really like the colors you have chosen.

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the JukeBox and the interior of the ground floor :grin_wub: :grin_wub:

Have you intention to finish the interior of the second and the third floor?? :wink:

Makes me think Back to the Future! Awesome.

Indeed :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Wedge09

Great job Hoexbro! I love the interior of the soda fountain and the Jukebox! Definitely has a 50's feel. Anything planned upstairs? :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

I really like what you have done here and I keep coming back for another look. Love the jukebox, colour combination, the checker trim on the wall :wub: , the seats, the trim on the table legs, the grill brick / grill tile trim between the seats and the raised booth, in particular.

Can't what to see the megaMOC 2012!

I was really impress by the interior, I guess it is your most important part. Your jukebox is really clever, all the parts are great! I hope you will finish the upper level and good luck with the contest!

What a brilliant idea, the color scheme, especially of the interior, looks great! :thumbup: Excellent couches as well!

Absolutely stunning :Hoexbroe" what a great interior! I really like that you used 1x2 tiles on the floor, looks unique. What is that yellow piece on the counter that looks like a cupcake or muffin wrapper?

That MOC looks amazing. I love the awnings and the interior is terrific. :sweet: There's also a lot of really nice detail on the exterior of the building.

Love it! I'm a sucker for anything of this era, and you certainly nailed the look of the interior. Blogged on Brick Town Talk!

Thanks, your own works always serves as inpsiration too!

Absolutely stunning :Hoexbroe" what a great interior! I really like that you used 1x2 tiles on the floor, looks unique. What is that yellow piece on the counter that looks like a cupcake or muffin wrapper?

Thanks. That is from a Friends Café set. (Where also major part of the awning comes from...)

The use of 1x2 tiles on the floor was a necessety; All my 2x2 are used in the Diner, and I didnt have enough 1x1´s. I am glad it worked out OK.

Wow I haven't looked much into friends yet looks like some great moc stuff in those sets. I like the 1x2's because I feel like everything is 2x2 tiles for floors its refreshing to see something different

The highlight of this MOC is most definitely its interiors - the Soda Shop. There's lots of great detailing, I really like the seating area in friends blue, and black&white tiled floor.