eliminator

Discontinuation Speculation

How do you see that there's only 35 left on Amazon? I just tried to add 50 to my cart and it seemed to work.....

You're post is freaking me out that there's only 35 left?

I guess I'm just as confused as you or something. Look here below in stock, it says 35 new from $89.99. I must have misrepresented what is actually available. My mistake default_blush.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

The "35 new from..." means 35 different resellers on Amazon are listing the Emerald Night, including Amazon themselves.

As of 6PM EST tonight there are 889 remaining through Amazon directly.

They've sold ~65 in the last 18 hours... I've been monitoring. :laugh: I'm hopeful Amazon will knock a few more dollars off like they have been doing with other sets, then I'll buy a few.

To Check Amazon Stock:

Add one to your cart... then change the quantity to 999. It will then refresh with the exact number they have left.

If it stays at 999, that means they have more than 999.

FYI - 10219 Maersk Train is still 1000+ at Amazon.

They've sold ~65 in the last 18 hours... I've been monitoring. :laugh: I'm hopeful Amazon will knock a few more dollars off like they have been doing with other sets, then I'll buy a few.

If that current rate holds then the stock remaining will last for approximately 246 hours or 10 days. :laugh:

If that current rate holds then the stock remaining will last for approximately 246 hours or 10 days. :laugh:

Haha - I will probably stop waiting around at around ~250. I don't think they'll change the price... they have no reason to at the current selling rate. Doesn't hurt to hold out a couple days though just in case something automated kicks in.

Yea, I'm also going to hold off and see if they do a last minute price drop. Current stock is 888, so we're not in the danger zone yet. :sceptic

Yea, I'm also going to hold off and see if they do a last minute price drop. Current stock is 888, so we're not in the danger zone yet. :sceptic

true, plus all the other sets across the world in all the stores and on the aftermarket will take awhile to officially sell out but this is the beginning of the end for the Emerald Night.

I wonder what Train model is next possibly? The Maersk Train has overlapped with the Emerald Night for approximately 8 months.

They've sold ~65 in the last 18 hours...

To Check Amazon Stock:

Add one to your cart... then change the quantity to 999. It will then refresh with the exact number they have left.

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like they are really moving them default_classic.gif

Wil the yellow cargo train 7939 discontinue by jan. 2012, now that the new red 3677 cargo train is on the market.

7939 is on discount in my neigborhood. So I'm considdering wether to buy now or wait til the summer sale.

Wil the yellow cargo train 7939 discontinue by jan. 2012, now that the new red 3677 cargo train is on the market.

We have a topic to discuss the possible discontinuation of available trains. Your topic has been merged.

To Check Amazon Stock:

I think Amazon may have gotten wise to the technique. I'm unable to place more than 100 items in my cart now.

We have a topic to discuss the possible discontinuation of available trains. Your topic has been merged.

Thanks! I'm just learning my ways around.

Anyone with thoughts on my question?

7939 is on discount in my neigborhood. So I'm considdering wether to buy now or wait til the summer sale.

I had a look at the book my local toy store gets with all the LEGO products in it the other day for the start of 2012. The Yellow Cargo train was still in it, although the red one still was not? Which surprised me as I wanted to order one. (They do a thing where you can put one aside and pay a bit each week/month until you have enough as opposed to the website which does not.)

Hard to say for sure, but I'm thinking that the Red Cargo Train is a Toys R Us & Lego limited edition exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised if TRU requested the Red Cargo Train as it has a more recognizable loco style (diesel) than the one in the Yellow Cargo Train set (electric).

Just a guess....

Well, it is available in quite some Dutch speciality stores and in the German LEGO stores. We don't have any TRU's anymore, they went bankrupt and are now ToysXL stores.

Well, it is available in quite some Dutch speciality stores and in the German LEGO stores. We don't have any TRU's anymore, they went bankrupt and are now ToysXL stores.

Interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Lego does. Does anyone else find it strange that they released a second starter cargo train (Red) one year after the release of the yellow one?

Does anyone else find it strange that they released a second starter cargo train (Red) one year after the release of the yellow one?

No, it's smart. They got my money for both :tongue: The red one is different enough to the yellow one to make it compelling, and it doesn't come with too much extra stuff I don't want.

If Maersk train is around for a while longer, I'll buy two...it's a natural for doubling up. So far I've bought none :P

Edited by andythenorth

If Maersk train is around for a while longer, I'll buy two...it's a natural for doubling up. So far I've bought none :P

Yea, I got mine on the TRU BYGO 50% off, then bought some loose container cars off of ebay. Tempted to buy some more....

Just over 500 of the Emerald Night left on Amazon.

Wow, are these selling fast!!!

Locutis

hmm, wondering if they'll go on a last kick sale to clear out the remaining stock.

440 left on Amazon.com

Are we keeping score?

Well now it seems that also in Europe the EN is now sold out at LEGO Shop@home.

I was also wondering about the 7597 Western Train Chase and 4841 Hogwarts Express. At the US site they seem to be sold out as well, but not in Europe...yet.

That would mean we would go from 7 to 4, 3... trains? There better be something good on the way.