eliminator

Discontinuation Speculation

if anyone cares, there's only 179 ENs left on Amazon.com. Seems that they're selling about 100 per day, so if you haven't picked one up yet, this might be your last chance before having to resort to BL and eBay.

update, it seems they're selling about 1 per minute, Amazon is going to be sold out very soon.....

Edited by eliminator

if anyone cares, there's only 188 ENs left on Amazon.com. Seems that they're selling about 100 per day, so if you haven't picked one up yet, this might be your last chance before having to resort to BL and eBay.

update, it seems there selling about 1 per minute, so they're all going to be sold out very soon.....

make that 186 now.....I had to buy 2 since they were $10 off and going fast.

make that 186 now.....I had to buy 2 since they were $10 off and going fast.

yea, 177 now. Dropping like flies. Wonder if they automatically go on sale even more when stock drops below 100 units....

yea, 177 now. Dropping like flies. Wonder if they automatically go on sale even more when stock drops below 100 units....

157 now.....at this rate they will be gone in 4 hours (or less)

Edited by iluvmyelement

69 and falling fast.....

After Amazon sells out, I think Target will be the last national retailer with the the set in stock, but not for long.

Edited by MojoLego

21 left on Amazon.....

Sure wish I had an extra $1,889.79 sitting around to buy them all up right now....unfortunately I still want to get another Maersk, Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and Pet Shop....and I just can't seem to find room in the budget....

Edited by iluvmyelement

21 left on Amazon.....

Sure wish I had an extra $1,889.79 sitting around to buy them all up right now....unfortunately I still want to get another Maersk, Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and Pet Shop....and I just can't seem to find room in the budget....

15 this was a surprisingly extremely fast sellout I admit I panicked and got another one :grin:

15 this was a surprisingly extremely fast sellout I admit I panicked and got another one :grin:

Don't tempt me....I'm still regretting not buying 5 or more Cafe Corners when I had the chance.

Update: I panicked too.....just couldn't help but get one more. The part out value alone right now is $240 - and the prices will only go up.

3 left...going...going....

Edited by iluvmyelement

Don't tempt me....I'm still regretting not buying 5 or more Cafe Corners when I had the chance.

Update: I panicked too.....just couldn't help but get one more. The part out value alone right now is $240 - and the prices will only go up.

3 left...going...going....

GONE! (the site says there are 4 left but you can't put them in your cart)

Edited by iluvmyelement

GONE! (the site says there are 4 left but you can't put them in your cart)

yeah officially gone now, Target is the last major retailer left in stock now.

I was temped to pick up another EN, but decided against it. Every time I buy a set for investment/trade, I just keep it for myself. :wacko:

I was temped to pick up another EN, but decided against it. Every time I buy a set for investment/trade, I just keep it for myself. :wacko:

How many did you have for yourself?

How many did you have for yourself?

Just 1....and it's motorized, I'm more focused on the Maersk train and getting stuff for my layout at the moment.

I went wayyyy over my lego budget this year and the holiday deal season still isnt over yet.

Edited by eliminator

Just 1....and it's motorized, I'm more focused on the Maersk train and getting stuff for my layout at the moment.

I went wayyyy over my lego budget this year and the holiday deal season still isnt over yet.

I haven't started the modular house collections....when they first came out I went for the Eiffel Tower and hobby train...then I didn't buy any Lego till now...

Just bought quite some trains back.... a death star...but don't know what will be the next step :blush:

So, I'm in the UK and now own about 30 odd of the EN. Any thoughts on what a sold out EN is worth now?

Once completely sold out - $120-$140 for the next couple months. Then prices should hit $150 within 3-6 mo. Who knows after that.

So, I'm in the UK and now own about 30 odd of the EN. Any thoughts on what a sold out EN is worth now?

Exactly what it was worth yesterday. There are about 1,000 people out there that stocked up on ENs, so you aren't alone, and with lots of independent retailers still with stock, there's no reason for the price to go up overnight.

*sigh* ...and people like that are exactly what ruin everything, which is why we can't have nice things.

Now the only people who end up with these beautiful trains are those who actively seek them out and can afford the profiteering, usually grown adults, and not the poor kid browsing the Lego website or wandering around the Lego stores. Such a shame.

eBay was ruined for me in much the same way - anything goes for cheap it gets bought and re-listed by the buyer, sometimes before they've even received it yet. Stops actual buyers for ever being able to get something cheap, and just makes me sad.

Everyone's just out to make a quick buck. :(

Everyone's just out to make a quick buck. :(

It's pretty self-defeating though. There are so many MISB ENs out there that right now the resale value is probably substantially less than what it was actually on sale for at the end (because the people who really wanted one bought at least one in the sales too). It's probably going to take a lot longer for the value to appreciate to a level that actually makes more profit than just putting money in a good savings account.

I think to really make money on EOL'd Lego it really needs to be either very old, very obscure or have some particular collectors commodity about it (such as the individually numbered trains). Throwing money at the sets everyone is expecting to become collectors items is probably not the best way to get a big return, because too many others will just do the same thing.

It looks like the Emerald Night is finally out of stock at all the national (U.S.) retailers. Third-party sales at Amazon continue and the price is up to $150.

Craigslist is the only place that I'm finding deals on old sets.

Edited by MojoLego

Anyone know about the Level Crossing? I see it has been out of stock for a while now on the LEGO website and I have tried a few local retailers who I know have had them in but they have all sold out. I spoke to one today who said that they have not had any in on the last couple of orders although they have been trying to get them.