Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

[MOC] Dwarves' Mine

Hey guys

I know, this build is pretty old, but I still wanted to share it with you. I built it in february 2012, so it's one of my first bigger castle MOCs.

Enjoy :wink:

6877524734_2ba4a5b078.jpg

6877531890_c3d28b79ea.jpg

And the last picture... I would like to get your feedback to the trans clear steam. What do you think about it? Good or not good?

6877540686_a16bc86cd5.jpg

For more pics go to my Mocpage: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/311973

Thanks for looking :sweet:

Soli Deo Gloria

Very cool! I like how the cabin looks like it was made of brick/stone with a wood frame. It gives a very nice appearance. There are tons of little details too that really add to the feel of this MOC!

As for the smoke, I don't think it looks bad, but how would it look with some light and dark gray pieces strategically placed in it?

Edited by Deathleech

I always like seeing dwarven MOCs :sweet:

The cabin is excellent especially the rock sections and the mine itself is superb :thumbup:

Personally I think the trans clear steam works pretty well, though Deathleech's suggestion would be worth trying :thumbup:

This is good, I really like your chimney and the smoke effect. I hope there's beer store for after work!

Maybe the lighting was too strong on your smoke? Maybe have darken the photo?

Anyway, your log cabin is good. It may be old but its better when its older! Or something like that! Well done.

Nice work! The stone work on the chimney is beautiful.

I quite like the steam effect as it is. My only suggestion would be to have some white or maybe light grey at the base of the steam, towards the centre, so that the steam looks denser nearer to the top of the chimney.

Beautiful MOC, 'specially the woodwork and stonework. :thumbup: I love the steam effect, though I do agree that mixing it with some other colours could improve it even more.

Thanks guys for the feedback for the steam :thumbup: , I'll try it out :wink:

That's a very nice MOC man! I agree with others- Wood and stone looks great, but my favorite must be the roof.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

This MOC looks good. I really like how you captured the wooden look of the cabin and the rocks look as rocks should. :laugh: As for the steam, I think it looks good but as others said, maybe adding some colour would be good as steam isn't just clear..

Your MOC is really cool. I especially like how you did the chimney and gave the roof this viking style look, which I somehow associate to dwarves. Must be related to beards.

What I don't really like is the brown ground in the foreground. The tiles look somewhat to organized. Having them placed more random with some studs inbetween might loosen it up a bit.

great MOC! Perhaps you can try to use white, light grey and dark grey elements to get a more dynamic cloud of smoke. Keep us updated in your experiments! Thanks for sharing.

Looks great, the steam works well (although, if they exist, dark-trans might have been better), and I love the chimney and the side of the house! :thumbup:

That's a very nice MOC man! I agree with others- Wood and stone looks great, but my favorite must be the roof.

Thank you! I also like the roof quite much, but it needs a long building time, since the dark brown slopes are only aviable in 1x2 :look:

This MOC looks good. I really like how you captured the wooden look of the cabin and the rocks look as rocks should. :laugh: As for the steam, I think it looks good but as others said, maybe adding some colour would be good as steam isn't just clear..

Thank you Ferrik :sweet:

Your MOC is really cool. I especially like how you did the chimney and gave the roof this viking style look, which I somehow associate to dwarves. Must be related to beards.

What I don't really like is the brown ground in the foreground. The tiles look somewhat to organized. Having them placed more random with some studs inbetween might loosen it up a bit.

I'm also not sure about it... it looks more like the dwarves put wood plates on the ground, but I'd also prefer something natural. Some variety with the tiles (some longer ones, some shorter ones) could also work...

great MOC! Perhaps you can try to use white, light grey and dark grey elements to get a more dynamic cloud of smoke. Keep us updated in your experiments! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you :classic:

Looks great, the steam works well (although, if they exist, dark-trans might have been better), and I love the chimney and the side of the house! :thumbup:

Yeah, dark trans would be quite cool (I only have 3 cheese slopes in this colour :hmpf_bad: ). Thank you :wink:

Yeah, dark trans would be quite cool (I only have 3 cheese slopes in this colour :hmpf_bad: ). Thank you :wink:

That's about what I have too. . . (actually, I have a few 2x1 bricks, but they really aren't that useful. . . ). You're welcome! :wink:

I'm also not sure about it... it looks more like the dwarves put wood plates on the ground, but I'd also prefer something natural. Some variety with the tiles (some longer ones, some shorter ones) could also work...

That's exactly what I mean. But already in this state, it makes a fantastic display.

Very neat, the rocks look very craggy and natural, and the stonework on the hut is also great. For the smoke, maybe use some gray bricks as the core surrounded by the trans-clear bricks? I havent tried it out, so I dont know whether it looks good, just a wild suggestion.

And the small dead tree is a gem!

Very neat, the rocks look very craggy and natural, and the stonework on the hut is also great. For the smoke, maybe use some gray bricks as the core surrounded by the trans-clear bricks? I havent tried it out, so I dont know whether it looks good, just a wild suggestion.

And the small dead tree is a gem!

Thanks man :wink: I definately will try to expand this smoke technic, it seems to have a lot of potential :classic:

Very nice, my only picking would be to make the walls slightyl bigger as they look small compared to the roof height. Aoter than that personal taste pick it looks great. love the caverns.

Poor dwarves didn't think about placing a house above the area their mining out too, hope it doesnt cave in :laugh:

Very nice, my only picking would be to make the walls slightyl bigger as they look small compared to the roof height. Aoter than that personal taste pick it looks great. love the caverns.

Poor dwarves didn't think about placing a house above the area their mining out too, hope it doesnt cave in :laugh:

I also wanted to make it bigger, but I run out of modified bricks with a stud on the side, which I need to add the tiles on the wall...

Nice job! I really like everything about this especially the stone/wood combo and the natural rock technique.