Philo

LDraw models of new PF motors

I have been asked several times to create LDraw models of the new PF motors, they are now available as unofficial parts. Don't forget to download all subparts and compositing elements!

PF parts newly created also include the AAA battery box and V2 PF IR-receiver.

99499.png99498.png64228.png58123p01.png

Edited by Philo

Hi Philo,

Just saw this tread today. I'm almost done with my recent MOC, and therefore I do need the PF servo motor in Ldraw. So, THANKS a lot for designing this one!

But - if you allow me - I did use the battery box 8887 (with speed control) in the MOC as well. Do you have plans to design this one as well in Ldraw ?

If not, then I have to use the cover of the 64228.........

Hi Philo,

Just saw this tread today. I'm almost done with my recent MOC, and therefore I do need the PF servo motor in Ldraw. So, THANKS a lot for designing this one!

But - if you allow me - I did use the battery box 8887 (with speed control) in the MOC as well. Do you have plans to design this one as well in Ldraw ?

If not, then I have to use the cover of the 64228.........

That battery box is already available as LDraw part (I don't know if it is already offically accepted though), but I found it in my SR3D Library:

84599.png?dl=1

You can download it here :classic:

I can't wait to see what MOC is coming! :thumbup::grin:

That battery box is already available as LDraw part (I don't know if it is already offically accepted though), but I found it in my SR3D Library:

You can download it here :classic:

I can't wait to see what MOC is coming! :thumbup::grin:

TOP ! Must have missed it while searching the Ldraw directories. Now just for the last part in Ldraw: the Minifig Head Alien Squidman with Tongue and Black Eyes, Black Lines Pattern (Part 85947px3).

Regarding the MOC: Just a description: Pacton stenentrailer met Kennis kraan (Truck with trailer with moving crane, search on brands Pacton Floor C-line and Kennis Cranes). Expected H2-2013, BI's Q3-2013 maybe.... there are still 24hrs in a day, I do need more :laugh:

Now just for the last part in Ldraw: the Minifig Head Alien Squidman with Tongue and Black Eyes, Black Lines Pattern (Part 85947px3).

I just uploaded the blank head on Parts Tracker (http://www.ldraw.org...parts/85957.dat)

85957.png

If someone posts a top view photo of the head (or a 600dpi scan) I'll consider doing the pattern...

Hi Philo

Your work on the servo motor seems to have disappeared from the ldraw repository. Do you still have it? Thanks a lot in advance.

The servo and L motors are now official! If you don't have them, then you missed the latest LDraw update... You may get the latest update here. If you then still miss something, I suggest you reinstall complete.zip.

No, LDD only uses parts and decorations available in its internal assets.lif file.

This file is "close" and generated by the LDD Team for each brickset's release.

Besides LDD and LDraw uses a different kind of geometry system to describe bricks and their interactions, so it would be necessary a conversion.

@N0sferatu

The problem is that it isn't possible to add bricks to LDD without hacking the software.

The problem was discussed in the past and LDD Team changed some thing in LDD from then on. You can find a reference in the Section Rules, forth rule.

Ah, thanks a lot @Calabar. As a newbie to Technic modeling I am quite starry eyed at the moment.

Does anyone know a good alternative to LDD on the Mac? I picked up Bricksmith however that doesn't seem as full featured.

I have read that SR3D Builder creates a similar environment, however is only on the PC.

Thanks again for the guidance.

sorry guys does anyone know how to update the parts list?

because i've tried both the "update parts list" in File and downloading the parts list from the site...but i guess im doing something wrong because new parts don't appear in the menu on the left....im looking for the tow truck wheels :\

can someone help me? thanks

Once you have downloaded the 'manual download' from the Ldraw site,you can then follow these steps on how to add new parts to Mlcad.

1)Open the downloaded parts folder and the Ldraw installation folder (c/program files/Ldraw) in two different windows.

2)In both windows you will see two folders named 'parts' and 'p'.

If you open both of these folders once more,you will then see another two folders called 's' and '48'.

3)Next copy and replace the contents of each matching folder from the download to the matching folder on your computer,remember to replace the two sub folder's matching parts as well.

4)Finally if you open Mlcad and from the top left menu select 'scan parts',it should then tell you that it found new parts.

All done. :sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan