Sign in to follow this  
The Dutch Guy

MOD Yellow Flower Shop

Hello Again.

This is the next modular Building i would like to introduce to you. Completely unskilled in the art of MOC and Modular Building is started to Copy other MOC's. I searched the Internet and found serveral buildings i liked. Over the years i had bought a lot of models, town, trains, castle and space. I begun the make good use of these bricks, but did not had the new colors. I had a lot of white, black, light grey, yellow and blue. I found a yellow and white house, that was very pleasing to the eye and begun learning the skills needed to build a building like this. I actualy begun building three one shortly after the other, The brown cafe, elladora's sweat shop and the flower shop. Elladora's sweet shop will be the last (for now) building is would like to introduce to you.

opbouw_bricksterdam_300.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_307.jpg

It was fun to be building these models. I begun using my own ideas by changing little things. This building and Elladora's sweet shop were the models i changed less. The interior however i did change in this model. The interior of the original, i believe is was made by Marcos Bessa, was a Green Grocer. I already had the original Green Grocer and wanted an other shop in my tow. I had a lot of flower stems and so the desicion was easely made, i would make a flower shop.

opbouw_bricksterdam_312.jpg

I put minifigs on the pavement and created my own interior.

opbouw_bricksterdam_313.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_314.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_316.jpgopbouw_bricksterdam_318.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_320.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_321.jpg

In the back of the shop there is a Green House.

opbouw_bricksterdam_322.jpg

And a Shed

opbouw_bricksterdam_323.jpg

The second floor is a apartment

opbouw_bricksterdam_324.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_325.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_326.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_328.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_329.jpg

The last floor is a small attic and a patio.

opbouw_bricksterdam_331.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_332.jpg

opbouw_bricksterdam_334.jpg

It was fun recreating this building from floor to floor. I made the significant change in the top floor. There was a part there, a clock, i could not find anywhere, so i placed an extra window, with worked very well. I liked making the little changes and was pleased with the result. I hope the original builder of this model, a real artist in my opinion, likes to see his creation being made by an other builder. It realy brightens up my town.

opbouw_bricksterdam_407.jpg

Neat shop, very brightly colored! Suites a flower shop well. I really like the look of the angled front and the awning and the detailed interior. Great modular :classic:

Now that's colourful 'TDG', it looks totally like a flowershop from a distance.....also excellent furniture up stairs....especially the table/coffee table tops ! :thumbup:

Keep them coming 'TDG' and Brick On ! :classic:

I love the roof balcony/patio area. I like the idea of using yellow in a MOC. You don't see it too often and it works quite well with the white. I think maybe adding in another color may help offset the brightness. I like using some red with the windows, but maybe some other window/door frame colors would offset the grouping of white. I really appreciate the awning variation/color usage. I think that really breaks it up while adding something to the MOC.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see more.

Very good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I rellay like the second floor and the flower shop :wink: :wink:

Great job, the idea of a flower shop was excellent and I like the green/lime green tileing :thumbup: