Sign in to follow this  
General Magma

[MOC] The Insectoid General

Hello everybody, and welcome to this thread showcasing my latest creation...

For a long time, on and on, I've been thinking of creating my own Sci-Fi/space theme within the LEGO realm,

mostly featuring elements that I thought up myself, along with things that were inspired by other Sci-Fi/space related works such as video games.

This would also include elements from official LEGO themes - think of SP3 or Blacktron when it comes to that, but especially Space Marines.

Now, I've finally decided to create the first thing related to that. I can't say it's related to the old Insectoids theme in any way,

this guy's just part of an Insectoid alien army that will end up being one of the main adversaries of the intergalactic Space Army and other kinds of peacekeepers.

This theme can't go without a story, however, which is something I've yet to start on. Let's hope the upcoming (though rumored) Insectoid figures will be of use to me...

But enough said, let's move onto the real reason you're here, the MOC:

The Insectoid General

8097914426_645fc5ea22.jpg

And an alternate version of the picture with the MOC on its own without the surrounding pics:

31c3f12774c0a8429949a86ee081406f.png?1350511990

"Deep beneath the surface of planet Ivargath V, in an underground facility, an Insectoid hive is being created for one single purpose...

to build up the largest Insectoid army the galaxy has ever gazed upon, consisting of one of the deadliest Insectoid species known to have lived,

and to lay waste to all who dare oppose them. The intergalactic Space Army is about to face their most dangerous adversary yet..."

Follow this link to view a larger image, or simply click the first picture - it gives you a much better look at the Insectoid General.

http://www.flickr.co...N02/8097914426/

Edited by General Magma

Nice, and I like the weapon.

Thanks!

I decided to give this general ("this" general assuming that there will be others too...) two weapons: the gun you see up-close in this,

and an Insectoid staff (top left corner) which is still a preliminary design. Hopefully I can find a way to create the standard Insectoid infantry soon for a battle scene.

I like the use of the Ninjago blades as wings and his head looks very insectish :thumbup:

Thanks - though as far as I know they're not NinjaGO blades,

these are from the Uruk-hai Army and Helm's Deep sets.

Very interesting... I'm a sucker for well built little builds!

The "wings" are really nice piece usage, I really like the feel it gives.

Normally I would complain about the black background making it hard to see the fig - but it adds a very sinister feel to it :sweet:

Thanks guys!

An army of these? Well, a few more generals perhaps,

but if the official (upcoming) Insectoids won't fit in with this kind of species, I'm gonna have to create smaller versions of these.

Now that's where an army would come in...