Calabar

[Recurrent Questions] Find a piece/brick in LDD (Ask here for help)

In this topic you can ask help if you don't find a piece in LDD.

You can also ask here about any doubt regarding part IDs, duplicate parts and the use of a specific part present in LDD.

Before asking, try the hints listed below.

• Ensure that the Extended Mode is active
    The extended mode allow access to all the bricks included in LDD in each colour.
    To activate Extended Mode go to: Menu -> View -> Theme -> Extended Mode . . . [Image]
  • Use the Search Field
    The search field is the textfield above the Bricks Palette. . . . [Image]
    Enter there the ID of the brick you are looking for, or any plausible word that could identify the brick you are looking for.
    Note that the IDs and the descriptions in LDD are the official LEGO ones, and could differ from those you can find consulting other sources such as Bricklink, Peeron, etc...
  • Check the work of other users
    As last resource, check the index of the Official LEGO Sets made in LDD topic looking for the sets that uses the part you need.
    If you find it you can select it and read its Design ID in the bottom bar, then easily find it using the LDD integrated search function.

Other Useful Tools

• LDD Part Finder (beta)
    Could be you can find useful this little software developed by the user DrFalken.
    You can find more informations here.
  • Bricklink and LDD Manager
    If you know a set that uses the brick you are looking for, you can:
    - Obtain the part ID from Bricklink
    - Use the "Brick Finder" function in LDD Manager to convert the Bricklink ID to the LEGO Element ID
    Otherwise you can use LDD manager function "Search for attributes".

Old related topics:

Edited by Calabar

Element ID and Design ID

LEGO uses specific IDs to distinguish their bricks.

• Design ID: 4-5 digit code that identifies a specific Brick, independently from its Material or its Colour.
  • Element ID: 6-7 digit code that identifies a specific Brick in a specific Material or Colour.

Other IDs

Other databases on the web, such as Peeron or Bricklink, uses their own ID system to catalogue LEGO bricks.

Often their ID match with LEGO Design ID, but in some cases IDs are very different.

That usually happens with special bricks or variations of previous released bricks.

Some notes:

• Peroon IDs: the IDs that start with "x" don't match with LEGO IDs.
  • Bricklilnk IDs: the application LDD manager maps a complete conversion among LEGO IDs and Bricklink IDs.

Hi all, I'm a new LDD person here. lol where was this 20 years ago.. that said I have a hicup here in trying my hands on creating a helicopter I find a canopy #45406 but not the compaion hinge piece? HELP! What a great sight.

Welcome to Eurobricks RVFR! :classic: We have a dedicated LDD forum so I am moving your question there.

I'll move these posts inside the proper topic, as soon as RVFR will read this answer (to avoid he lost it).

EDIT: I took a look at LDD.

LDD provide the complete assembly (both windscreen and canopy) and call it "45406" (Bricklink ID is 45406c01 instead), f you are in the extended mode, you can use the bucket tool to make the glass transparent.

About the hinge, you can use any compatible one, for example the hinge 44567.

What!? there's a LDD topic line? Newbies I tell ya.. Hmm didn't see that My bad, thanks, LOL now where is it?

Awe ha, found it. Thanks. which now has me asking a another ? As I seem to be in a diffent mode in LDD. The extend version is not highligted as to be able to use this fuction. maybe this is the reason all my bricks are the same color, which again has me going WT? I need a control pannel thats painted as such, but mine are all red (frustrated in the learning curve) I can see this is going to be a fun place ;) On the matter of the companion hinge piece the ones (there's two) I believe should work like whats in the real world won't a closer loo shows my the tabs on the canopy are larger than what would be able to work on the hinge pieces I find. scratching head here, in the real world these work. any ideas on why this is or the correct piece would be great... now back to the drawing board.

Edited by RVFR

awe.. found the answers to some of my gliches, what a learning curve, love it! All thouigh I'm still not finding the hinge piece for the canopy say's it's actully a cockpit 6x4x3 #45406 Grrr. still?

All though I'm still not finding the hinge piece for the canopy say's it's actually a cockpit 6x4x3 #45406 Grrr. still?

Did you read my post above? I suggested you to use the part 44567, but it is not the only one suitable (there are other hinges using the same connector).

In the first posts of this topic, you can find some useful hints to help you to find the parts you need.

Take a look to that.

PS: please pay more attention to typos: for a not native English could be a pain to understand which the right word is. :yoda:

@ RVFR: Yes, when you open LDD Extended Mode, type the part number for that hinge plate (44567) into the blank Search box that appears in the top-left corner of the screen (just to the right of the tiny "LEGO Digital Designer Extended" label). Press Enter, click on the picture of the modified plate you then see, and the 44567 "Plate 1x2 w/Stub/Vertical" piece will appear. You can research the desired part in Bricklink, then type that part number into LDD's Search box to find things quickly. Note that the LDD part descriptions often do not match the Bricklink descriptions, but the Part Numbers are compatible.

First, I'd like to aploigize for my english grammer, even though it is my lanagage, I take it for granted (via forum chat edicut ) I'll do better ;) lets hope.

Back on topic THANKS! guys, I found it. What is intersting is I had looked at that part, but had it in my mind what I was looking for. and it didn't fit the mold. Again thank you for your input and asistants, what a great site. :) Love this program, it is going to be a lot of fun, all though it does have a large learning curve.

I did figure out the LDD extened vs. standard, I didn't notice it was how it loads from the main screen, (oh brother) I was working in the extented version all a long, :)

Oh, while I'm here, hope it's ok to ask vs looking it up... I do have another situation, seems as though My Helicopter now is off the grid, like it is hovering, any thoughts to why that might be? As far as I know I did not move it up, but me being new I might have done a move that brought it up like this. Hmm, how do I attch my LDD work here to be seen?

@ RVFR: Before you "Reply" to this topic, you should press the "More Reply Options" at the bottom-right corner of the "Reply" window. You will then see a way to "Attach Files" at the lower-left corner of the screen. "Browse" to your LDD .lxf file, and then "Attach This File". Everyone on Eurobricks gets a total allotment of only 150kB of "Attachments", but LDD .lxf files are usually smaller than 150kB. Once you post your file, people on this forum may be able to determine why your LDD helicopter is "hovering". :classic:

Attachment function of the forum is good to fast share files temporarily.

If you want to permanently share your files, you should use an esternal file hosting services.

The most used there to share LEGO images and .lxf files is brickshelf. You have to create a free account before using it, and once upload you files, you can directly link that here in the forum (direct link images and files, and not galleries, because galleries are moderated and it may take time before become accessible).

You guys are Great Thanks. I did grab the whole model and brought it down, then leveled it off, but you can still tell it's crocked.... Lousy landing I guess. Fingers cross you can see this. Sounds like then a trip to of to Brickshelf is in order. ..500H.lxf

Hello,

First of all, excuse me for opening a new topic for this little problem of mine, but I couldn't find a proper topic. :)

Hopefully you can help me, as I think my question can be answered easily by old-time users of LDD 4.3. (or older), but i'm quite new. I was just wondering if the below spiral staircase can be found (if so, where...) in LDD as I could not trace it so far (to my great surprise...).

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Lego-Minifig-Spiral-Staircase-Pink-Stair-Case-/00/$(KGrHqIOKk!E3vDn7pk2BN95P3tqmQ~~_35.JPG

Thank you very much in advance! :)

I replaced your question in the correct topic :classic:

I can't help you with the part, I'm not really a ldd person, more LDraw :wink:

I cannot seem to locate part 4319 (Hinge Bar 8L with 3 Fingers and Open End Stud) in LDD. I've searched for hinge parts and bar parts and cannot locate it. Is it simple not there?

thank you, I was not aware of this thread. I'll be certain to post further inquiries here.

I am making a building in LDD and the arches I used over the windows (92950) are not available in the color I am using (dark red). However a similiar part (3455) is aviolable, but it cannot fit the part (93273) beneath it to complete the form. Can someone suggest a method to fill in this space, or another building method to get the resutls I want. Here is an example of the probem I am encountering:

examp.png

@ dvsntt: So that I can visualize the problem, I've restated the situation below. The 92950 "Brick, Arch 1 x 6 Raised Arch" (below) does not come in Dark Red, but it DOES come in Red. Would you consider spray-painting the part?

92950.jpg

The 3455 "Brick, Arch 1 x 6" part DOES come in Dark Red, but you cannot fit the Dark Red 93273 "Slope, Curved 4 x 1 Double No Studs" part underneath of it:

3455.gif93273.jpg

Should you consider using the 62361 "Vehicle, Mudguard 1 1/2 x 6 x 1 with Arch" part? It does not come in Dark Red, but it does come in Red and could be spraypainted. It has an eyebrow effect over the window:

62361.jpg