Skrytsson

MOC: Turning Torso (25 000 parts!)

I was given a commission this spring to recreate Sweden's highest building in LEGO.

The result: a 190 cm high model of Turning Torso consisting of 25 000 parts!

The whole creation was first built in LDD - and then IRL.

The shapes and characteristics were very difficult to recreate - for example the rotation and the five-edge-shape. It took a lot of time before the final concept was completed...

The creation will be located to Tekniska Museet in Stockholm from this saturday (20th Oct) and a few weeks forward. Hope you will go there to take a look at it! :wink:

8091653372_38f2d23a74_z.jpg

8091663511_d5c8da2260_z.jpg

8091651236_0dea8ffd94_z.jpg

8091671284_dd1c942202_z.jpg

8091669350_86285e6ccc_z.jpg

8091661395_4e850acf26_z.jpg

8091660127_571fd7f55d_z.jpg

8091659189_e4ff6fa945_z.jpg

8091657537_cd5f05dc3f_z.jpg

8091662798_9d970551aa_z.jpg

8091654899_c11d156648_z.jpg

8091659754_c6ac7b2e6a_z.jpg

8091658252_579681d8d7_z.jpg

8091656444_95e75bb09f_z.jpg

8091648427_d5ee2aef20_z.jpg

8091682429_fe9a50dc97_z.jpg

WIP-images:

:P

8091681655_a3b5c4d78e_z.jpg

8091687608_910711192b_z.jpg

Edited by Skrytsson

Hi

that is really cool, and it looks very complicated to design and construct. Three of the five sides are looking bent to the outside. Is that similar to the real building (i guess so)?

Most skyscraper MOCs are typical in the special themes forum. For my taste it is a little bit out of scale to be here.

Althought that might be for you not as difficult as the building itself, i really like the treedesign too.

Dino

WOW, this building is just magnificent!.

The lights really give this MOC a nice touch.

It's amazing that you managed to build such a tall tower. The light effects look amazing I have to say and the way you made the tower twist around is great. I really like how you designed this whole tower. :thumbup:

Wow this is great. I see the tower everytime we get to Sweden. It's a shame that I can't afford to come to Stockholm just to see your MOC. :D

Great work!

Fantastic work! I've seen the building few years ago in Malmo, and it looks amazing. You did a great job with it, and the lightning emphasizes the build perfectly. :thumbup:

wow that is amazing! I love the designs of the the trees. Those small details along with the bench and light is very impressive.

Awe inspiring/Jaw dropping. Words cannot describe the awesomeness. I don't think I've ever seen something of that nature built in LEGO brick. Shows how versatile they really are. Great job on the angle and structure.

If I lived closer, I would totally check it out.

Wow *huh* *huh* *huh* fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

The light are perfect :wink:

Beautiful skyscraper Skrytsson! I've always wandered how some of these buildings are built with a twist. I think this looks even better in the dark, lit up! Great job :classic:

Really an incredable tower, awesome job and I love the way it lights up! :thumbup: Great work!

That is awesome! All those curved edges and the twist to the tower is amazing. Love the tree aswell. So much awesome!

Architecture MOC! What else could be better than this... I kneel in front of you. It can seem strange but I'm not sure what I like the most between your trees or the tower. It is really outstading, all I got to say its I hope you will had great comments from visitors!

Another awesome realisation after your old bridge and tramway project!

Wow, absolutely brilliant - both the tower itself, the techniques applied to achieve the twisting, and the landscaping on ground level. I've been interested in architecture for years, but sadly I haven't been able to see the Turning Torso up close. Your rendition of it is fantastic nevertheless, you have my applause :)

Fantastic achievement!

I especially like the trees at ground level, but the whole construction is excellent!

Congratz for being hired to do this for money! ;-)

Really amazing, so beautifully built and finished.

And I love the lighting in it, perfect.

Wow! Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I just discovered Eurobricks, and the first building I thought about making a model of was the Turning Torso. Of course my first Google brought me right back here, but this is better than I could have dreamed of. I particularly love the glass lobby. Great job!