I myself like the idea of one motor flagship. That means a lot of parts and interesting transmissions including gearbox. Sets like 9398 are tgood to play but snot o interesting to assemble.

monster truck is right my alley! i love technic, but i love the cars/trucks/off roaders a lot more.

was very disspointed by first batch announced :(. the only thing i would look forward was an F1 car, but even then i am not an F1 fan.

so any ideas when will be the second half released? mid summer? and what about the flagship?

Hopefully the monster truck isn't a small set. Hopefully it is a mid-tier set like the Helicopter last year.

Hopefully the monster truck isn't a small set. Hopefully it is a mid-tier set like the Helicopter last year.

Hopefully it's not the Technic Challenge winner......

Remember, the 8081 was a "Limited Edition" from 2010.

Edited by Kronos

Hopefully it's not the Technic Challenge winner......

Remember, the 8081 was a "Limited Edition" from 2010.

Didn't someone say that the 2nd half sets only contained one motor?

It would be interesting to see if we get some larger tires on the monster truck. One of the Technic designers did say we will see some new tires in 2013, and I hope this set includes them.

I myself like the idea of one motor flagship. That means a lot of parts and interesting transmissions including gearbox. Sets like 9398 are tgood to play but snot o interesting to assemble.

I agree.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Sets for second half

42005 - Monster Truck - Red car

42008 - Service Truck - Green motorized tow truck

42009 - Mobile crane MK II - mobile yellow motorized crane truck.probably very similar to 8421.

Who has written this text? Is that an Afol? I'm asking, because does "green" mean "Green" or "Lime"? Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually lime. So let's await that before we're getting too enthousiastic about "green Technic".

P.s.:Not fully motorized only one motor and BB in each set.
Each?

No non-motorized sets? :sad:

U want them stupid grey pneumatic wana bees instead of more realistic pneumatics :(

Let's not start another pnaumatics vs. linear actuator flame war... You're free to have an opinion, but linear actuators are not "stupid grey pneumatic wana bees", just as little as studless beams are "stupid studded-technic-brick wana bees". They're linear actuators.

I really didn't think we need an other flagship crane.

Of course we need another flagship crane. Cranes are cool. :grin: And if this thing has five axles, it might be even cooler. I hope the axle configuration is realistic and it has nice steering with a tight turning circle. Also I hope it has the right wheels (truck, not balloon). At least there will be a set again that has ten identical wheels. What was the most recent example of that? The fork lift transporter?

the legendary 8421 can hardly ever be beaten using only one L motor and actuators

Why not? The legendary 8421 had only one motor itself. Is that a bad set? By no means.

I totally agree, I can't believe there's only one motor in the flagship,are lego losing there touch :(

I guess I will never understand the idea that more motors = better. I have no idea where people got that. If you ask me, usually, more motors = worse (8043 is a notable exception), because more motors = less budget for cool techniques for a given price. A set like 8265 was so nice partly because it had no motors. Also there was only one motor in 8258, which I consider to be one of the best sets around.

Also I have plenty of motors in my collection already which I can hardly use all at a time. Although L motors are very welcome, at the moment I already own all M motors I could wish for.

Anyhow. Looking forward to all sets. Monster truck might be simple becuase it won't be very big and I think it'd be silly to expect Power Puller sized wheels - this set is probably in the $50 range. I'm expecting a size akin to 8858. Tow truck might be interesting, but mainly because of the color. After all, we've had 8285 and 9395. What's left to innovate? The crane will be great, if it has all mechanisms of 8421 (triple boom is a must) and a mechanism to rotate the superstructure. Will this be the crane to beat 8460?

Hmmm I don't want to be that guy, but don't we have enough tow truck things?

Dunno about crane too :(. We got the logging truck which will be prety much same.

Damn, I wish they would just post those pictures already! :)

Well said Erik Leppen. I agree with you on every word.

I also wanted to mention 8258 Crane Truck, which had only one motor, and what an ''epic'' set it was.

Just imagine, 42009 Mobile Crane with 5 functions (outriggers, boom rotation, boom up&down, extending boom, hook) powered by just one motor,

and on top of that, on Unimog tires ......... :drool::wub_drool::drool:

Edited by Povratnik

I have this information from lego seller,I didnt see photos so I can´t provided more complex informations.Only that this set is green.

And yes each sets have only one motor for functions.No RC sets here.

Edited by Ondra

42009 - Mobile crane MK II - mobile yellow motorized crane truck.probably very similar to 8421.

That ones got my hope no doubt!

Its gotta be pneumatic no mater what, with how much more realistic then LA's are, and being a flagship crane. Also just recall last months Blakbird's 5 minute (or was it 30 second!) 8421 answer on hydraulic realistic cranes that real booms are held with a lock link in the air.

So of course I want the 42009 with a new, larger pneumatic cylinder, but at this moment I ALSO want (need) more pneumatic cylinder BRACKETS!!! So can we need a boom that's huge enough for two new large pneumatics connected with the two cylinder brackets?!?. :classic:

That ones got my hope no doubt!

Its gotta be pneumatic no mater what, with how much more realistic then LA's are, and being a flagship crane.

Yes. Because that worked so well with 8421 :grin:

Anyhow, it's an interesting question whether to use pneumatics or LA. I think the LA's as we know them are just too short, and they can't easily be combined in-line. Pneumatic cylinders have a shorter range (3.5 studs vs. 5 for LAs) but at least they can be put "in series" like is done with 8460 and 8421. If this crane is like 8421 in size, and having five axles, this probably means the scale is a bit smaller and the vehicle is a bit longer. This would means it would need a longer boom to look good (the boom of 8421 is already on the short side). This means the lifting system should also be more robust. Two pneumatic cylinders placed in-line wouldn't cut it - they'd need at least three. Two LAs placed parallel (as in 8043) wouldn't work very well either - that would look kind of dumb.

I think this will either be pneumatic, or like this, or we will see a new part.

Just imagine, 42009 Mobile Crane with 5 functions (outriggers, boom rotation, boom up&down, extending boom, hook) powered by just one motor,

and on top of that, on Unimog tires ......... :drool::wub_drool::drool:

That would be amazing :cry_happy:

@ Eric u seem to think u know it all lol and yes actuators are dumb and not realistic.

Lets just wait for pics :)

You should not display the photo directly on the forum.

They are watermarked.

That crane looks fantastic! 5 axles and a 3 section boom...wooohoo! :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

The green tow truck is really nice as well, although I'm not sure I like the cab design. All those green parts are definitely welcome though!

This year is shaping up to be a great year for LEGO Technic!

A crane! Am I dreaming?

Having spent the last five months drooling at the 8421 and having it in my cart at Bricklink more times than I can remember, this is great news. How cool!

Here is the rough French-to-English translation of that SeTechnic topic (with links to those 2H2013 Lego Technic set pictures) -- http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.setechnic.com%2FForum%2Fpost119452.html%23p119452 . :classic:

Thanks.

Well, I checked the translation, and it is more or less ok.

The main problem (always the same) : when you read "management" (the translation of "direction"), you have to replace that word by "steering".