Calabar

[Recurrent Questions] Find a piece/brick in LDD (Ask here for help)

Did you try to use the search box?
If you know a set that uses that part, you can easily get the Element ID from the bricklist of the set.
Maybe you are looking for Design ID's 2736 and 14704? (taken from the bricklist accessible here).

In the first page of this topic you can find many hints that could help you to find parts in LDD.

Edited by Calabar

They are in Modified Plates (10th icon).

22890 (I’m not sure it’s used here) is only available in LDD Extended mode (View / New Themes / LDD Extended).

Edited by SylvainLS

"3680",  "3679" or "Turn Plate" do work in extended mode. Found nothing in standard mode...

They have been removed from standard LDD when they were split in two full parts (way easier to build the Taj Mahal ;)).  Before, they were an assembly (like hips+legs or hinges).

The last updates have seen the removal of colour information for some pieces, the results being these pieces aren’t available in standard LDD anymore, only in Extended, or in very few colours.

On 8.6.2018 at 4:00 PM, jamesn said:

OK; thank you for your responses. I'll make sure to work in Extended Mode now.

Hello. I'm just curious: Why didn't you do that until now? So much more possibilities in Extended Mode... :wub:

Hello, new moderator!

I like to make my projects using bricks in existing colourways and it's generally worked so far... I know that Standard Mode doesn't offer all bricks as they exist, but I feel that Extended Mode offers too much freedom in that regard, particularly because I am not sufficiently au fait with TLG's constantly changing menu of pieces to know what I can and cannot use.

But if Standard Mode is missing fundamental pieces like turntables, it's a no-brainer. :wink:

Edited by jamesn
word choice

19 minutes ago, jamesn said:

I know that Standard Mode doesn't offer all bricks as they exist

It also offers bricks as they don’t exist.

Nonetheless, I found Standard Mode’s way of presenting colours as a choice in a subdialog way better than Extended’s (so many clicks to choose or change colours). It’s a pity LEGO didn’t add the new parts to Standard.

21 hours ago, jamesn said:

I like to make my projects using bricks in existing colourways and it's generally worked so far... I know that Standard Mode doesn't offer all bricks as they exist, but I feel that Extended Mode offers too much freedom in that regard, particularly because I am not sufficiently au fait with TLG's constantly changing menu of pieces to know what I can and cannot use.

Thanks for the welcome! :blush:
The freedom of Extended Mode can be frustrating from time to time and I completely agree with SylvainLS:

21 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Nonetheless, I found Standard Mode’s way of presenting colours as a choice in a subdialog way better than Extended’s (so many clicks to choose or change colours).

LDD could be so much better, of course. Yet no hope for substantial changes any more. Did you ever physically built the MOCs you have planned in LDD?
I once planned building my local hospital in LDD but stopped when I realized I had to built too many walls. I wasn't able to handle that in LDD. :blush:

20 hours ago, jamesn said:

It is a shame, isn't it. We just have to make do with what we have.

That's one lesson for life in general! :grin:

11 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

Did you ever physically built the MOCs you have planned in LDD?

Yes, and then corrected them when some joints were too loose or some parts eventually didn’t fit :grin:

I was wondering if anybody can help me identify the element number for this head. I know LDD gives design numbers, but that's not very helpful when looking for specific prints. Thanks.

George_Washington.png

Are you looking for the piece in LDD or looking for it to purchase it? If your looking for it in LDD it should be in the 1st column and the 6th row down when you use the design tool.

Hope that helps you out!

1 hour ago, fatsomania said:

I was wondering if anybody can help me identify the element number for this head. I know LDD gives design numbers, but that's not very helpful when looking for specific prints. Thanks.

George_Washington.png

Possibly https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626bpb0699#T=C ?

3626bpb0699.t1.png

Only available in yellow though. Via rebrickable, the LEGO id looks to be design number 10015 and (for the piece in yellow) via LEGO's Bricks and pieces, an element number of 6000284.

David

If you need the flesh colour, maybe you could appreciate this (not exactly cheap) alternative: click!

PS: I moved your request inside the proper topic.

Edited by Calabar