Lacara

Yellow Castle & related

Here is my collection of yellow castle lego.

Ever since i was a kid i always wanted the 1970's castle lego. about 5 years ago i purchased a bulk lot off Ebay that had most of the hard to find pieces for the 375 kit. So i decided to rebuild it like new, i used all new bricks where i could, reprinted all the stickers .

Since i finished the 375 kit i found some cheap 383 & 677 kits, lucky both were like brand new.

After completing the set i started with the 6000 ideas book. and after i finished i still had a few yellow bricks left so i made one of the alternate castles on the 375 box.

DSC_0149%20(Custom).JPG

DSC_0150%20(Custom).JPG

DSC_0156%20(Custom).JPG

DSC_0136%20(Custom).JPG

DSC_0141%20(Custom).JPG

DSC_0137%20(Custom).JPG

DSC_0153%20(Custom).JPG

Memories! The yellow castle is the set that lead me to a life of Legoness. Good to see someone else remembers this set!

Some fantastic images there. I was never really a huge fan of the Lego castle (it never seemed to be the appropriate colour for a castle!) but set alongside the wonderful drawbridge and the jousting scene really brings it alive. A classic castle collection to be proud of.

As others have said the memories, still love this castle, and really jealious you can make the variations. I'm really tempted to remake it with newer bricks and spice it up with stables, black smith etc built into the walls.

Do you know where I can find the instructions for alternate versions of yellow castle ?

The alternate versions have been reverse engineered from pictures in Lego Ideas book 6000 from 1980, pg75 onwards. The peeron link below will take you to scans of the book.

http://www.peeron.com/scans/6000-1/75

Edited by The_Cook

I just used the pictures in the 6000 book and the back of the 375 box, i know they are not exactly the same but for my childhood memories it is perfect.

The 6000 book gives most angles of the castles but the 375 castles is just a guess

While it looks great... for me LEGO is all about Black Knight's Castle... that was the best castle of old days imo.

While it looks great... for me LEGO is all about Black Knight's Castle... that was the best castle of old days imo.

Each have their own personal favourites, usually tied to their childhood. My heart lies with the original grey castles from 1984. It's not whether one castle is better than another, it's about the emotions that they remind you of.

Whilst 375 Yellow Castle may not be my favourite I can appreciate the effort that Lacara has put into creating it and re-creating the alternate models. The whole ensemble looks really good, especially the service buildings like the stables and the viewing tent for the jousts. From those models you can see how they evolved into the modular sets of the grey castles such as 6067 Guarded Inn, 6041 Armour Shop and 6060 Knight's Challenge; a lineage that carries on through to 10223 Kingdoms Joust.

Very nice collection, very "retro" style :) I love it.

Though I would never MOC like that, I love more modern style, but that's very good that different people have different interests.