Bricksan

Coastguard HQ Modular Building

My last update for my City layout project was way back in July, however this is not due to me doing nothing but the exact opposite. I have spent the past few months building the Coastguard HQ building, I have not shown any progress as wanted to wait till it was complete until I revealed it. The building is based on the Fire Station Modular Building.

To start with the building has the same colour scheme from the 2008 Coastguard City sub theme, this made the building very interesting when building it as not everything comes in orange. Also the building is built across two baseplates a blue 32×32 one and a road one that is used in most large City buildings like the recent police station. This meant a building challenge in getting the look right and also fitting it on to the base plates.

I built the building first on LDD and I rebuilt it a few times until I was happy with it, the original plan was to have to buildings back to back and connect but I decided to build one large building. The building is double the depth of normal modulars but they will still sit next to the building at the road side leaving a 32×16 gap at the back. So if I extend outwards I can add more dockside behind the other buildings.

For more details see here: http://brickfanatics...-coastguard-hq/

8108422678_e5c4cb317e.jpg

8108422862_046e5a660b.jpg

8108423048_19a8d9fee9.jpg

8108423226_d1700b38ee.jpg

8108423376_b65caff1f3.jpg

8108423504_d8f767453e.jpg

8108414553_5b7236fff6.jpg

8108423840_aa8cbdd818.jpg

8108424132_8c1675e5a4.jpg

8108415153_4ebd5d5cf8.jpg

8108415769_f38ac6faf7.jpg

Great Mod of the Fire Brigade into a Coastguard station Bricksan. I bet it was hard collecting all the orange parts you needed. I love how the water craft come out the rear of the station and slip into the water like it does at a lifeboar station. You have just given me the nudge to get photoing and posting my Mod's of the fire brigade although they are still fire stations. But again excellent job you have done there.

Thanks Scott, it made life interesting as I also bought every element in "new" condition just to make it even more challenging, I plan on filming a little video to cover all the details a photo may have missed.

Brilliant conversion and very colourful.

I'd love to see it combined with some other waterfront buildings.

That is the plan I will update my City Project topic, with a complete overview of how my layout is taking shape.

Excellent take on the modular fire station and flipping it into a coast guard base.....different and kind of funky in those colours.....I like it ! :grin_wub:

Brick On 'Bricksan' ! :wink:

Excellent take on the modular fire station and flipping it into a coast guard base.....different and kind of funky in those colours.....I like it ! :grin_wub:

Brick On 'Bricksan' ! :wink:

Thanks pal, the reason for the colour scheme is they are the same as those used in the 2008 Coastguard sub-theme

Great MOD, Bricksan! :wub_drool:

Normally I prefer less bright colors for modulars, but in this case the orange fits perfectly!

The interior is great, what brick is the 1x3x? wall-computer?

And on the back I would have skipped the "2012", it looks better if it is on one side only. But that's just nit-picking on high level. :wink:

Thanks, the brick in question is a custom brick from the website Citizen Bricks, I felt it added a unique touch to the control room. I had thought of having 2012 one one side only but when done in plain gray it did not look right. :-)

Excellent coastguard HQ! The orange looks great and the helicopter landing pad and equipment inside are nice details :thumbup:

Excellent work!

Would love to see a side shot especially of the back and the boat ramp area!

I will take a side photo when I do a overview of the entire layout so far :)

I like it becuase it make both of them! The brick effect is clever and I really appreciate the corniche and the blacony too. Adding 2012 is also a great touch. The interior seems to work well! I'm just having some trouble with your door on the roof...

Well done.

I like it becuase it make both of them! The brick effect is clever and I really appreciate the corniche and the blacony too. Adding 2012 is also a great touch. The interior seems to work well! I'm just having some trouble with your door on the roof...

Well done.

In what way?

I had thought about altering it and having it upright but could not get it to look right but ideas welcomed to improve it

Very good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like a lot the biliards :wink:

I had thought of having 2012 one one side only but when done in plain gray it did not look right. :-)

Maybe you find a brick built logo or ornament that fits there!?

Edited by PsyKater

This is great! I'm building the Fire Brigade right now and love the dark red but the orange is terrific here too, works so well with the teal. Love the idea of the boat ramps.

This is great! I'm building the Fire Brigade right now and love the dark red but the orange is terrific here too, works so well with the teal. Love the idea of the boat ramps.

Thanks but one thing there is no teal on the build ??

Like holodoc said above, I really prefer to stay away from bright colors on my modular street (I almost screamed when the rumor was going around that the Palace Cinema was yellow), but this works extremely well. It is actually tempting me to try something in orange. I also really like the double garage. Makes me wish the FB was double. This is really good - nice job!

Like holodoc said above, I really prefer to stay away from bright colors on my modular street (I almost screamed when the rumor was going around that the Palace Cinema was yellow), but this works extremely well. It is actually tempting me to try something in orange. I also really like the double garage. Makes me wish the FB was double. This is really good - nice job!

Thanks, I am glad I kept with the colour scheme. If you use the colours the right way the end result is really effective. For the double garage it took a few attempts on LDD to get the right look but still keeping with the overall style of the fire station. I will post some images of how the side looks when I update my City Project topic later.