Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Three

Hervi, it's not like your typical careful Einherjar you to keep talking about how to interpret last night's events, while only responding to the concerns I also raised earlier when you're accused directly by Dragmall.

You and Petrus keep bringing up the playing style of Artemis and it really seems like anything you're asking will just push the explanation closer to revealing her identity. You can insist you don't want her identity all you want, but the explanations you're asking for would require her identity to satisfy it. Others were able to figure things out, I'm surprised the two of you haven't, so I was also waiting for you and Petrus to put two and two together. To be honest, the two of you are usually more fun during these games and I haven't seen the fun side, you've both been kind of serious and somewhat smug and sarcastic, so I haven't felt much like responding to you. It seems you and your friend Petrus have tunnel vision on me and I was hoping it would go away as I prove myself with my actions. However, at this point, I do believe if the cloaked killer killed me at night and I was declared Einherjar in the morning, you and Petrus would claim that Odin is lying to us and try to vote him out. I did think of something today and I wondered if you and Petrus haven't been suspicious of me from the beginning due to a conversation in a pub, a real pub where D&D was discussed over mead. I really hope your suspicions haven't been based on that conversation... :hmpf: Not to mention, some of your questions keep repeating. I think I've answered the question about why I came forward with the play when I did a couple times, but here it is again: I thought there were two investigators and bringing the info forward would either warn people we were up against something that needed two or warn a real investigator in case the claims were fake. That investigator would be able to expose them, hopefully through finding some safe anonymous way to announce that they were the investigator. Also further discussion could be had about being up against two factions or a bunch of neutrals, or even a cult and if something else showed up strange in Night Action results, people could bring forward further evidence to anything strange. The timing of the play was actually suggested by Gofraid the Foog.

I would note Hervi that I am also just presenting the information I have, and am acting on it. Lynching you will clear up a lot of confusion.

And there would be absolutely no hard feelings if that ends up happening. Whatever side you are on, we're already dead anyway. :tongue:

My apologies, I meant continuity of the result from the protector on night one, who also had an uncertain result.

Understood.

That is definitely something we will consider if you turn up town tomorrow, as I noted originally. We can't properly have that discussion until you are confirmed however, which we shall do with your death.

It would be hard to lynch a claimed investigator. Unfortunately, I'm in the position to know that the disorientation doesn't mean I'm not Einherjar, but it'll be good to see what happens after you guys figure it out, from the after-afterlife.

I shall answer that, my suspicion was based on the fact that the protecto had a woozy result when protecting Petrus. However I also feel that this doesn't necessarily mean Petrus is bad; after all, she has been pretty firm about you. If you turn up town however, she will be one of the first people we look at I would say.

I get the feeling she is just stuck. She's super smart and wouldn't play this bold if she were a Servant of Loki.

We shall see when voting starts, but several people have made their opinions known, and as I see it you are the best person to lynch today. I don't see lynching anyone else having anywhere near as many benefits.

We shall see, yes. And I would understand if I was lynched considering everything that has been revealed today.

You and Petrus keep bringing up the playing style of Artemis and it really seems like anything you're asking will just push the explanation closer to revealing her identity.

That wasn't what I was trying to do at all. I was just making that point that, good intentions or not, you revealing the play with the aliases eventually made Mursi reveal himself and led people to apparently guess the identity of Poseidon as well. Both of them turn up dead and you're quick to point out people should be more careful.

To be honest, the two of you are usually more fun during these games and I haven't seen the fun side, you've both been kind of serious and somewhat smug and sarcastic, so I haven't felt much like responding to you. It seems you and your friend Petrus have tunnel vision on me and I was hoping it would go away as I prove myself with my actions.

I actually thought Petrus had tunnel vision on you from Day One on, but I must say his analysis of the situation matches up with mine more and more. I'm sorry if I came off as smug or sarcastic, but a couple of us here seem worried about your potential role in a series of events (which I laid out clearly when I last spoke). As Dragmall points out, you could very well be a loyal Einherjar who's being set up by the Servants of Loki, but it's all starting to add up for you. I have to agree with Dragmall that we'll learn most from knowing your affiliation and if an investigator can't credibly confirm you, then we may have to resort to less peaceful means.

Not to mention, some of your questions keep repeating.

I told you before, I wasn't asking about your reason to reveal the play again (by the way, the odd thing about it was how you linked it to your case against Dragmall yesterday). What I was asking about is your part in the vote for Genaro yesterday. And I don't mean to sound smug, but it would be nice to hear how you arrived at your decision to vote for Genaro.

A lot of what you are saying here is conjecture and based on assumption and probably (and most unfortunately) the continuing influence of a ghost. But since this is what I have in context of our situation, this is what I have to directly respond to, so let me see if I can't show where you're over-thinking our results, or possibly manipulating them.

There are not many dead, and I can't imagine any of the ghosts actively influencing things from the afterlife. No matter how much anger or resentment there might be, I can't see anyone actually doing this, there is too little for any of them to gain from it.

How does someone "thinking" or "believing" something line up with being woozy? And what does being woozy mean? I'm waiting to hear back from Artemis as I didn't get this as part of her results. Seeing what she wrote to me this morning I see the word "believe" but took it as the way she was telling me, not that it was a caveat from the host. Yes, it is a concern if that was part of the results from the host, but as I don't have confirmation from her, I'm not sure exactly what to think of it.

I'm not sure why you are playing dumb, we all know you are experienced enough in these matters to know that these types of results always mean something has interfered. Something not quite right that someone who isn't reading the results could miss, and thus the god will have taught them a lesson. A smart person would read the result and think "well that's strange wording, I should look into this closer", saying you don't understand what these qualifiers can mean is simply trying to mislead us into thinking you are confused. Again.

Both days I have placed a vote. Both of the people I voted for ended up getting lynched. I hardly call what I've done manipulation. Again, you know why I asked you to vote for Genaro and it's not because I'm desperate to perform a meatshield. :hmpf: This is a ridiculous theory employing several assumptions. And you know I can't explain why I asked you to vote for Genaro, which would be a very convenient place for Scum to sit. I don't know which you are, Scum or a Townie misguided by echoes from the grave, but bringing up something I can't defend myself against publicly would be a rather clever Scum move.

The meat of your defense is that a ghost is interfering? Are you missing how horrible that defense is? I think you've been caught without your pants here and you are just trying to tell us all that you are wearing pants. Just stop, the hole you've dug for yourself is deep enough.

We've seen in your past D&D sessions that you are fairly quick to meatshield both teammates and circles-of-trust if it will make you look more trustworthy. I think this time, you went overboard with it and taking out two people we all now know were from your play as well as a scum lynch that you didn't start but were very quick to jump to, that was sloppy and you know it. The blood is on your hands, you've done this to yourself.

If you were town, knowing a power role and you've claimed you knew not who but how to get word to the protector, why would you suggest protecting a blocker as you just said you had suggested? That doesn't make any sense, obviously a loyal member would have suggested to protect the most powerful person he knew of.

I was worried about Dragmall, that fight you had and then all of a sudden "never mind" was too much. Just like others have said. How could you think that was OK and not going to draw suspicion? Did you think it would draw more to him for some reason? How could it? You are the one who started it, and then just to drop it with no explanation. I think you are very convincing and silver-tongued, and the whole thing was a setup to make him look bad. So even if you were killed, he would be next. Well, I think my eyes are finally wide open on this matter. Everything from the "accident" in the pub to the "oops never mind its all ok now" here was a huge setup, it was almost clever.

My problem with the theory of Artemis being a Servant of Loki and influencing a poor, innocent Hervi is that, if that were the case, I would assume that the real investigator would have shown up by now to sort the thing out. Besides, it would serve us a third Servant of Loki on a platter ready for the lynching. However, no such investigator has shown up. Not today and not yesterday either, which leads me to assume that either Artemis is in fact our investigator, or that the real investigator is already dead. I do think Hervi would be a worthwhile lynch for today. As I said yesterday there is so much tied up around him and Bergulf that if we can finally lynch one of them, it will help us to see "the light" in quite a few areas, I believe. Yesterday, I thought that Bergulf would be a better lynch, because in case they both turn out to be town, I would rather have Hervi alive than dead. However, now I am seeing that more is tied to Hervi than Bergulf, so we would certainly learn more from Hervi's death than from Bergulf's. Therefore, I think Hervi is the best lynch for today. I still think Bergulf is damningly suspicious, but I definitely think one of them should go today, unless something incredibly worthwhile shows up for us to go on.

I would also like to draw attention to Sigmund who has done little but vote. Of course, there are one or two others like him, but he has struck me as the most suspicious.

The sky darkened as the einherjar prepared for lunch. They had lost many friends over the last few days and the hall had started to feel empty. How many more afterlives would be lost?

IMG_0371.jpg

"Time to vote," said Ragnar.

IMG_0374.jpg

You may now vote. With 19 players remaining, a majority of 10 is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day.

Well, time to get the ball rolling I guess. For the reasons I have stated, namely the benefits and clarification it will bring, I shall vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley).

This has been such a manly day. :sweet: More meat please! I could do with another sausage in me.

I told you before, I wasn't asking about your reason to reveal the play again (by the way, the odd thing about it was how you linked it to your case against Dragmall yesterday). What I was asking about is your part in the vote for Genaro yesterday. And I don't mean to sound smug, but it would be nice to hear how you arrived at your decision to vote for Genaro.

I explained how I arrived at my vote when I placed my vote. The perspective of "I know who I trust and they're not being accused so I have no need to defend them" is clearly from a brain caught in the mindset of being Scum. It is also a suspicion I had been discussing with Mursi and Gofraid.

I explained how I arrived at my vote when I placed my vote. The perspective of "I know who I trust and they're not being accused so I have no need to defend them" is clearly from a brain caught in the mindset of being Scum. It is also a suspicion I had been discussing with Mursi and Gofraid.

I've been looking back at yesterday and you didn't seem all that interested in switching your vote to Gerrid after the case against him had been laid out by Finn. You insisted on focusing on Dragmall. Then 'something is brought to your attention' and you unvote Dragmall. You rest for a while and while you're sleeping with the pigs, I start a vote against Bergulf. When you wake up you don't even respond to my suspicions and rush to vote for Gerrid instead. I wonder what happened in between you unvoting Dragmall and voting for Gerrid.

Vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

You've tried forming a town block infiltrated with scum, you blocked and killed our vigilante, and you tried to convince us you were scum by voting for your teammember, maybe you did not expect it would come to a lynch, there was a very short time remaining when you and your buddies switched your vote to him, or maybe it was just a dumb attempt to clear your name, but I am very convinced of your guilt. If you come up town, you need to review your tactics, not meaning that as a mean thing, but you have done very little to convince otherwise, and if you get lynched as I hope, it is your own fault. Constructive criticism. And you must do that from the afterlife of the afterlife. If that exists.

I stated just a shortwhile earlier that I strongly believed that either Bergulf or Hervi was the man to lynch today. My reasons are the attempts that Hervi has made to protect Bergulf, or at least so it seems. Also the death his attempts at controlling the town through the various methods at his disposal. Furthermore, the fact that lynching him may provide us with highly valuable information regarding some others. This is just a few of the reasons. There are more points and hints that lead me to suspect him, but I will just state these for the time.

I've been looking back at yesterday and you didn't seem all that interested in switching your vote to Gerrid after the case against him had been laid out by Finn. You insisted on focusing on Dragmall. Then 'something is brought to your attention' and you unvote Dragmall. You rest for a while and while you're sleeping with the pigs, I start a vote against Bergulf. When you wake up you don't even respond to my suspicions and rush to vote for Gerrid instead. I wonder what happened in between you unvoting Dragmall and voting for Gerrid.

Exactly, and today there was talk of Hervi being right regarding Gerrid. Bah humbug! Finn was the one who laid out the argument against Gerrid. Hervi merely jumped on a ways in when, or so it seems, he couldn't get enough votes against Dragmall.

There's little for me to say that wouldn't be redundant in the arguments against Hervi, I agree with them all. It's important we lynch Hervi to break up all these strings attached to him. His death will ultimately be helpful to the town, regardless the affiliation, though he looks pretty scummy.

Hm, I'm more inclined to vote for Bergulf than Hervi based on my earlier suspicions, but the arguments against Hervi has been quite strong as well today, especially the one that we will get a good idea on how to vote next if we know Hervi's alignment. I'll go with the flow and vote Hervi today, but I hope we will get a chance to take out Bergulf soon too.

Vote. Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

Everything has been laid out, I've said my piece and so have many others.

vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

So, I'm in the mythical land of "Chicago" for the weekend so this is likely to be my last post. Spending time with my family is a little more important that spending hours composing posts that are going to be met with distrust anyway. I understand why you guys are voting for me, no hard feelings, and I hope my death uncovers everything the Town needs to win this. The fun left this for me today, anyway, so I prefer not to continue.

I will vote: Snotra (Scubacarrot) as I have a sneaking suspicion she is the serial killer.

It's all reverse psychology but I've seen her employ this tactic before. She's "joked" twice about being the serial killer, threw a childish fit like she did as a Townie in a previous game, tried to blackmail me to get the identities of important power roles and had more than a bit of ire for Chief Mursi. With a vendetta against me and convinced Mursi and I were Scum, it would make sense for Snotra to target Mursi. So, take that as you will. That's my hunch, nothing more, nothing less. Catch you all on the flipz side. :tongue:

So, I'm in the mythical land of "Chicago" for the weekend so this is likely to be my last post. Spending time with my family is a little more important that spending hours composing posts that are going to be met with distrust anyway. I understand why you guys are voting for me, no hard feelings, and I hope my death uncovers everything the Town needs to win this. The fun left this for me today, anyway, so I prefer not to continue.

I actually thought it was important to get the sequence of events surrounding your decision to vote for Gerrid yesterday clear, yet you decide not to comment on that. I've stated the reasons for my suspicions repeatedly and quite a few people seem to share the same thoughts. I kind of understand your decision to call it a day (have fun in the mythical lands), but I also hope you truly understand that we'll likely learn the most from lynching you today.

I don't think it's any surprise that I will vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley), just as I did yesterday and for the same reasons and more that I've already outlined.

There's a lot I could respond to, but I won't Hervi. At the very least you're leaking information faster than a broken sieve and you're a liability any way you look at it.

I actually thought it was important to get the sequence of events surrounding your decision to vote for Gerrid yesterday clear, yet you decide not to comment on that. I've stated the reasons for my suspicions repeatedly and quite a few people seem to share the same thoughts. I kind of understand your decision to call it a day (have fun in the mythical lands), but I also hope you truly understand that we'll likely learn the most from lynching you today.

I can't figure out what you're missing from the "sequence". I had a talk with Dragmall where we compared what we knew and talked about this issue surround a "joke" made by another player who had already been killed (although while said player was still alive). I unvoted him to avoid any more votes coming for him. At that point, it didn't necessarily take me off the chopping block and I had no guarantee he would unvote me. I still could've been lynched but I didn't feel Dragmall was what I had thought he was so I unvoted. People do tend to follow my votes in these things and I didn't want to be responsible for someone who could be a loyal Einherjar and if the original accuser unvoted, I figured the others would as well. At that point there was no better candidate, in my eyes, than the one that (fhomess) had already voted for. Gofraid and Mursi were also suspicious of her, so I voted along with the people I was conversing with. We did decide as a group that we would vote for Gerrid. That's the sequence of events.

I did already say that I understand my lynch will reveal the most, so I hope the Einherjar learn enough to win this. No hard feelings.

At the very least you're leaking information faster than a broken sieve and you're a liability any way you look at it.

Who am I leaking information to?

There's just too many holes in Hervi's case for me to not vote for him, so... vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

No matter what the outcome of his lynch is, I think we will have a much clearer start tomorrow.

I've been reading through the discussions today and I believe this is the most sound option available. At any rate, I doubt that Snotra is a serial killer, however we have seen evidence of a serial killer existing.

I can't figure out what you're missing from the "sequence".

I was wondering why there was a delay between you unvoting Dragmall and voting for Gerrid. Finn had already voted for Gerrid at the time. Besides, while you were asleep, I presented my suspicions against Bergulf, which you didn't even consider when placing your vote after your nap. So, you woke up to a situation where Bergulf and Gerrid had two votes against them each. If you're indeed a Servant of Loki, I can imagine you thought the best way to protect Bergulf was to sacrifice Gerrid, with the added bonus of establishing you as the towniest of town. Maybe you didn't expect Gofraid to vote for Gerrid while you were asleep and you were afraid to go against the opinion of one of your closest allies because you knew he was right?

We're getting quite a bit of information whether Hervi's scum or not - not to say I don't believe he is. Hopefully this'll untangle the mess of contacts and aliases and he's surrounded himself in. Vote: Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley).

I was wondering why there was a delay between you unvoting Dragmall and voting for Gerrid. Finn had already voted for Gerrid at the time. Besides, while you were asleep, I presented my suspicions against Bergulf, which you didn't even consider when placing your vote after your nap. So, you woke up to a situation where Bergulf and Gerrid had two votes against them each. If you're indeed a Servant of Loki, I can imagine you thought the best way to protect Bergulf was to sacrifice Gerrid, with the added bonus of establishing you as the towniest of town. Maybe you didn't expect Gofraid to vote for Gerrid while you were asleep and you were afraid to go against the opinion of one of your closest allies because you knew he was right?

Can't answer that. Several people out there know why I can't. I'll tell you some day.

As far as leaking, please don't anybody worry that I'm sharing any info entrusted to me with anybody else. I don't even like sieves. They make it very difficult to bring water to my piggies.

Carl is already starting to trip over all of the strings attached to Hervi. Having read over the conversations held here on this day, things do seem a tad... odd.

Whether or not Hervi is scum, a vote such as this will certainly help us to clear the air around here and make things much easier to comprehend.

6 hours, 10 votes.

You have your bandwagon, and your lynch.

The dice are rolled.

Idonot need to add my vote.

( have some spaces fortat last sentence. )