eliminator

Discontinuation Speculation

I went up on Lego site to order an Emerald Night # 10194 and found it listed as sold out @ $74.98.

Is the end for this lovely train? I was going to purchase a 2nd one for my grandson.

Any comments?

Macoco says he called LEGO Customer Service, which does claim that this is the discontinuation of 10194, 10195, and 10210. Customer Service may just be giving out a worst case scenario answer based on lack of knowledge of TLG's future plans (see their claims regarding the shut-down of Design by Me and LEGO Digital Designer in the LDD forum), but it wouldn't surprise me if this is true, as all three sets have been out for a while, now, and it isn't unprecedented for a large, popular set to go out with a big discount at a sale. (10179's swan song was a 25% sale at a May the 4th Be With You sale)

When will 7938 be discontinued? My guess is Summer 2012 but I am not sure.

Planning to buy it in the holidays to fit my current 7937.

Or my second guess at mid-2013 befor a new one comes out in 2014 if we follow the Trains release frequency

2006=7895,7896,7897,7898

2007=Few minor releases [Train station, 2 more sets.]

2008=

2009=

2010=7936,7937,7938,7939

2011=[Minor release=3677]

Edited by President of Brick Town

I went up on Lego site to order an Emerald Night # 10194 and found it listed as sold out @ $74.98.

Is the end for this lovely train? I was going to purchase a 2nd one for my grandson.

Any comments?

i went to the lego store today and purchased it. i had been looking at it for about 18 months and i had a feeling that it wouldn't be around much longer. for some reason as well today i got both october and novembers christmas sets becase my order was over £50 and i got a box which i can fill up with any bricks for free after the 26th of december. just had a quick look and its available on the website now in the uk and usa.

i went to the lego store today and purchased it. i had been looking at it for about 18 months and i had a feeling that it wouldn't be around much longer. for some reason as well today i got both october and novembers christmas sets becase my order was over £50 and i got a box which i can fill up with any bricks for free after the 26th of december. just had a quick look and its available on the website now in the uk and usa.

yea, the Emerald has been out for a while....2009? I only picked mine up in October since I was getting the feeling that the end was near for the set. Amazon seems to still have them if theres anyone out there who needs one. On a side note, I did manage to get an Imperial Flag Ship at 35% off plus the free holiday set 2/2. It's sold out now too.

Contrary to what some people think, I don't this the Red Cargo train is replacing the Yellow Cargo train. The Red one seems to be a TRU/Lego Store limited edition exclusive.

For someone such as myself just finally getting into trains, it's a great time IMO. Three starter sets plus the Maersk and Emerald makes for lots of choices and possibilities.

Edited by eliminator

Contrary to what some people think, I don't this the Red Cargo train is replacing the Yellow Cargo train. The Red one seems to be a TRU/Lego Store limited edition exclusive.

For someone such as myself just finally getting into trains, it's a great time IMO. Three starter sets plus the Maersk and Emerald makes for lots of choices and possibilities.

plus the station, level crossing and various track. Strong comeback for trains indeed.

plus the station, level crossing and various track. Strong comeback for trains indeed.

yup, got those too. In the last month or so I've picked up the crossing, station, 2 Maersk trains, yellow cargo, passenger and emerald night.....should be good for a while :laugh:

Another train discontinuation question... :sceptic: I've merged with the Discontinuation Speculation topic.

EDIT: general rule; if you find it on LEGO SAH's sale page, it's on its way out.

Also Peurifoy, as this is your first post on Ebay and Train Tech, I would recommend you introduce yourself in the Train Tech registry (for train fans) or in the community forum and get acquainted with our forum. Many topics can be found by doing a search or two.

It also seems that Emerald Night was been sold out in S@H-USA... and that people are being told it is now discontinued (by Lego Customer Service). It still is listed in Europe... but I dont know for how much longer.

The LEGO store near me is out of the yellow cargo train, and I don't think they'll be getting more.

I would love to score 1 or 2 of these on Boxing Day :)

I would love to score 1 or 2 of these on Boxing Day :)

Yea, it's a great set. Has a decent amount of track, 2 switches, a cargo crane, truck, containers, and decent rolling stock. For me, the only thing apealing of the Red Cargo Train set is the actual loco. The rest of the set is too <insert that tiresome argument> for my liking. I think I'll just pick the red loco up on ebay/Bricklink....

The LEGO store near me is out of the yellow cargo train, and I don't think they'll be getting more.

Well, I was wrong. It turns out they are getting more in soon.

seems to me that Generations Thrust and Drift are not getting restocked anymore. anyone else see anything else not hitting the shelves anymore. Some people said that Cybertron Bumblebee and Prime are no longer hitting the shelves but ive seen a few still.

Huh?

seems to me that Generations Thrust and Drift are not getting restocked anymore. anyone else see anything else not hitting the shelves anymore. Some people said that Cybertron Bumblebee and Prime are no longer hitting the shelves but ive seen a few still.

Could you please explain this post Lucius?

It's a troll.

Or somebody that forgot what forum they were on... Bumblebee and Prime are transformers right??

On topic, I'm sad to see these sets go, and I wish I had gotten them on sale!!

Maersk train now $99 on Amazon! Beginning of the end?

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B004QWZ5M6

nah probably just a holiday sale and not clearance. It hasn't even been a year yet. I think once it approaches after a year or so then that is when also when TLG officially marks it clearance or sold out.

Maersk train now $99 on Amazon! Beginning of the end?

D*mn it! I had three in my cart, waiting for my check to clear and now they are back at retail $119... Why Amazon, why? default_hmpfbad.gif

So, what's the consensus on the EN? There's another website reporting that Amazon has less than 1000 left (I dont know how to check Amazon stock)

Would it be worth it to pick up 2-3 EN sets for the passenger cars, and then sell the engine and tenders in the future? Current price on Amazon is $90, but if they do a last push sale (say $75), I think it might be a worth doing.....

:sadnew:

So, what's the consensus on the EN? There's another website reporting that Amazon has less than 1000 left (I dont know how to check Amazon stock)

Would it be worth it to pick up 2-3 EN sets for the passenger cars, and then sell the engine and tenders in the future? Current price on Amazon is $90, but if they do a last push sale (say $75), I think it might be a worth doing.....

I would say it would be worth it. I just ordered one from Amazon, not for resale but, there were only 35 available. I would get them while you can default_classic.gif

Edit: We'll, I panicked, took your idea and ordered two more. I don't think they will dip much lower than $89.99 default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud