Leo604

American Football

This Lions-Eagles game is a spectacle! We're calling it the Blizzard Bowl around the house.

Exactly what I was thinking myself. First snow game I've seen.

Snow all around... And the playoff picture is a mess. Packers cling on with a win over Atlanta, Eagles over Lions, and Baltimore looks for a playoff spot by beating the Vikings. San Francisco beats Seattle to steal away a clinched home field advantage... And then Carolina takes on New Orleans. Interesting stuff...!

What a weekend of football! The Pats make another improbable comeback, snow everywhere, and my Michigan State Spartans are going to the Rose Bowl!!

I think my heart stopped several times during the Patriots game. Amazingly they received an onside kick for the first time since 1995. But Gronk's injured, and it's a suspected ACL, let's hope it's not.

Lol! Blizzard Bowl?! You guys need to watch some proper Canadian Football! :wink:

As crazy a game as that was, it was still only around the freezing mark temp-wise... Green Bay looked a bit harsher as it was really cold out there, but it's nothing like watching the Grey Cup being played in -40(with windchill) on turf so cold it's basically ice! (or some of the Stamps or Eskimos games, where it's snowing 10cm+ before Hallowe'en.)

I wish we'd get more of the crazy weather games!

I think my heart stopped several times during the Patriots game. Amazingly they received an onside kick for the first time since 1995. But Gronk's injured, and it's a suspected ACL, let's hope it's not.

Bad news; both his ACL and MCl were torn: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10108168/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-tears-acl-mcl-knee.

Don't know if this is right but I read somewhere on Twitter he could be out anywhere from 8 months to a whole year. So chances are the Patriots won't win it this year, and they might get a similar repeat of sub-par receivers last year if Amendola hurts himself again too. I don't know how the NFL is going to rectify this problem, they've more or less put protective fines over every part of the human body.

I don't know how the NFL is going to rectify this problem, they've more or less put protective fines over every part of the human body.

Even though I'm sad about it, I hope they don't do, if anything, very little. I know the game isn't the safest, but making it "safer" is also making it more boring. I do have sympathy for Gronk and other leg injury victims but if we keep adding fines and suspensions for "bad" hits, there will be only one "okay" way to hit. I don't mean to argue with blow to the heads, I am all there, but he had already torn his ACL, so it wasn't all the hitters fault. And more punishments does not equal safer games, players will still hit there, purposeful or not. Look at the blow to the head issue, we still see blow to the heads today.

Even though I'm sad about it, I hope they don't do, if anything, very little. I know the game isn't the safest, but making it "safer" is also making it more boring. I do have sympathy for Gronk and other leg injury victims but if we keep adding fines and suspensions for "bad" hits, there will be only one "okay" way to hit. I don't mean to argue with blow to the heads, I am all there, but he had already torn his ACL, so it wasn't all the hitters fault. And more punishments does not equal safer games, players will still hit there, purposeful or not. Look at the blow to the head issue, we still see blow to the heads today.

I know it sounds insensitive to say I don't want more protection, but I agree. I know money doesn't make up for it, but with the salaries where they are, there is some conciliation. Additionally, everyone playing football knows what they're getting into. The game is being limited, especially on the D-line. Really, the QB is often the one causing injuries with these seam passes.

Lol! Blizzard Bowl?! You guys need to watch some proper Canadian Football! :wink:

I would love to see some Canadian football! Unfortunately, I'm just too far South in the States to get any games on TV or for it to be relevant at all, really. :sceptic:

I would love to see some Canadian football! Unfortunately, I'm just too far South in the States to get any games on TV or for it to be relevant at all, really. :sceptic:

CFL is alright; think of it as very pass-oriented like the NCAA except with slightly more defense so there aren't ridiculous Baylor-high scores.

As for tonight's game, the Cowboys defense is absolutely horrendous. I think Philly has the best chance of winning the East now.

If you have cable, NBC sports carries a lot of the games all the way through the playoffs. Their season is over, but I think that NBC will air them again next season.

Sorry about the double post but, Denver on thursday night :excited:, which mean my patriots have a chance to get first seed if we beat Miami, Buffalo, and of course in a week we get the Ravens :wall:, I don't know if we can beat them, so I hope denver loses another one.

Sorry about the double post but, Denver on thursday night :excited:, which mean my patriots have a chance to get first seed if we beat Miami, Buffalo, and of course in a week we get the Ravens :wall:, I don't know if we can beat them, so I hope denver loses another one.

If both NE and Denver got 11-3 won't the Patriots get the first seed anyways cause of of beating them 2 weeks ago?

Jameis Winston won the Heisman trophy. I think he deserved it.

If both NE and Denver got 11-3 won't the Patriots get the first seed anyways cause of of beating them 2 weeks ago?

Yeah I think so.

And the Packers pull off an amazing comeback for the close win... again! Matt Flynn is on fire, but I'm still hoping Rodgers will be back in time for the game against Chicago.

Check this out.

:wall: This is how I feel about the Miami Patriots game :wall: but the stealers game was exiting to watch, as was the Seattle Giants game, I love seeing the giants loose.

The Pats clinch a playoff spot with a Baltimore loss tonight and are still in the driver's seat for the 2 seed. As much as I'd love to see the 1 seed, I'm happy with a bye and at least one home playoff game.

The Pats clinch a playoff spot with a Baltimore loss tonight and are still in the driver's seat for the 2 seed. As much as I'd love to see the 1 seed, I'm happy with a bye and at least one home playoff game.

Really? I'd do everything possible to get the 1st seed just so Peyton would have to play in the cold again come the conference championship.

EDIT: And, with Baltimore winning tonight this means the Bengals are no longer safe at the top of the division.

Hmm. :/

Edited by Leo Crimson

Just got back from my first ever NFL Game - Chiefs vs Colts. Bitterly cold, some bum refereeing decisions, and the home team misfiring, but what an experience! Loud, raucous, fun. I'll be back next season.

Well that was an amazing game, the Pats won 41-7 against the ravens! It was close, until the Pats drove down the field and made the game 27-7, and then the defense scored 14 points in the last few minuets a pick 6 and a fumble 6. (is that a thing) And to finish it of the Eagles win 54-11 and Foles becomes my second favorite quarterback.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Well that was an amazing game, the Pats won 41-7 against the ravens! It was close, until the Pats drove down the field and made the game 27-7, and then the defense scored 14 points in the last few minuets a pick 6 and a fumble 6. (is that a thing) And to finish it of the Eagles win 54-11 and Foles becomes my second favorite quarterback.

I beg to differ, that game wasn't close at all considering how badly Baltimore was playing. :P

But that's good now, since Cincinnati are AFC North champs, which I think puts them in the 3 seed for now.

Yep, my Bengals are safe now. Really would like them to catch New England for that 2 seed but it seems unlikely looking at the matchups. I just don't like the looks of the wildcard options for the Bengals, being KC, SD, or possibly a 3rd mathup vs. the Ravens or (heaven forbid) the Steelers.

As I told you in a previous thread, I signed up for 48 NFL fantasy teams on yahoo. My plan was not to change anything on the rosters (they were all auto drafted by the yahoo computer) and not look at them until the fantasy season was over. Well, here are the results.

2 championships

One second place

Three third places

One fourth place

Three fifth places

Three sixth places

Seven seventh places

Eleven eight places

Five ninth places

Twelve last places

I've played fantasy football for what seems like forever. Wanted to see what would happen if I took a season off.

Edited by Off the wall

From the fifth seed I managed to beat the number one team in the league to win my championship. Pretty happy with my performance, got some great players from the draft..