Before the song of the bards was ever sung, there was a war.

Royal King Richard of the Lions had become desperate. His father, King Leo, was killed simultaneously with their enemy, Cedric the Falcon (once of the Bull) The King of Cedrica. Now a King, he had to find a way to better the war effort. When it was brought to his attention that there were five magical gems that could enbed into a sword and give it lightning properties, he set off to find them all.

The most common was a blue gem. So common that it was simply dubbed "The Blue Sword Gem." Richard had never gotten around to name it before he passed.

The lesser common were a red gem and a green gem.

The red gem could home upon the heat of a man's body. Being that it was a hot-headed knight who discovered this, the gem was named after him. It was dubbed the Caltar Sword Gem.

The green gem was unique. It uniformly divided and conquered it's target, much like how the King's elite guard would do to protect. By their group name, the gem was dubbed the Reynar Sword Gem.

Even less common was the orange gem. Once mined from the earth, the gem lightning was fired on collapsing stone, hoping to burst the rock to dust. However, the rock was frozen, suspended in the air with nothing holding it up. This gem was named after Richard's wife who passed just after their son, Orlan, was born, simply because she would freeze the King in his tracks with her sheer beauty. Thus it was dubbed the Dalios Sword Gem.

The rarest of them all, the purple gem, led to near tragedy. Orlan ran into Richard's throne room just at the time the king fired the lightning from his sword. The lighting dispersed into separate random groupings and homed in on the poor boy. He survived, but to warn his knights of the devastation this gem can cause, he dubbed it the Orlan Sword Gem.

Unbeknownst to the King, there was a sixth gem. A boulder was hurled at a pile of sword gems to crush them during a fight with the Black Falcons for a massive Gem mine. Days after the battle, after the stone was removed, fivesomes of the gems were slowly merging together, forming a sixth yellow gem. It was discovered later that if one were to simply set the five stones near each other, they would merge without difficulty. When the Gem was imbedded into the sword, all of the five forms of lightning could be fired from it. On the day of the final battle between King Richard and The Black Monarch, the son of Cedric; the sword fired a beacon of yellow lightning toward the Monarch. He, along with all vegetation and creatures within a focused mile's distance was enveloped in the beam of pure lightning. This gem was unstoppable, when fired upon the most evil, much like how Richard thought of his Kingdom. Thus the gem was dubbed the Denitor Sword Gem, after the Lion Kingdom itself.

During the tests to forge Denitor Gems, it was discovered that when certain gems merged, they would bloom like a seed. These Flowers signified the location of seams of the Gems, but low, in the days of Historica, these gems are long forgotten, so the blooms are just a sight of unsurpassed beauty that withstand the moving of mountains, as a flower that cannot be picked.

The first bloom ever discovered in Historica lies just inside the small forest at Burrium, Avalonia's center.

goh_003.jpg

goh_006.jpg

goh_009.jpg

goh_008.jpg

And thus is the story of the sword gems.

Thanks for reading.

C&C welcome.

Edited by Penkid11

I got to admit it is really beautiful and it made me feel good. Really, those colors and curves are great! Well done.

This is quite mesmerising, not only because of the beautiful flower you have created, but also the great story that goes with it.

I imagine this would have taken a lot of patience to build.

I got to admit it is really beautiful and it made me feel good. Really, those colors and curves are great! Well done.

The curves were the hardest part. Glad to get complemented on the time it took.

This is quite mesmerising, not only because of the beautiful flower you have created, but also the great story that goes with it.

I imagine this would have taken a lot of patience to build.

2 hours on the petals alone. About another hour for everything else. It also didn't really help that I didn't have a lot of the pieces I wanted. Originally it was not going to be build with trans-plates, but if the PAB is stocked...

Beautiful flower and the base sets if off very well :thumbup:

Thanks. Can't say I have a lot of vegetation left though...

As before, this is really beutiful, all the tras-elements really work well. :thumbup: I need some more clear!

this looks great! I really can appreciate the work that goes into all those rounds and small plates.

looking forward to the story progressing

Wow! This looks great! So much patience to stack all those pieces togheter! Well done!

Very beautiful flower :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the use of the transparent bricks to recreate this flower :wub: :wub:

Angeli's flowers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivanangeli/6942487399/in/set-72157626518669897/

Siercon and Coral's flowers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legocy/6807845786/in/set-72157630846954680

My original flower, which the above two were copied from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eilonwy77/6931901641/in/set-72157629786980830

And there are some links, as requested. ;-)