So, I've been a long time lurker on this site (since 2008), and as I spend a considerable amount of time browsing Eurobricks' content, I thought, why not become a member? So I did.

Let's get to know me a little. My name is Carousel (not really, but anyway); I've played, or should I say, constructed, with Lego since the age of four; and despite various people's objections to my Lego-purchasing habits, I'll keep on playing... I mean constructing, for a very long time, all the way into the distant future. Although I talk about the future, I'm not really into futuristic Lego Space themes. I much prefer LotR, Medieval, Modular buildings, Exclusives, Pirate, DC Super Heroes, Collectible Minifigures and some action themes (except for that ghastly Ninjago). My favourite sets, you may ask? It's a toss up between the 10196 Medieval Market Village or the 10210 Imperial Flagship. A note about one of my pet peeves: I get extremely infuriated when people refer to Lego as Legos... ugh. These days, my passion is stop-motion animation with Lego, known as Brickfilming, as well as creating MOCs (which are usually my detailed sets). You'll see quite a few of my Brickfilms in the near future...

Other things besides Lego are; I come from Australia, I'm quite opinionated, I have a cat, creatively named Purr (I was five years old when I named her), I like Apple things, I love pre-Matt Smith Doctor Who (don't get me started), and I'm quite accident prone. So those random facts aside, I'm extremely happy to have joined the best Lego disscussion/news/review/creation website on the internet!

Thanks,

Carousel

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I plan to release my first short by the end of the year *hopefully*.

Hey I'm also new here. Great to see someone shares my opinions on Doctor Who haha! I'd be interested to see any form of brickfilm you've made, or any WIP's etc you may have!

I too miss those good ol' days of believable/fantastic scripts and great acting in Doctor Who (RTD era). You'll have to wait at least until the very end of the year for any of my brickfilms to be released (I'm planning, building sets and getting gear right now), but I'm really happy that there will be an audience! Thanks Briktor.

Welcome, I too lurked for some time here before getting an account but I'm glad I did and I think you will be happy here too.

Like you, I've been a fan of LEGO since my first kits (actually manufactured in the States by Samsonite) at a very early age, though, despite the intervening decades, I freely admit to playing with them ;->

I'm in no position to question a cat name Purr, I once had one named Mouse, and speaking of cats and being accident prone, I once tripped over my cat and dropped a 5000+ piece original LEGO sculpture that had taken me a month to design and build. My cat refuses to answer to any of the names I called him that night...

As a (near) total aside, my favorite incarnations of Doctor Who are David Tennant, Jon Pertwee, and Tom Baker (in that order) and when Matt Smith's time is up, I can't say that I'll miss him.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing some of those animations or yours.

@ZCerberus, I'm sure I wills :head_back:

@ShaydDeGrai, I've labelled my Lego obsession a hobby, and it feels a little more justifiable to the public now! That must have been devastating when you tripped over your cat. My cat bats me with it's paw on the back of the leg whenever it's less than impressed with my actions; for example, my family went camping, so we got some friends to look after her, and upon our return, she did her routine.

Your favourite Doctors are almost the same as mine, which go as follows; Tom Baker, David Tennant, Pat Troughton and Jon Pertwee. I totally agree with your opinion of Matt Smith - on the note of him leaving, I have a hunch that he'll take the 50th anniversary of DW (1963-2013) as a good chance to leave (fingers crossed!).

Thanks!