Masked Builder

LEGO Design Team – Open Call For Theme Ideas!

I'm definitely going to give this a go... I've kind of had a general idea of a theme for a while, and now I can see about floating it past the LEGO designers. If I do get picked, I hope I get the chance to meet Kim T and Mark Stafford (and maybe get them to sign my Earth Defense HQ box)...

Where do I send these ideas in?

Hi

just have a look in the first post. There is the email of the well known KimT (former moderator? of this board).

Dino

Hi

just have a look in the first post. There is the email of the well known KimT (former moderator? of this board).

Dino

He was a Mod until he was hired by LEGO. :wink:

Is the open brief still on?? yesterday morning i sent an e-mail to KimT and hasn't given me back the format so i can submit my idea...and he's like 8 hours or so ahead from my current time =(

Is the open brief still on?? yesterday morning i sent an e-mail to KimT and hasn't given me back the format so i can submit my idea...and he's like 8 hours or so ahead from my current time =(

It's still on. I think you can be anywhere on the planet and still have at least four days left to submit your contributions. =)

It's still on. I think you can be anywhere on the planet and still have at least four days left to submit your contributions. =)

I emailed a week ago or so and I have heard nothing.

I'd imagined that they won't be replying until after the deadline.

did he send you the application format or did you just followed the instructions shown as an example at the beginning of this topic?? because if the second is the case, i am sending my entry like right now..!

I received all the materials and officially submitted my idea maybe a week ago, maybe a little less than a week ago...

Edited by SirNagek

There is an application form? Why doesn't the 'leaflet' say anything about that? I was going to wait until the last minute to submit my ideas.

A few other things - does it have to have illustrations, or can it be a text-only suggestion? And do I have to send an e-mail asking for the application to fill in?

I emailed and received nothing whatsoever back.

could some moderator try to contact KimT?? don't want to be annoying but i really want to submit my idea :cry_sad:

There is an application form? Why doesn't the 'leaflet' say anything about that? I was going to wait until the last minute to submit my ideas.

A few other things - does it have to have illustrations, or can it be a text-only suggestion? And do I have to send an e-mail asking for the application to fill in?

No illustrations required. There are a few blanks to fill in on the template and the release form to sign, but that's all. And yes, you have to send an email asking for the materials.

Edited by SirNagek

Hmmm....I didn't receive any forms.....but I'd already submitted my idea.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next with all the submissions. Hopefully a perfect melding of the best facets of them.

Cheers,

LLL

If you sent an idea without the filled release form and the template, I'm afraid it will most probably be automatically rejected:

gallery_148_37_148549.jpg

Well, I hope that's not the case.

That would be annoying, as I asked for the forms...then waited two weeks. When I'd heard nothing, I sent the idea as I'd put a bit of thought into it and didn't want to sit on it until the expiry passed :sceptic:

Anyone else in the same boat?

LLL

Edited by Luke_likes_Lego

Hello everyone,

I have started a discussion in the action forum to share the idea I have submitted to LEGO together with my friend Pixel Fox - check it out here.

We would love to have some feedback from the community on the feasibility of the theme... I'm afraid some people may have missed my post as the action forum is kinda flooded with contest related discussions lately!