lorax

Two mosaics - loose brick and light box and dolls house

(Repost: thanks Bonaparte) I have had a bit of a quiet time with building lately. I am halfway through a dollhouse but kind of hit a mental building block, so started sorting Lego instead. After we had sorted some containers of colours, I had a sudden urge to make a picture with them... and so made an obvious choice.

Here is our loose brick Lego mosaic (it is about 1m x 80cm)

8059145606_f6dd91fe20.jpg

Instead of breaking my building block and allowing me to continue my dollhouse, I decided to play with the idea of a mosaic using trans and light.

So here is our spider/halloween mosaic

8061858618_135a853ed0.jpg

I have since built more of the dolls house, so building these seems to have cleared some of the building cobwebs of my mind.

Thanks for looking.

Added:

I have since finished the façade of the dolls house

8078693383_bc0f07c450.jpg

The loose brick mosaic is very good. Looks like a big bucket of parts got poured onto the floor and happened to fall perfectly to create the logo.

I replied on the old post, but might as well here too. :classic:

I love the loose-brick mosaic. :wub: It's not an MOC - it's art. And the light-up spider is fantastic too...I'm a big fan of anything and everything with lights, power functions, or moving parts. :laugh:

The spider mosaic is superb, with the back lighting. It kind reminds me some 8 bits games such as space invaders! And the dimension and overall of the loose-brick mosaic are impressive. I also really like the windows of the house. Well done.

The mosaic is brilliant! Now, if only it wanted to stay like that on the wall and not just on the floor :wink:

I'm really interested in your dollhouse, it looks beautiful, I'd love to see more (did I miss it somewhere in the forum?)

Great job, the logo looks amazing (and the spider looks great too!), I can't imagine the amount of patience it would take to do that! (On second thought, having been busy sticking pieces together without attaching them (to form a curve), maybe I can imagine. . .) :laugh:

The mosaic is brilliant. Very impressive. Looks great with loose bricks. Thanks for the picture.

The dollhouse looks great too. I'm sure the interior will be beautiful to complement.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I was surprised with how the Lego mosaic turned out.

I have been distracted from building the dolls house with another build I am doing at the moment.

The LEGO mosaic looks identical to the real one and the spider's light up effect is neat :thumbup:

The windows in the doll house look great as well :classic: