Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

"Ah thank you for reminding me of my writ, but I do recall handing Johon the Rose."

"Sorry, I must have missed it!"

Sylph moved towards the Rhitz's Stall. He looked around for a bit, and then settled on the Emerald Hood. He brushed his gauntletted hand down the smooth Brendentonian cloth, admiring the bright earthy colour.

"I'll buy this." Sylph stated at last. He handed the wealthy man his hard-earned gold, and took the largest cloak he could find in exchange. He draped it ceremoniously over his head. The thing was large enough to fit over his cold-iron animal-skull helmet and then some, concealing all but the bottom-most part of the face grid, and allowing a glimmer of light to reflect from his veiled eyes.

314-275=39 gold. +1 Emerald Hood.

"Who wants the Writ? And have we decided who's getting the Sword?"

"Who wants the Writ? And have we decided who's getting the Sword?"

"It's a beautiful weapon, but a Greatsword is much too large for a Rogue to wield. Perhaps Romulus will want to trade it for Combrys? Johon and Alexandre would be able to use it as well, I believe.

As for the Writ, I could obviously use it, but so could anyone else. It's your decision!"

Johon, since Rome's got the Combys, and Galen's not asking for it, and Alex's got the Best sword out of all of us, I think you should have this one. Your Decaying Sword's pretty great too, but I can see this one being useful to you as well. No offense Galen, but before you made your purchases you had enough money to buy a small ship... Actually, I think I'll use it if no one minds. I would like to improve my Shrapnel Bow."

QM Note: Sylph, note I bumped off the glasses so you can don the hood.

AbK1q.png

"Where the colony goes, we follow... especially since the Princes are no longer a the helm."

AbK1q.png

"We're probably going to linger for a few days to gathe rup our things, then head down to Eubric. Who knows, maybe we'll set up shop down there. Depends whether or not they are willing to accept us out in the open... The new colony is being built underground it seems, and they'll remain underground until they can sort out their leadership issues and present themselves in a good way. Can't say I blame 'em, we are a bit... intimidating. :blush: "

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 22.66

Power: 30 (22+7+1)

Defense: 4

Health: 38/38c(21+17+7+1)

Ether: 5/25 (5+16+1)

Gold: 39

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1) , Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs,Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Helmet (Max. health +1), Quartz, Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Journal of The Wound, Emerald, Trial Brew x3, Suffering's Journal, Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.), Nostrum, 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls),

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 23.66

Power: 35 (23+8+4)

Health: 40/40 (23+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed* *Stunned* *Poisoned!*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 2882 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights, Bravado Boots (1/6 chance of being Lucky at the beginning of every battle), Scarlet Hood (+4 to power, immunity to stunned)

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone), Blue Rose

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages), Gladius (WP: 15, Darkness elemental, 1/3 chance of Fragile on succesful hits)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (4), Venom (2), Trial Brew (1), Remedy

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1), Topaz (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 22.66 Evoker *Immune to Fragile!*

Power: 33

Defense: 6

Health: 25/32

Ether: 5/21

Gold: 251

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11 *Permanently Deadly Envenomed!*), Chainmail (SP: 2, Bodywear: half damage from Fire elemental enemies and double from Electric elemental enemies) Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz, Opal, Venom x4, Spade, Pickaxe, 3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Fireworks, Remedy, Dualis Scepters (WP: 8, Club/Staff, Dual-striking), mead, Hide of The Regret (halves damage from undead; suitable for anyone, backwear)

alexandreavatar.png Alexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 21.33 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 31

Defense: 13

Health: 41/41

Ether: 10/21

Gold: 400

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 10 ;ignores SP, +1 gold per successful strike), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians), Dapper Hat (Headwear, wearer has a 1/6 chance of becoming encouraged at the start of each battle)

Inventory: Potions (5), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Grand Tonic, Scroll of Sealing, Elixir, Feather Duster of DOOM (WP: 1) Deadly Venom, Tome of The Regret, Volatile Venom x5

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Romulus Dean (played by TheBoyWonder)

Level 16.5 Rogue *Immune to weakened* *Immune to Stunned*

Power: 36

Health: 22/22

Gold: 1395 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 15, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Scarlet Hood (Headwear, Power +4, Protects from Stunned)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Venom x3, Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer), Garnet, Scarlet Hood (Headwear, Power +4, Protects from Stunned), Garnet, Phoenix Essence, Pugilist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Throwing Dagger (WP: 6)

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 19

Power: 29 (19+10)

Defense: 1(+1)

Health: 29/29 (7+18+4)

Gold: 2334

Equipment: Murkwood Thread (WP: 10), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Stretchy Rubber Band (Accessory, returns thrown weapons immediately)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged *Permanently Crumbling!*), Bedroll, Venom x2, Grand Potion, Fire Bomb, Goblin's Wrench(WP:10 ,retrievable), Black Katana (WP:8), Trial Brew x3, Goblin's Wrench (WP:10,retrievable), Cast, Leather Armour (SP:1), Hide of The Wound (+6 power to throwing weapons), Smokebomb, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Plague Venom, Throwing Dagger (WP6), Smelling Salts, Stingy Gloves x2, overkill Gloves x2, Emerald Hood

QM Note: I'll have an epilogue up tonight, as well as the rest of the analysis for the QM lounge.

~Epilogue~

It is a few days after the quest concludes.The heroes lounge in the hall, resting their weary bodies after the grueling quest. As they reminisce about all of the people they met in Luosh, as if on cue, a letter arrives addressed to them all. It comes in a rather large vanilla envelope, sealed by the Luoshian emblem. Carefully cutting the seal, a rather bulky envelope pours out, written in a childish scrawl. It quickly becomes apparent who the author was: Punii. Huddling around the letter, the party begins to read the letter...

Hello there, heroes! Enjoying your downtime, I bet? Luosh definitely is - we all are, really. The Proggs left some wounds during their invasion, but thankfully we've all been cooperating to help them heal. I've met up with all of the people we met during our quest...

qi64g.png

"How are you, *wheeze* Hal?"

Hal halts his patrol route and gets down on one knee to address the young Progg.

LFW9s.png

"Patrol routes, friend. Believe it or not, despite what has happened, I'm trying to return back to normal life."

qi64g.png

"Yeah, after all of those *cough* battles yesterday... it isn't going to be easy *wheeze* huh?"

LFW9s.png

"Hah. And to think I was considering retiring before that mess... I may be 42, but I'm not out of my prime yet.

...Although, to be honest, these patrols are kind of a waste. Crime rates have practically dropped to zero, and I'm guessing it'll stay like that for a long time. Nobody is ready to go back to cops and robbers anytime soon."

Hal jumped right back into work... he enjoys it a lot, actually. Guy sure id dedicated, huh? With crime rates at zero he has been helping the families of Luosh out, and sometimes making grocery runs to neighboring towns to stock up on supplies.

With the invasion over, Mystrinitri forest's labyrinth was no longer necessary. With the forest untangled, it is only a short scenic walk to the grand Dini Manor... With hard work and determination the young Progg manages to reach the front door's knocker, Punii quickly being ushered in for some tea. The pnatry had been raided, but Hal had donated the necessities to the mage while he rebuilt his home. Punii, Natasha, Dini, and Roni all sit around the table as they discuss over a lights snack:

qi64g.png

"Nice to be in *wheeze* this manor without being swarmed by an entire legion... how are the *wheeze* repairs going?"

hHLG0.png

"Indeed - my home own becoming hostile is not something I want to relive! Those ruffians almost destroyed the place, but repairs have been going smoothly. No amount of home renovation can withstand my greatness!"

mKGDbde.png

"Aww, cool the ego, uncle." Natasha jokes.

hHLG0.png

"Ah, drat. Force of habit..."

mKGDbde.png

"I've been staying home from Salmanda to help Mr. Great here repair his home. Family is more important then studies, y'know?"

Roni happily bounces up and down in her seat.

DSCF2263_ava.jpg

"Am I helping, Unca Dini?"

Dini laughs his trademark hearty laugh.

hHLG0.png

"Of course you are, young one!"

Luosh's resident mage is doing just fine, what with his two helpers. The manor almost got wrecked, but luckily a little bit of magic helps the project go smoothly... Dini, Hal and I have been talking about bringing Roni home for the past few days. We're heading out soon... Wonder what Eubric will hold for us during our little visit?

Punii continues his trot through Luosh, arriving at the outskirts of the Town Hall. With the mightiest wing of his tail he could muster (or, in other words, not much at all) he whacks the copper bell. Unlike the times during the quest, the occupants of the burrow stir out immediately, carrying several bags and boxes. The juvenile alchemist notes they are all labelled "Chemical Hazard"... Poison.

AbK1q.png

"Oh, hello there!"

AbK1q.png

"What's up, little guy?"

qi64g.png

"Just *cough* seeing how everybody in Luosh is doing. What are you *wheeze* guys up to?"

AbK1q.png

"Packing! Like we said, where the colony goes, we end up following... so to Eubric we go."

AbK1q.png

"Can't just leave all this venom behind, right? We're going to see if we can secure a marketplace stall or something, though I do hope that any customers won't be, well, scared out of their wits..."

qi64g.png

"Proggs aren't really something you see *wheeze* daily, yeah..."

The toxic twins are getting ready to move out! I wonder if we'll see them in Eubric any time soon?

I would interview Beatrice, but she moved out with Galen. if you want to know ho she is doing, he is the expert on that kind of thing. :tongue:

Having memorized the perilous path from the Murkwood, Punii casually walks his way into the Murkwood forest... and is met with no resistance. There he meets some arachnid friends.

qi64g.png

"Hello *wheeze* there!"

yzGJZ.png

"Ah, hello, young one!"

RbwBs.png

"It is good to see some familiar faces during our time of mourning... "

qlIEf.pngR8oJK.png

"Punii!!"

Morxes and Lyrol rush from the Acolyte's side and give Punii a spidery hug.

qi64g.png

"Heh, good top see you guys *wheeze* too! How is the Murkwood doing?"

RbwBs.png

"We've hit a rocky point in our history, just as we have many times before."

yzGJZ.png

"All of the spiders have been meeting in Aranoc's chambers to debate on issues - it has worked well thus far. We'll continue until young Morxes and Lyrol come of age, but until then, this system works."

qlIEf.png

"I'm gonna grow up big and strong, just like daddy!"

R8oJK.png

"Yeah, me too!"

Punii smiles.

qi64g.png

"I'm sure you *wheeze* will."

The young Progg looks down, the up, and speaks in a quiet voice.

"He was a real hero, you know..."

They've suffered so many losses, but thankfully the Murkwood will endure. This invasion seems to have brought everyone closer together, really - Luosh, Murkwood, Heroica, everybody. We'll all have to make sure Aranoc's sacrifice for us wasn't in vain...

Despite being cut down by The Wound, the Rihts bridge was already back in working order. treading carefully across the now reinforced bridge, Punii reaches the rather impromptu manor.

AcMbM.png

"Oohh, Punii is back, Punii is back!"

The young girl pets the Progg, Punii not minding it too much.

cTQMk.png

"Hah- sis, he isn't some lousy housecat! treat the guy with some respect!"

t2GvV.png

"Your brother is right, honey. Give punii his space."

30Fc4.png

"Good to see someone we know during these times! What brings you here, Punii?"

qi64g.png

"Just checking up on *wheeze* everybody in Luosh. How is your family faring, mr Rihts -have cloth sales slowed down?"

30Fc4.png

"No no no, we're doing fine. We've had a nest egg set up for quite some time now... Cloth sales have been going great - excellent, even! - but we're not making a single cent of it. Luosh deserves the funds more then I."

This ordeal really has brought the best out in everybody, huh? Almost all profits have been donated to the Luosh repair fund lately. At this rate we'lll be rebuilt in no time flat!

Meanwhile, in the Commerz Bank...

qi64g.png

"Whatcha doin' *wheeze* Ayla?"

The banker vigorously writes out document after document, paper after paper, check after check.

KhaBM.png

"Business as usual, mostly - but there has been a bit of a lull in business today, so I've been setting up everything for your internship."

Ayla writes her name on one last check and looks up from her desk, smiling warmly at the Progg.

KhaBM.png

"You don't know how proud of you I am, little guy. not everybody has what it takes to get the position you're getting. Make sure to come home to Luosh sometime, alright?"

qi64g.png

"Of course, *wheeze* Ayla."

With that, the young Progg curls up into a ball and takes a nap next to Ayla...

Well, heroes, I may be seeing you sooner then we thought. I applied for an internship for the Guild of Invision - and got selected! I'll be able to improve my craft and become a better alchemist then ever before. In just a few short months I'll begin... I'm so excited! We're definitely gonna have to meet up sometime for lunch or something. That is what humans do, right? Anyway, I'll be in Eubric pretty soon, so be on the lookout. I just hope I won't get hit by a broom if I return to Heroica Hall...

Punii stirs wake and heads to his final destination in Luosh.

Z6VrLSN.png

Well, heroes, I guess this is the end of our adventures... for now. Thanks for everything, and hopefully I can meet up with you guys soon. Until then, heroes!

--Punii

~The End~

Edited by Endgame