Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Ragnarok Now - Day 1 - Restored with inline quotes

PAGE 1

Day1Banner.png

It was late at night and the wind was howling. Having grown increasingly wary, Odin had tasked Erling the Unlucky and Lefsi Red-Shirt to keep watch outside the walls.

2.jpg

Amid the raging wind, Lefsi could hear voices in the distance. It sounded as if a meeting was taking place. Lefsi followed the voices, leaving his friend Erling to watch the gate...

3.jpg

Before poor Lefsi could catch a glimpse of the hooded conspirators, a figure crept up and stabbed him with a dagger.

4.jpg

"That was close," one of the figures whispered, "We can't afford to be detected. Let's just get in and take the boar."

5.jpg

"It's too risky to go back through the gate. Here, help me over this wall."

6.jpg

And so, the conspirators climbed over the wall...

7.jpg

Oblivious, Erling the Unlucky remained at his post.

8.jpg

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew a nearby torch over.

9.jpg

The torch landed on Erling's robes...

10.jpg

... and burned him to death.

11.jpg

Hearing suspicious noises in the hall, Holti and gang came out to investigate.

"Stick together, boys, and we'll be fine."

12.jpg

Bolobus the Robust found himself face to face with a conspirator.

15b.jpg

... But quickly found himself missing an arm and a leg.

"Not again!" he lamented, before collapsing to the floor, dead.

16b.jpg

Smior Dead-Man-Walking was made short work of too

17b.jpg

Holti, who had inexplicably made it up to the balcony, could only watch on in horror.

13b.jpg

But he was soon put out of his misery, as another cultist gave him a nudge over the railing.

21.jpg

KER-

22.jpg

-SPLAT!

23-1.jpg?t=1349415459

The conspirators then took the great boar...

25.jpg

... And ran off with it. They probably threw it in a pond somewhere. I don't know.

26.jpg

The sun came up, and the einherjar were welcomed to a horrible sight.

30.jpg

Three of their friends had been murdered in cold blood. All three of them were Loyal Einherjar.

31.jpg

Outside, more bodies were found.

32.jpg

Odin mounted his horse and turned to his lieutenant, Ragnar.

"I must depart. I fear Loki is behind these murders. I must see him. If I am correct, he has already recruited some of you to join his cause. I entrust you to handle the situation here in my absence. Just don't do anything hasty until I get back."

35.jpg

And with that, Odin was gone.

36.jpg

Ragnar walked through the banquet hall. He could already hear whispers of dissent among the tables as he passed. With the departure of Odin, the einherjar turned to Ragnar in this moment of uncertainty.

37.jpg

As Ragnar seated himself on Odin's throne, he was met with a barrage of questions.

"Where is Odin?"

"What do we do now?" someone asked.

"We can't sit around here and wait for the traitors to pick us off one by one!" another anguished.

"Won't someone think of the children?" another cried.

"Fear not, my fellow warriors," Ragnar reassured the crowd, "I know exactly what to do."

38.jpg

"Let's play some mafia."

39.jpg

Non-Playable Characters

1-1.jpg

Ragnar the Great

2-1.jpg

Harald

Living Players (25):

23.jpg

Bergulf (badboytje88)

12.jpg

Beorn Ale-Lover (Bob)

16.jpg

Dragmall (Dragonator)

1.jpg

Jormund (JimButcher)

2.jpg

Finn the Squinter (fhomess)

15.jpg

Chief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock)

13b.png

Stemid the Pale (Sandy)

14.jpg

Sveinn the Uninspired (Scouty)

3.jpg

Steinvoir Meat-Shield (Shadows)

21.jpg

Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

5.jpg

Gerrid (Captain Genaro)

26.jpg

Sigmund (Sisco)

11.jpg

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

25.jpg

Erik the Boneless (Etzel)

20.jpg

Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

18.jpg

Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

8.jpg

Wary the Black (Waterbrick Down)

22.jpg

Patrekr the Red (Palathadric)

9.jpg

Cranebeinn (Chromeknight)

17.jpg

Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang)

24.jpg

Dagrun (Darkdragon)

6.jpg

Rurik the Bastard (Rick)

13.jpg

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

10.jpg

Gofraid the Foog (Fugazi)

4.jpg

Carl Poem-Piece (Capt. Redblade)

The Dead (again):

1-2.jpg

Magnus (Masked Builder) - Einherjar - mod-killed, Day One

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Einherjar (Town) or the Servants of Loki. To win the game, the Einherjar must kill off all the Servants of Loki, while the Servants of Loki must outnumber the Einherjar. Neutral characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 72 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 48 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post on three separate occasions will result in a mod-kill.

9. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

What a horrible fate for our lost, fellow einherjar! It appears there are forces of evil among us, forces who would doom us all in this moment, the Ragnarök. It appears the great boar was taken. This must mean any wounds we inflict on each other cannot be healed. Nice, boring caution must be taken. I hope that us Einherjar will persist and the cycle of life will bring balance back among us soon.

Oh no! Not Erling the Unlucky, Lefsi Red-Shirt, Bolobus the Robust, Smior Dead-Man-Walking and Holti! :cry_sad: And why would they dishonor the protein by supposedly throwing it in a pond? :cry3: That boar was my friend. :cry_sad: His name was potatismos hjärnor and he had three babies at home. :cry_sad:

Damn these sickos! Oink! Oink! I oink at you bacrauts!

What?! There was a fight and I missed it? Now isn't that just perfect, one chance to forget all of my misery and pain and loose myself in a wonderful, lovely bloodbath, and I don't get to join! :cry_sad:

Stupid, treacherous...uhm... traitors! Acting in the dark with no honor, not giving us a real fight! And stealing our boar as well! That was the only thing apart from fighting that could ease my pains a bit and make me forget about my somewhat thin right arm.

Oh, ooops. Apparently his name was Sæhrímnir. But his friends and family called him potatismos hjärnor and he liked it. :cry_sad:

Alas! Our beloved friends! I didn't even know we could die here. I thought this was the afterlife. :cry_sad:

I count 4 cloaked figures. That's a 1:8 ratio. I'd bet a week's worth of mead they have a conversion up their sleeve.

I count 4 cloaked figures. That's a 1:8 ratio. I'd bet a week's worth of mead they have a conversion up their sleeve.

We must be careful because there are many forces of deceit among us now, we cannot trust what lays in front of our eyes. I do share your concern, however. It is likely that there are 4 or 5 servants of Loki among us, possibly one among us who is neither Einherjar nor of evil essence. Even with 5 servants, I wouldn't discount a conversion. So at most there may be 7 against us. Nineteen against seven. Hopefully we are smart in our actions to eliminate these servants of Loki.

Howl, howl, howl of tormented anguish! :cry_sad: Farewell, friends, the Maestro shall weep for you.

I'd bet a week's worth of mead they have a conversion up their sleeve.

Having familiarized himself with tomes of a nature similar to this, Carl agrees with his respected elder. If the 1:8 ratio is accurate (Carl doubts the exact numbers but thinks the estimate close), a conversion ability is certainly possible.

The wicked scum have turned their heads

And we can naught but count the dead.

We must find those killers of our friends

Before our time in Valhalla ends.

Even with 5 servants, I wouldn't discount a conversion. So at most there may be 7 against us. Nineteen against seven.

Wouldn't matter if it be 1000 to 1, we will be victorious! I will say that as one who has had experience with this particular Mafiamaster, I expect he will be merciful and provide clues to work with, but not in the things we see. Unless they're about one of those cur he isn't fond of, then the prophesies may come in 17s! Tis tradition!

So... where shall we begin?

By the way, who is the hottie on the right? I really admire the heft of her ... wings. :wub:

32.jpg

By Odin, not the boar! What a treacherous day this is for us, my manly fellows. We must avenge the slaughter of our meaty fellows and strike down the servants of the unholy one. More beer!

Wouldn't matter if it be 1000 to 1, we will be victorious! I will say that as one who has had experience with this particular Mafiamaster, I expect he will be merciful and provide clues to work with, but not in the things we see. Unless they're about one of those cur he isn't fond of, then the prophesies may come in 17s! Tis tradition!

So... where shall we begin?

1000 to 1? You are much inspired for this fight. I don't think I could be that bothered...

'Twas a joke you see? Ha. ha. ha. Funny. My silver axe and my silver helmet and my silver armor and my silver pants and my silver skivvies and my silver ring and my silver shoes and my silver socks will be painted red by the blood of these servants of evil.

Where do we begin, ask you? Well, begin in our musings, answer I.

Where do we begin, ask you? Well, begin in our musings, answer I.

Aye, fair enough. I shall be consulting with Tohstre, who has never led me astray amidst a sea of troubles. Speaking of which, Miss Hottie on the right, if you be likin' to stop by me chambers, we could both consult with Tohstre and see what pops up. :grin:

Aye, fair enough. I shall be consulting with Tohstre, who has never led me astray amidst a sea of troubles. Speaking of which, Miss Hottie on the right, if you be likin' to stop by me chambers, we could both consult with Tohstre and see what pops up. :grin:

Take not the name of thy Lord Tohstre in vain, thou heathen dog! :angry: Thou art lucky Odin's bunked off, else he'd surely have your head for such blasphemy! :tongue:

Well, I'll be damned. Where has Odin spirited off to now. And why, in his name, is Ragnar seated in his throne telling us to play this game. WIll this game help us to solve the murders of our brethren? I suppose it must, otherwise, I don't see why it would have been suggested. All of this is evil news, I tell you. I am certain that ol' Wary had a part in this business. Devilish black-blood!

Ha right, let's play mafia. Or is it måfiå? These sons of conspirators could have shut the door behind them when they buggered off with the boar, now the Hall is freezing cold again. :cry_sad: So what are we going to eat now that we're out of boar? Though it was getting on my stomach anyway. Have we got gravlax? :cry_happy:

Ragnar - Ragnarok, anyone see that. :hmpf_bad:

Oh well, ain't no cultists touching me or my man! I'll bash their faces right in with my rolling pin, know what I'm saying?

Five deaths? *huh* Why didn't anyone tell me there was fightin' to be done? I would have made sure not a single Servant of Loki got away.

Not the boar!!! What will we eat? :cry_sad: I'm not sure I like the dead meat we found in the Great Hall this morning, they were all dirty rotten bastards. :sick:

Oh well, ain't no cultists touching me or my man! I'll bash their faces right in with my rolling pin, know what I'm saying?

Oh... the rolling pin. :blush::grin:

*Brittish accent*

My dear ladies and gentlemen, it seems we have a very troublesome situation at hand and it's in everyones best interst if you find a solution as early as possible. Inside my body anger is building up into a terrible frenzy. You will not like it if I give in to that frenzy... For it is the same frenzy which made me able to defend a bridge for 8 long hours against an entire army. You do not wish to see me when I get mad. For my complextion will turn a sick shade of green and my muscles will expand to a non human size.

Well, this wouldn't be a proper banquet without a few casualties. Let us drink the blood of our fallen comrades and savor on the taste of their juicy organs so that their strength will carry on to us!

...What? That was our custom in Novgorod. No? Well, have it your way, then.

I won't let anything rain on my parade!

Hey! No fair, fighting at night. Some of us sleep soundly enough to be half a world away...

But let's get started.

Alas! Our beloved friends! I didn't even know we could die here. I thought this was the afterlife. :cry_sad:

Sigh. Surely we've seen enough to know we can't trust the evidence of our pictures... Er eyes.

And speculating about numbers of Loki-followers looks helpful but is usually futile. It make you look busy without adding anything useful. Want to have another go, Grey-beard?

Relax ya'll, I don't think the four dark figures in the pictures mean anything, it could mean there are four of the evil, or it could not, there are a lot of possible different explanations, I think.

I personally think that if there were really four that would be on the low side, which would be technically better for us, know what I'm saying, but also more unlikely, hmkay?

I think it is a bit too soon to be calling people out for trying to appear helpful. :wink:

Now that you pigs have no more boar to focus on, maybe you want to try my home-made mead with Juniper berries mixed in? :sweet: I said try it. :angry:

Oh dear, it has begun. :sadnew: The ragnarok! May our brothers rest in peace.

That Carl is an odd one, talking in third person and narrating his own life and what not... :wacko:

Servants of Loki, ha. More like cowards if you ask me. Sneaking in the middle of the night, attacking several unsuspecting guards, and fleeing with my breakfast! And to think that this scum sits (or stands) in my presents, it’s enough to make one sick.

These traitors dishonor us all by fighting in the dark. If they were true warriors, they would face us now, in the open. Come on, scum. Be true warriors and let us know who you are so we can destroy you in glorious battle!

No? Cowards.

All right then. I'll have to find my pipe with the "special blend" my tribe gave me before death and consult with the spirits of the wind. If nothing else, it'll at least relax me.

Who let the pirate in here? :wacko:

Ragnar - Ragnarok, anyone see that. :hmpf_bad:

I see it ... Um, what am I seeing? *huh*

*Brittish accent*

Why? :wacko:

Now that you pigs have no more boar to focus on, maybe you want to try my home-made mead with Juniper berries mixed in? :sweet: I said try it. :angry:

Stop yelling at my pigs! :cry_sad: They haven't done anything to you!

Servants of Loki, ha. More like cowards if you ask me. Sneaking in the middle of the night, attacking several unsuspecting guards, and fleeing with my breakfast! And to think that this scum sits (or stands) in my presents, it’s enough to make one sick.

They're standing in your presents?? *oh2* Are they dancing in your gifts? Jumping on your bounty? Sitting on your rewards? Stomping on your tributes?? :cry_sad: Oh, the humanity!!

PAGE 2

Why must the All-father depart, I would have thought it would be easier to have Loki brought here. Well are we just goin' to leave our fallen bretheren lying there or are we goin' to give them a proper mournin'?

Now then will those that follow Loki kindly step forward... No volunteers?

I didn't think so.

Who let the pirate in here? :wacko:

Everyone be knowin' that us Vikings are really just horny pirates! It be true, by Tohstre I swear it!

I'll be needin' rum if this continues much longer. :look:

I see it ... Um, what am I seeing? *huh*

He might be referring to the Legend of the Fabulanders, a tribe of freakishly hind-leg-walkin' animals with giant heads who did horrible rituals in the night and had a taste for blood and entrails! They tweren't good and moral men like we be, but they had a belief that evildoers always had names of three inflections.

I can't even remember my own name now to test this theory. :look:

Oh look, my name, it be written in me underpants! Steinvoir. Stein-voir. Ah! I knew it, those Fabulanders were right. Line up, ladies, it's time to inspect the names in your underpants, we shall have this whole sordid affair over by midday! :grin:

I'll make a post to remember my name. Something Pudding-Head. Something is two syllables. So is Pirate. So is Horny. So is piggy. So is oink oink.

I'm Hervi! I have Scurvy. :laugh: It's really no laughing matter. :look: Scurvy is a serious condition. But as I'm dead, I don't mind so much. Wish I had some boar megablocks to eat to ease the pain of my scurvy, though. Where are my lovely pigs? :cry_happy:

Oink! Oink! Piggies! Come piggies! Come!

It's obvious you all need a strong woman to lead you, you're running around talking about accents already.

We're going to need more food, but first let us set up a proper tribute for the fallen. After that's taken care of, breakfast! Pudding-Head do you have any pigs that aren't your special extra-salty friends? What about sheep, some mutton would be delicious. Did someone mention rum? How about some nice Pinapple Schnapps, the breakfast drink of the true warrior.

It's obvious you all need a strong woman to lead you, you're running around talking about accents already.

We're going to need more food, but first let us set up a proper tribute for the fallen. After that's taken care of, breakfast! Pudding-Head do you have any pigs that aren't your special extra-salty friends? What about sheep, some mutton would be delicious. Did someone mention rum? How about some nice Pinapple Schnapps, the breakfast drink of the true warrior.

Any one of my animals can be eaten as long as you honor the protein. No throwing it in the pond once it's been cooked. I prefer not to eat my friends so I stick to a strict diet of applesauce, potatoes and cock. My friends are here to be eaten and honor us with their sacrifice, so we must honor them with a tasty recipe. Oink oink. Come Jokkum! Come Jorgen. This nice lady wants to kill you and cook you. Oink oink Squeal!!!

*Brittish accent*

My dear ladies and gentlemen, it seems we have a very troublesome situation at hand and it's in everyones best interst if you find a solution as early as possible. Inside my body anger is building up into a terrible frenzy. You will not like it if I give in to that frenzy... For it is the same frenzy which made me able to defend a bridge for 8 long hours against an entire army. You do not wish to see me when I get mad. For my complextion will turn a sick shade of green and my muscles will expand to a non human size.

"if you find a solution"? Why don't you include yourself in our endeavor to root out these cowards :sceptic: ?

Relax ya'll, I don't think the four dark figures in the pictures mean anything, it could mean there are four of the evil, or it could not, there are a lot of possible different explanations, I think.

I'm not sure who else those four could be other than Loki's servants. I doubt an einherjar is among them just helping them out :wacko: . They, in my mind, must simply be the cowards among us now who killed our fellow warriors this dreadful night. Whether its an actual representation of the numbers we are up against, I doubt any information can truly, and accurately, confirmed here.

"if you find a solution"? Why don't you include yourself in our endeavor to root out these cowards :sceptic: ?

Ooh, I didn't catch that. Good eye. Just a slip of the tunge or a slip of the hjerne? :look:

Now then will those that follow Loki kindly step forward... No volunteers?

I didn't think so.

Already tried that, big guy. Someone needs to focus... Want some special pipe weed?

Goddamn darkened out figures. They killed the expendable NPC's too! I mean, they killed our friends, who has suspicious names of infamous expendable characters. Then they threw the boar in a pond somewhere or something, as explained by the helpful voice that I heard explaining this situation.

I shall drink the blood of these horrible fiends from their very own skulls.

Already tried that, big guy. Someone needs to focus... Want some special pipe weed?

:grin: That's what I get for tryin' to do two things at once. Haha, yes but I asked for the servents of Loki, they'll think we got the jump on them. Now, how about that pipe weed?

Hey, whoa! That's not cool! Can we get some guards who might actually, you know, guard the place next time Loki's do-badders come and try to steal our swine? At least we know they're not orthodox Jews. All the orthodox Jews here are cleared of any wrongdoing and can go home now.

Now... seeing as we're all still here, I'm keeping my eye peeled for any sign of trickeration. I'm particularly wary of Wary, although I can't quite figure out why yet.

Oh gods, here we go again!

I'm not sure who else those four could be other than Loki's servants. I doubt an einherjar is among them just helping them out :wacko: . They, in my mind, must simply be the cowards among us now who killed our fellow warriors this dreadful night. Whether its an actual representation of the numbers we are up against, I doubt any information can truly, and accurately, confirmed here.

Well of course they're the bloody cowards who serve the bastard Loki, but I think you're missing his point, which was, we can't know for sure the accurate number of scum just because we know they have at least four members.

I certainly hope we don't have to deal with conversions. Conversions always seem to lead to frustration. Villains, I can handle, but traitors are the lowest of the low! They are like the dead yeast that swirls at the very bottom of a horn of mead. Speaking of mead! Skål!!!

Did I ever tell you of the time I slayed the Blood Red Dragon of the Gulf of Bothnia!? It was a bright day on the frozen tundra. I was many miles from the village I had made my own after my damned crew deserted me on the Finnish shore line. So there I was, the icy wind blasting at my face, my beard frozen stiff! I was hunting for anything that could provide my starving village some sustenance, but I knew it was for naught! But then, I saw a red dot on the horizon, galloping ever nearer... As it grew closer, it grew in size, untill I realized it was a low flying drake, redder than the blood in my veins, or the fires of Ragnorak! The cursed creature flew closer, letting out a stream of flame which melted the ice below him. I raised my shield and withstood the blast, but my shield was left in ashes. I threw off my shield and dropped my cloak. It were quite bad-megablocks. So, there I was, Dragon before me, tundra behind, and I leapt at him with my axe! We fought for some time, but I came out victorious! I fed my village the flesh of the dragon for the next year, HA ha!

Any one of my animals can be eaten as long as you honor the protein. No throwing it in the pond once it's been cooked. I prefer not to eat my friends so I stick to a strict diet of applesauce, potatoes and cock. My friends are here to be eaten and honor us with their sacrifice, so we must honor them with a tasty recipe. Oink oink. Come Jokkum! Come Jorgen. This nice lady wants to kill you and cook you. Oink oink Squeal!!!

* British accent*

What no sausages?!

* British accent*

What no sausages?!

Well, finding a sausage that isn't made from one of my friends is about as hard as finding a British viking. :hmpf: So, what say you about Sveinn the Uninspired's boring question about your last statement? Why the separation in your brain between us and them? Are you a them? One of these conspiratorial cultist Sons of Loki? Who threw our Great Boar into a pond or something? And cowardly killed our friend Lefski Red-Shirt? Did you kick my pig too? Oink oink.

How dare they! :angry: Sneaking around like the lilly-livers they are! Come! Fight!

Weaklings. :hmpf:

And I was planning to have some of the boar for breakfast and now all we're left with are potatoes, applesauce, cock, various forms of proteinaceous pork and whatever it was the weird woman with the rolling pin cooked up. :cry_sad: This is all making me so tense! :angry: I might need to go and blow some stuff up with my Alchemistry set. :look:

Oh look, my name, it be written in me underpants! Steinvoir. Stein-voir.

Real men don't wear underpants!

Real men feel the cool breeze as it tickles their mathematics! :grin:

Ah, the fine art of mathematics-tickling. :cry_happy:

Real men don't wear underpants!

Verily, that is more than Carl needed to know. :sick:

I did not mean that, I just think that while we saw four, that does not mean that there actually are four. :wink: So we agree, which is always a good thing, don't you know!

And I'm no weird lady with a rolling pin! I'm the one with more courage than all of you. :angry: My Bio said so. So there! :tongue:

And I'm no weird lady with a rolling pin!

I never said you were a lady. :tongue:

Bring me food and ale, wench!

Unless you want another bad eye, you do it yourself! :angry: Stick to the script, you are supposed to fear me, gahh.

Bring me food and ale, wench!

All right, all right. Hold your horses and fondle your piggies. Food coming right up. Oink oink! What kind of animal produces ale? :look:

All right, all right. Hold your horses and fondle your piggies. Food coming right up. Oink oink! What kind of animal produces ale? :look:

Dogs. Defiantly Dogs.

Dogs. Defiantly Dogs.

I didn't realize defiant dogs had udders? OK, I'll produce some ale. Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!

Something feels ironic about me making animal sounds in this lifetime... :look:

Here doggy, good doggy. Let's milk that udder there. You just have one udder? Odin's staff, that's odd. Well, I didn't know you had any so I guess strange isn't necessarily a surprise. OK, woof woof. Good dog, let's just milk that thing... :look: ... am I really going here with this? Yep, sure am. Good dog. Your udder turns red, that's strange. Oh, good girl! You've produced some ale. Good doggy, see you later. OK, I've got some ale. I didn't realize ale was so gooey, but if this is what you want, I have some defiant dog ale here for ya. It looks like it goes down kind of lumpy and thick, but whatever floats your longboat. :sceptic:

I regret my words. Very much.

I regret my words. Very much.

Not thirsty anymore? :devil:

PAGE 3

Honey, it was not me who was thirsty in the first place, that reminds me, you haven't tasted my Juniper Berry Mead yet. Don't you appreciate my cooking? :cry_sad:

Honey, it was not me who was thirsty in the first place, that reminds me, you haven't tasted my Juniper Berry Mead yet. Don't you appreciate my cooking? :cry_sad:

Oooh! I'd like some. You can try my Tree-stump Pudding Flambe.

Sorry, but I'm allergic to tree stumps, everytime I see one my eyes go red and I just go crazy. No one comes out better after an encounter with one.

Wha's thi' abou' black figures in the nigh'? Damn cowards! Sneakin' abou' killin' people all stealthy-like brings no honor! Bring them ou'! Let me wrestle with 'em, just like I wrestled tha' bear back on Midguard! I'll wrench 'is head off! I'll eve- Is that ale?

You can try my Tree-stump Pudding Flambe.

Flambé! :oh:

Now you're talking! Need any help with the flambé? :grin:

I did not mean that, I just think that while we saw four, that does not mean that there actually are four. :wink: So we agree, which is always a good thing, don't you know!

Ah, ok. I took it that you meant the four weren't necessarily the evil servants of Loki, sorry :blush: . But yeah, enough of this nonsense of numbers and let's just kill the evildoers!

Well, finding a sausage that isn't made from one of my friends is about as hard as finding a British viking. :hmpf: So, what say you about Sveinn the Uninspired's boring question about your last statement? Why the separation in your brain between us and them? Are you a them? One of these conspiratorial cultist Sons of Loki? Who threw our Great Boar into a pond or something? And cowardly killed our friend Lefski Red-Shirt? Did you kick my pig too? Oink oink.

It's little details like these that can help us nab a servant of Loki on the first day. What are other's thoughts on this possible freudian slip? What's a freudian, anyway? What's a potato, too? People keep mentioning that word, but no such thing exists in our location :wacko:

Some shut the door already! :sing:

It's little details like these that can help us nab a servant of Loki on the first day. What are other's thoughts on this possible freudian slip?

It's something worth exploring, good catch Sveinn! Not that you're inspiring me in any way, far from it. :grin: As is customary when we play mäfiå, Bergulf should at least try to explain what he was thinking when he uttered such foolish words. Then bring us dog ale and gravlax.

Dudes! Ale doesn't come from dogs, it comes from alewife's... or alewives... Methinks that perhaps this line of thinking is just a red herring.

Dudes! Ale doesn't come from dogs, it comes from alewife's... or alewives... Methinks that perhaps this line of thinking is just a red herring.

Then what are we drinking? Red herring? A dog's milk is red herring? Doesn't taste like herring. :wacko:

Then what are we drinking? Red herring? A dog's milk is red herring? Doesn't taste like herring. :wacko:

I don't know, but I'm not drinking anything you claim to have milked at this point. It's wine or nothing.

Where'd Bergulf go anyway? He responded with no response.

I don't know, but I'm not drinking anything you claim to have milked at this point. It's wine or nothing.

Have some wine, it's in front of me! :tongue:

Where'd Bergulf go anyway? He responded with no response.

Yeah, he left going away. :sceptic:

You can tickle my mathematics. :wub:

Wait...I mean...I'll make icepops from the ribs and blood of the dirty cultists that we kill!!!

Well, it's something fishy about your dog's milk at least, and I'm not drinking that. :hmpf_bad:

Better stick with some mead or wine or whatever alcoholic beverage we got, when we get drunk our tongues will run loose and hopefully the servants of Loki will be exposed.

I say we go for a drinking game, who wants to play "Never have I ever..."? I'll start:

"Never have I ever tossed a boar in a pond!"

Aha! Who drank?!

*British accent*

If I get myself into a frenzy I turn into the Hulk. All brain activity stops from that point on. I am not a thinker, I bash things :D

At least we know they're not orthodox Jews. All the orthodox Jews here are cleared of any wrongdoing and can go home now.

Actually, we can't know that for certain. In fact, the opposite may be true, for, as you may have noticed, they failed to eat the boar, but tossed it into the lake or something. The fact is that, more likely than not, they are orthodox Jews. Which leads me to my next question? Why are you trying to protect orhodox Jews? Do you know they are the scum who did this to us? Furthermore, are you one of them.

Any orthodox Jews among us, raise hands! All at once! All at once!

These traitors dishonor us all by fighting in the dark. If they were true warriors, they would face us now, in the open. Come on, scum. Be true warriors and let us know who you are so we can destroy you in glorious battle!

It reminds me of the way that devil Wary assassinated me in my past life. Snuck up from behind and stuck a dagger in me, but he didn't get away with it. I turned around and smote him hard for that treachery, just like I will do now with whoever is the instigator of these crimes this time around.

*British accent*

If I get myself into a frenzy I turn into the Hulk. All brain activity stops from that point on. I am not a thinker, I bash things :D

Pitiful response. You expect us to accept something like that? Fool! Lose the accent as well. Are you one of us or some random foreigner from a strange isle? :wacko:

Pitiful response. You expect us to accept something like that? Fool! Lose the accent as well. Are you one of us or some random foreigner from a strange isle? :wacko:

Yes, I was hoping for a reply with more substance to it :sceptic: Is he stalling? Does he want to get killed? Dear Bergulf, you appear reluctant to work with us (the einherjar), why?

Everyone be knowin' that us Vikings are really just horny pirates! It be true, by Tohstre I swear it!

Pirates? Protect me vessels and set sail! Land ho! Aye aye!

How about some nice Pinapple Schnapps, the breakfast drink of the true warrior.

Schnapps, ja ja!

Pass the peyote! :sweet:

I certainly hope we don't have to deal with conversions. Conversions always seem to lead to frustration.

I hope so as well, but I think we should be prepared for the worst. These games... of life tend to have those sort of traitors, so we should look out for that. Careful of who you trust, they may end up turning on you. :sadnew:

*stares at Hervi and his white ale* :sick:

Wha's thi' abou' black figures in the nigh'? Damn cowards! Sneakin' abou' killin' people all stealthy-like brings no honor! Bring them ou'! Let me wrestle with 'em, just like I wrestled tha' bear back on Midguard! I'll wrench 'is head off! I'll eve- Is that ale?

Viking Highlanders now? This be gettin' ridiculous. :wacko:

It's little details like these that can help us nab a servant of Loki on the first day. What are other's thoughts on this possible freudian slip? What's a freudian, anyway? What's a potato, too? People keep mentioning that word, but no such thing exists in our location :wacko:

I've never heard of the Freudians, but potatoes are used to carry messages amongst those schemin' Irish Vikings, all goin' about with their heads not under hats and being poor and such. Best to be avoidin' 'em completely. If'n we be infested with Irish Vikings, we be in serious trouble..

*British accent*

Another person lacking focus? It's almost like your attention is divided or something. I'd offer you some special blend as well, but it sounds like you've already partaken.

While Bergulf's original statement was only borderline scummy, his response does nothing to quell suspicion. The end of the world is not a light matter. There is a time for laughter but when that is the main substance of your response to a legitimate concern... Maybe the scum did decide to come forward after all.

While Bergulf's original statement was only borderline scummy, his response does nothing to quell suspicion. The end of the world is not a light matter. There is a time for laughter but when that is the main substance of your response to a legitimate concern... Maybe the scum did decide to come forward after all.

I agree. It sounds like he's just trying to play it off. In context, it looks like he just reworded it to fit into his -roleplay- personal moment, but not taking these sorts of things seriously isn't a good sign.

In context, it looks like he just reworded it to fit into his -roleplay- personal moment

That's a good point you raise up.

Aye, I agree, his answer is crap, howe'er, I find the focus on his behavior to be somewhat misplaced.

Thus-far, having fought with and against him several times in glorious battle, I've noted that he makes strange comments like these. Since they often demonstrate confusion, or a lack of understanding as to his own position and that of others, they raise alarms in the townies, and provide fodder for those scummy (provided he's town himself. If not, having never fought on his side while he was acting antagonistically, I'm not sure how his team would manage it, but I imagine they'd avoid him and tell him in secret to change his behavior). Essentially, he sticks out like a sore-thumb on either side. Having said this, we shouldn't turn a blind eye to his strange initial comment and woefully underestimated response, but I honestly believe that neither of them were slip-ups. They were strange, yes, but the first one is clearly just his characteristic talk. The second is him confused. While he may be scum, neither point is damning to me or in the least indicative of such. I don't want to see this escalate simply because it's how he normally behaves and those searching desperately for guidance on day one (of this crisis) spot his behavior and latch onto it.

Secondarily, I'm not sure that those who have noted their suspicion as to his allegiance based on these poorly-analyzed remarks are scum for pointing it out themselves either. It's a very easy trap in which to fall: odd behavior is what one looks for when one looks for scum in these circumstances, and his words have been poorly chosen.

Just my two cents. I don't like herrings, particularly when they're red. Speaking of Red, and money, did I ever tell you of the time I slayed the Firey Red Dragon of Sweden and claimed his gold?

I like mead though! That's made from milking bees! :thumbup:

You make it a catch 22, Danr. Are you saying he could say whatever blathering nonsense came into his head and we should all ignore it? I don't know how wise it is to dismiss anything so easily.

With the way things go in these matters, Bergulf has painted a target on himself at a time when we have very little to base decisions or discussions on. If nothing else, it should be discussed. Seeing what others might say about would be useful at this point.

I would love Bergulf to come back and explain his behavior himself instead of you trying to do it for him, Danr.

Whatever it is, it is strong and manly! :sweet:

Have some wine, it's in front of me! :tongue:

Only if the poison is in your goblet. :grin:

PAGE 4

Secondarily, I'm not sure that those who have noted their suspicion as to his allegiance based on these poorly-analyzed remarks are scum for pointing it out themselves either. It's a very easy trap in which to fall: odd behavior is what one looks for when one looks for scum in these circumstances, and his words have been poorly chosen.

Hey yo, my dear bicloptic friend! I don't think anyone said those being suspicious of Bergulf were themselves suspicious. I suppose one might jump to that conclusion, but you're defending against that accusation before it's even been volleyed.

Only if the poison is in your goblet. :grin:

Just remember, the pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

You make it a catch 22, Danr. Are you saying he could say whatever blathering nonsense came into his head and we should all ignore it? I don't know how wise it is to dismiss anything so easily.

With the way things go in these matters, Bergulf has painted a target on himself at a time when we have very little to base decisions or discussions on. If nothing else, it should be discussed. Seeing what others might say about would be useful at this point.

I would love Bergulf to come back and explain his behavior himself instead of you trying to do it for him, Danr.

I'm not dismissing it. I'm saying that, to me, his first comment came off as Hulk-related banter, during which he used the word "you" to address the town. I don't see anything incriminating in that. His "reply" if you can even call it that, neither addresses this point, nor makes much sense in general. This doesn't smell scummy to me either. It's not meant to be a Catch 22, but finding scum's not a science: it's more like a debate. One must convince another of a person's guilt by presenting a strong case. The better the case, the better the chances of actually catching a scum. This case is weak. Neither of these two actions that Bergulf has perpetrated looks scummy to me considering his usual behavior. This is why I don't think they are slip-ups. We should not ignore what he's said as it may be of use later (a always) but, at the moment his comments seem to be producing undue suspicion.

I agree that his actions and the attention he's received should be discussed. There's very little that can be ascertained on day one, but talk is very valuable later on, when there are clues with which to work.

I also agree that Bergulf should actually make a coherent case for himself, but I didn't see that happening. I hope that now that I've restated why he's being attacked he can actually respond to the correct point. It's frustrating watching such confusion, which is why I spoke up in the first place.

Hey yo, my dear bicloptic friend! I don't think anyone said those being suspicious of Bergulf were themselves suspicious. I suppose one might jump to that conclusion, but you're defending against that accusation before it's even been volleyed.

I contemplated this for a while when I was trying to analyze the sudden attention Bergulf was drawing. I though better of it though for several reasons: A, the last time I thought something similar (during the second quest for Excalibur), I thought that those accusing the townie (me) were scum, but I ended up wrong. B. while it is slowly becoming an untrue trope, scum rarely go on this sort of offensive so early. C. I have not perceived anything particularly scummy in the speech of those talking about Bergulf.

So yes, I spoke to it before it was technically volleyed because I thought of it but then thought against it.

Just remember, the pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

What about the chalice from the palace?

This case is weak. Neither of these two actions that Bergulf has perpetrated looks scummy to me considering his usual behavior. This is why I don't think they are slip-ups. We should not ignore what he's said as it may be of use later (a always) but, at the moment his comments seem to be producing undue suspicion.

There are three actions of Bergulf, actually. I'm not sure if it's negligence, but Bergulf has been asked a couple of times to explain himself and he has only replied in a non-serious manner. There is every possibility this could be a red herring, but better a red one (where we can branch off to other debates if this one leads nowhere) than a dead one (joking and laughing and accomplishing not very much). Gotta start somewhere :blush:

To this point, you seem to be on the fence here, a position I once took on Day One of a past life...where we were betrayed :sadnew:

You may now vote. With 26 players, 14 votes are required to reach a conviction.

Now that I am no longer under the influance of alcohol let me explain my first comment. When I used the word you, and by doing so excluding myself, I was just playfully adressing the town and informing you guys my famous frenzy you all heard so much about means that I will turn into the incredible Hulk. I do have every inention to help get rid of the pest that hounts us and get back our boloved pig. I am loyal to Odin and always have been. I will never bow down to Loki. Please give me a chance to prove my loyalty to you.

I also agree that Bergulf should actually make a coherent case for himself, but I didn't see that happening. I hope that now that I've restated why he's being attacked he can actually respond to the correct point. It's frustrating watching such confusion, which is why I spoke up in the first place.

If you didn't think Bergulf was acting scummy, then why do you expect him to make a case for himself? You basically told him what he could have meant with 'you' and that's what Bergulf used in his defence right now.

I'll have some of that ale now. :look:

If you didn't think Bergulf was acting scummy, then why do you expect him to make a case for himself? You basically told him what he could have meant with 'you' and that's what Bergulf used in his defence right now.

Used...

Danr explained my first comments in the same way as I would have done if I had the chance to reply sooner. It is the truth and nothing but the truth. I don't have an alterior motive. I am a part of the tow and I will do my best to make sure we kill these scumbags and get our boar back.

Danr explained my first comments in the same way as I would have done if I had the chance to reply sooner.

Hmm, but you did have the chance to reply sooner. In fact, you did reply sooner. So why not explain yourself then?

*British accent*

Having said this, we shouldn't turn a blind eye to his strange initial comment and woefully underestimated response, but I honestly believe that neither of them were slip-ups. They were strange, yes, but the first one is clearly just his characteristic talk. The second is him confused. While he may be scum, neither point is damning to me or in the least indicative of such. I don't want to see this escalate simply because it's how he normally behaves and those searching desperately for guidance on day one (of this crisis) spot his behavior and latch onto it.

Something that might have been considered as a lapse in concentration or innocent slip of the tongue, had it been explained adequately, is now something that is revealing inconsistencies.

Bergulf, you did have chance to respond before Danr, because you actually responded before Danr. I think we all deserve a better explanation, if you can come up with one. And if you can't, then you're the best option for my vote right now.

And I demand some fresh ale! There's something swimming in mine. :look:

Hmm, but you did have the chance to reply sooner. In fact, you did reply sooner. So why not explain yourself then?

Something that might have been considered as a lapse in concentration or innocent slip of the tongue, had it been explained adequately, is now something that is revealing inconsistencies.

Bergulf, you did have chance to respond before Danr, because you actually responded before Danr. I think we all deserve a better explanation, if you can come up with one. And if you can't, then you're the best option for my vote right now.

Well the response I made before Danr was made under the influence of a lot of ale, beer and whiskey. I shouldn't have mingled in the conversation, I should have waited till I sobered up and made a reply then. I understand that at this point it looks like I'm the best option for your vote, but I am not. I don't know how to prove this to you at this point. All I can do is ask for a second chance and let me prove to you that I am a good guy!

Well the response I made before Danr was made under the influence of a lot of ale, beer and whiskey. <snip> I don't know how to prove this to you at this point.

Easy! Just pee in this cup, please! :tongue:

Although I would love to gve you a second chance. *huh* (Really, really not!) As of now, you are our best candidate for a little whipping. Well, of course, in case we don't know who to lynch there is always Wary the Black, that black-hearted devil. :grin:

I kinda don't want to lynch Bergulf, okay. While I would say his behaviour is odd, it's actually consistent with how I have come to know him. Of course, perhaps it's just scum behaviour, or else it's just how he is. Coming from the same area as Bergulf, his first statement literally converted into the native tongue makes a little more sense, bit surprised he has not said that himself, but there you go.

On the other hand, it's not like I have a better candidate at this point, I just hope that we can at least lynch someone whose death will tell us something about the people that person interacted with. I think there is either one of two things happening (there is a third, option, scum is sitting back and laughing, but let's say for the sake of the argument). Either Bergulf is scum and the scum are not going to deal with it, perhaps hoping apathy will make it seem like Bergulf is innocent, and therefore won't be lynched. OR: the scum are actively trying to get Bergulf lynched. No offense at all intended, but I think from previous games it has been shown that is not super hard to do with you, Bergulf.

What I am going to do is think long and hard which of these two options is more likely, I hope every other townie does the same. I had hoped for more interaction in the early time of this ordeal. Don't hold back. :wink:

With previous games I meant drinking games, and dicerolling. Obviously.

Well all I can do now is offer you guys some alternatives:

Today Wilhalm and Magnus haven't even bothered to contribute to the discussion. Have they got nothing to say or are they scum trying to fly under the radar. There are also others who have only spoken once and remained quit after that. I'm telling you guys I am not your best choice.

Then there is Danr, and I really really hate to do this but sticking up for someone who is getting lynched on day 1, who you don't know is really odd. On day one most of the people are happy to vote on a bandwagon as it doesn't draw attention to you. If you are scum you know I am not and sticking up for me today will make you look like the virgin Mary tomorrow.

Now that I am no longer under the influance of alcohol let me explain my first comment.

Men and alcohol. Have one drop and either think you’re invincible or you can't remember your name. :hmpf: And just to think that I could have been married to your type (males, I mean).

Anyway, I don’t want to begin accusing people of being scum for not being as annoying as some of this crowd. :grin: Perhaps they are a little late to rise or have had too much

to drink and think it best to hold their tongue.

Alas, I have said enough. Now to hunt down another mug of ale!

I kinda don't want to lynch Bergulf, okay. While I would say his behaviour is odd, it's actually consistent with how I have come to know him. Of course, perhaps it's just scum behaviour, or else it's just how he is. Coming from the same area as Bergulf, his first statement literally converted into the native tongue makes a little more sense, bit surprised he has not said that himself, but there you go.

While I don't think Bergulf should be left completely off the hook, at least his excuse for not explaining properly his earlier slip-up is... credible.

Well all I can do now is offer you guys some alternatives:

Today Wilhalm and Magnus haven't even bothered to contribute to the discussion. Have they got nothing to say or are they scum trying to fly under the radar. There are also others who have only spoken once and remained quit after that. I'm telling you guys I am not your best choice.

If we are to consider Wilhalm's and Magnus' lives before Valhalla, we would inclined to dismiss their silence as just part of their character. They have the same excuse you have -- that's the way they normally act.

Then there is Danr, and I really really hate to do this but sticking up for someone who is getting lynched on day 1, who you don't know is really odd. On day one most of the people are happy to vote on a bandwagon as it doesn't draw attention to you. If you are scum you know I am not and sticking up for me today will make you look like the virgin Mary tomorrow.

I thought that Danr might be trying to deflect suspicion from you, yet you're quick to point the finger at him which suggests that you're not both Servants of Loki. Perhaps neither of you are. At this point, and in the absence of stronger leads, I would tend to look at folks who act differently that their usual self -- less talkative for instance. We haven't heard much from Dagrun, but perhaps she's just busy sampling the Pineapple Schnapps? :grin:

Awww.... shnapp! Pass me a little of that if you would.

Coming from the same area as Bergulf, his first statement literally converted into the native tongue makes a little more sense, bit surprised he has not said that himself, but there you go.

I'm not sure it makes much more sense to use "you" rather than "we" in anyone's native tongue. Whether it was just a slip or merely the way he speaks is for each of us to decide.

At the moment, Berguf and Danr are probably the strongest leads we have, and that's not particularly strong. While some have hardly spoken at all, others have done nothing to address the situation despite actually speaking a fair amount. Food and booze may satisfy the stomach, but discussion of it exclusively doesn't move us forward.

Owww my head. Pineapple Schnapps is better breakfast than late night snack.

I remember a story about someone defending someone else the first day of a contest where only the evil ones knew who were friends and who were foes. As a matter of fact, I specifically recall the one doing the defending was an evil one. This was not long ago, and it is fresh in my mind, it all feels so real, like I was there myself.

Now, I see Danr doing the same thing. It makes no sense that he should be defending Berguf so on this first day, unless he knows something the rest of us do not.

I'm not sure it makes much more sense to use "you" rather than "we" in anyone's native tongue. Whether it was just a slip or merely the way he speaks is for each of us to decide.

Look, I'm trying to play nice here, boy. But if you did not understand already, here is the thing, in the language they speak in the dutchlands, if you literally translated the guy's statement in that language, it makes more sense. You can't know, since you don't speak that language, my husband can probably agree with this, he speaks that language too. I don't like your tone, you talk about stuff you can't know anything about, don't do that, it makes you look like an idiot.

If he had said that as the first thing, I would have totally brushed aside the statement. But he did not, that makes me wonder if it was just poor choice of words, or indeed a slip up.

Well the response I made before Danr was made under the influence of a lot of ale, beer and whiskey. I shouldn't have mingled in the conversation, I should have waited till I sobered up and made a reply then. I understand that at this point it looks like I'm the best option for your vote, but I am not. I don't know how to prove this to you at this point. All I can do is ask for a second chance and let me prove to you that I am a good guy!

Aha, so my drinking game did have an effect! The more people drink the more they talk, and they speak freely without lies and clever choice of words. Not that Bergulf said anything chocking, but I believe even the smallest mistake needs to be considered during these evil times (read: first day). At the moment I'm ready to cast my vote on Bergulf, the most suspicious of a very unsuspicious company, and wait and see what happens. Hopefully a fight! :cry_happy:

Vote: Bergulf (badboytje88)

If we assume the first post was poor translation, I think a very different light can be shed on the situation. So he responded poorly. And that, ladies and gentlepigs, is classic behaviour from the person on the spotlight, no offense. I am leaning towards the idea that Bergruf is town and he is being accused with the help of some scum. The only problem for me is finding out who of the accusers are scum.

Considering what Snotra said about the translation of the first and second person verb tense, this makes a lot more sense. I am less inclined to be concerned about the original statement. Although, in English, that type of slip is a huge thing to watch out for. The Scum have separated the game in their minds into us vs them. The brain has trouble separating this sort of things and comes out when people's defenses are down and we're joking around. This is the more likely slip-up we will catch. Some of the more blatant troubling statements (As we've seen in the past, like the battle where someone sent someone else a joke PM about being Scum and threatening to kill that person at night) are rarely made by Scum.

The initial responses to the accusations are troubling, though. It really does seem that Bergulf was drunk and didn't answer to the accusation until he slept it off. Danr is right. This is typical of Bergulf as we've seen in battle before. But, why that lag in nonsense defense vs real defense? Was he seeking advice? Why would he flounder before getting the better advice as opposed to just waiting? His original responses were blatantly Scummy or not helpful. I don't think Scum would be this sloppy as to be so flippant about an accusation. What he's said since then is a more sound defense. It's still troubling that we saw two defenses from him? Did he decide to go for the more sound defense when joking it off didn't work? :look: And if so, does would that be his defense no matter which side he's on? :wacko: Was he actually drunk?

But why is Danr defending him so early? And did we just see this behavior in a recent battle? And was Danr on the side where he saw it work and how it worked? Yes to all. I have observed Danr in battle as well and know that his long posts sometimes come after getting advice from his "faction" as it were. Did the defense of Bergulf take some time to post? Yes. I think the more likely candidate for a Servant of Loki is our dear Dragon-Slayer. I think we've all seen this story play out up to this point and I don't want to waste any more time. The time for action is now, so I will

Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

It is a very odd tactic to defend someone on Day One, especially someone who is behaving the way Bergulf is. If Danr is Scum, perhaps Bergulf is too. However, if Bergulf is Einherjar, we will still wonder about Danr. I think we have the most to learn from what has happened so far, by lynching Danr. Oink oink!

I would like to add that they both might be town, and they're squabbling while the scum are taking advantage of all this confusion. But of course, what choice do we have? This is the only way to get answers, and I see no better options at the moment.

The question is, which one to vote for? As others have pointed out, Danr could be innocent accidentally defending Bergulf who is a follower of Loki, as we've seen just recently in one of the legends. Conversely, Danr could be scum trying to to look innocent by defending the innocent Bergulf. Maybe he had expected us to lynch Bergulf anyway, and then he would come up as looking innocent after all was said and done.

They could both be scum, with Bergulf trying to distance himself from Danr. We take a chance either way, but I would like to wait to see if anything comes up before I place my vote. I don't feel certain about either of them, but what choice do we have?

There are three actions of Bergulf, actually. I'm not sure if it's negligence, but Bergulf has been asked a couple of times to explain himself and he has only replied in a non-serious manner. There is every possibility this could be a red herring, but better a red one (where we can branch off to other debates if this one leads nowhere) than a dead one (joking and laughing and accomplishing not very much). Gotta start somewhere :blush:

To this point, you seem to be on the fence here, a position I once took on Day One of a past life...where we were betrayed :sadnew:

Yes, better red then dead, but left to his own devices, he'd likely be the latter.

I'm not on the fence; I'm clearly standing on the side opposite those who think that Bergulf's statements are scummy. That doesn't mean I think all of those against whom I'm standing are scum though, as I've stated.

You might have died that day in the Black Forest, but fortunately we got someone easy out, someone who couldn't form a strong counter argument to the claims brought against her.

Because, scummy or not, those who are accused should always respond to accusations in a serious manner. I didn't think he'd do that so I took it onto myself to say it because I didn't want this to become today's lynch because of the misinterpretation of a word. I'm sorry if I spelled it out to him, but, judging by his first answer, he didn't get the reason why people found his statement odd.

No offense at all intended, but I think from previous games it has been shown that is not super hard to do with you, Bergulf.

I didn't want to say it quite so bluntly, but this is what I mean; having targeted Bergulf on the first day of the first, ill-fated, Quest for Excalibur, he doesn't ever make a great case with which to defend himself.

PAGE 5

But why is Danr defending him so early? And did we just see this behavior in a recent battle? And was Danr on the side where he saw it work and how it worked? Yes to all.

If you're referring to Svein's play on the first day in the Black Forest, then you've got to be kidding me. That was not a success! That was a nightmare! He hardly made it out alive after that, and was eventually brought to justice for it! Do you honestly think I'd mimic his mistake as a scum? It didn't work because he died! Lynched by the Town!

I have observed Danr in battle as well and know that his long posts sometimes come after getting advice from his "faction" as it were. Did the defense of Bergulf take some time to post? Yes. I think the more likely candidate for a Servant of Loki is our dear Dragon-Slayer. I think we've all seen this story play out up to this point and I don't want to waste any more time. The time for action is now, so I will...

This is a fair point. If I had a scum team, I would indeed ask for their opinions and such before replying... But you yourself pointed that out once the Black Forest expedition had ended, letting everyone know. I would be more discreet if I were doing that now, because most of the faces in this crowd listened to your analysis. I think if I were scum I'd be typing in another window, and lurk logged out. Furthermore, I honestly take a long time to type, scum or not, and I almost always proof-read my papers.

It is a very odd tactic to defend someone on Day One, especially someone who is behaving the way Bergulf is. If Danr is Scum, perhaps Bergulf is too. However, if Bergulf is Einherjar, we will still wonder about Danr. I think we have the most to learn from what has happened so far, by lynching Danr. Oink oink!

I'm not sure how to contest that. grouping people, especially on the first day, is a dangerous fallacy which can lead to the very situation that saved Svein for so long.

We take a chance either way, but I would like to wait to see if anything comes up before I place my vote. I don't feel certain about either of them, but what choice do we have?

You should not worry your head with such moral issues, my friend. There is absolutely no way for us loyal Einherjar to know who's Loki's Servant at this point, so nobody can be held accountable for a wrong lynch on this first day of our fiest.

After carefully listening what each of you have said (well, as carefully as possible in between all this drinking and frolicking), I've deduced that the strongest case is against Danr the Dragon-Slayer. Like some of you have said, there is no reason to defend anyone if you're innocent on the first day - not even as subtly as he did. And I must admit that my decision is also affected that in his past life Danr was known as a crafty and cunning player in these sort of games. Just visit the Walhalla Library if you don't believe me - there's records of all of our past deeds there.

What? You say you can't read? I've always had the opinion that being a barbarian is no excuse for being illiteral. :sadnew:

With that being said, I shall cast my vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs).

If you're referring to Svein's play on the first day in the Black Forest, then you've got to be kidding me. That was not a success! That was a nightmare! He hardly made it out alive after that, and was eventually brought to justice for it! Do you honestly think I'd mimic his mistake as a scum? It didn't work because he died! Lynched by the Town!

This is a fair point. If I had a scum team, I would indeed ask for their opinions and such before replying... But you yourself pointed that out once the Black Forest expedition had ended, letting everyone know. I would be more discreet if I were doing that now, because most of the faces in this crowd listened to your analysis. I think if I were scum I'd be typing in another window, and lurk logged out. Furthermore, I honestly take a long time to type, scum or not, and I almost always proof-read my papers.

I'm not sure how to contest that. grouping people, especially on the first day, is a dangerous fallacy which can lead to the very situation that saved Svein for so long.

:sceptic: You make good points here, but any of them could be defenses of slip-ups you didn't plan to be called out on. I've seen all sorts of plays from you, some very smart, some very hasty and poorly planned. It's possible you thought nobody would think you'd try the same tactic that worked, then failed in the Dark Forest or you thought the defense of Bergulf would seem very Townie since we all know Bergulf bumbles sometimes. This is all, admittedly, metagaming though. Scum have a tendency to defend each other early on. You don't want to lose one of your team mates on Day One. So perhaps this wasn't a thought of the Dark Forest tactic at all, but just Scum defending Scum.

I'm sorry. My vote stands. Suspicions have been raised and in analyzing those suspicions, I find your actions the most suspicious. I admit that it's rare that the people who arouse suspicion on Day One are rarely Scum, but it has happened. And I think this will nag at us for the rest of the game if we don't follow through. Am I 100% convinced? No, of course not. But how can we be convinced on Day One? These are the things we have to do to figure out the puzzle.

They could both be scum, with Bergulf trying to distance himself from Danr. We take a chance either way, but I would like to wait to see if anything comes up before I place my vote. I don't feel certain about either of them, but what choice do we have?

My thoughts exactly. Like Pig-boy said, Danr could just be risking it and defending a townie. Most of the defenses Bergulf's made in his previous life seem to have been rather lackluster, not to mention day one slip-ups are a hard thing to recover from. It wouldn't surprise me if the scum saw it as an opportunity to make one of their own look townier, and, again, like Piggy said, if there was any scum that would take this risk - it'd be Danr. He's done it before:

I didn't want to say it quite so bluntly, but this is what I mean; having targeted Bergulf on the first day of the first, ill-fated, Quest for Excalibur, he doesn't ever make a great case with which to defend himself.

So why not do just the opposite?

You might have died that day in the Black Forest, but fortunately we got someone easy out, someone who couldn't form a strong counter argument to the claims brought against her.

Precisely. You've been stressing that about Bergulf. Repeatedly. Perfect person to defend, knowing he'll probably be lynched anyway, and use it as credibility later. Is it an obvious, scummy move? Whether you're actually scum or not, yes, it is. You've glued a target to your head, and it's Day One. Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

I know I've used my fair share of previously-failed strategies and used the defense of 'what kind of idiot would I be if I did that?'

The answer: a pretty big idiot. :sadnew:

Like Pig-boy said,

:look: Am I pig-boy? Oink oink! But why? I prefer Pudding-Head. :sceptic:

Considering what Snotra said about the translation of the first and second person verb tense, this makes a lot more sense. I am less inclined to be concerned about the original statement. Although, in English, that type of slip is a huge thing to watch out for.

I don't think it's that much different when translated to the language they speak in the Dutchlands. Maybe he meant: "... if you find/one finds a solution as early as possible". Anyway, he should have chosen his words more carefully.

But why is Danr defending him so early?

This is what really has me worried.

Won't we also still wonder about Bergulf irrespective of Danr allegiance? If he's a Servant of Loki, he could be defending a fellow scum or trying to appear Einherjar by defending someone he knows to be innocent. If Danr is Einherjar after all, we know nothing about Bergulf. I simply think we should be looking at who's most suspicious.

I'm not on the fence; I'm clearly standing on the side opposite those who think that Bergulf's statements are scummy.

I think that, before you started defending Bergulf, most of us were rightfully on the fence about his statements, as we simply have nothing to go on on Day 1. How can you be so sure it was a mistake and not a slip-up?

I honestly haven't got a clue why you're defending him or how you can be so sure about it was an honest mistake on Bergulf's part. I just know it makes you look most suspicious today.

Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs).

:look: Am I pig-boy? Oink oink! But why? I prefer Pudding-Head. :sceptic:

If I ever see you touching pudding the same way you touch pigs, I'll call you Pudding-Head. :wink:

If I ever see you touching pudding the same way you touch pigs, I'll call you Pudding-Head. :wink:

Pudding is the best lover...moist and warm...

Anyone want some piggy pudding? :grin: Oink!

Because, scummy or not, those who are accused should always respond to accusations in a serious manner. I didn't think he'd do that so I took it onto myself to say it because I didn't want this to become today's lynch because of the misinterpretation of a word. I'm sorry if I spelled it out to him, but, judging by his first answer, he didn't get the reason why people found his statement odd.

You thought we'd all misinterpreted his one word? Let's go back and see.

Aye, I agree, his answer is crap, howe'er, I find the focus on his behavior to be somewhat misplaced.

Thus-far, having fought with and against him several times in glorious battle, I've noted that he makes strange comments like these. Since they often demonstrate confusion, or a lack of understanding as to his own position and that of others, they raise alarms in the townies, and provide fodder for those scummy (provided he's town himself.

Nothing about language there. Just crap about his "normal behavior".

I think you're backpedaling. Whether Bergulf is scum or not, I think there's more than a fair chance that you are.

Yes, better red then dead, but left to his own devices, he'd likely be the latter.

So, you have to do it for him, eh? It seems to Carl as if Bergulf has made a potentially fatal mistake (or several, as the case may be), so Danr has been tasked with helping Bergulf remove his foot from his oversized mouth. Knowing full well that Bergulf can't defend himself worth a damn, Danr has stepped in as a mouthpiece to protect his drunken comrade, deflect suspicion, and keep Bergulf from saying anything else to incriminate one or either of them. If this is the case, it may be safe to assume Danr knows Bergulf's true allegiance. Either they both serve under Loki and don't want to lose, or they're both loyal einherjar and Danr wants to save his foolish friend. Of course, if the latter be true, why would Danr care so much? As yet, Bergulf doesn't seem like the most useful einherjar to have around, drunken, idle fop that he is. In Carl's opinion, the former of the two possibilities is more likely, and thus, he shall...

You should not worry your head with such moral issues, my friend. There is absolutely no way for us loyal Einherjar to know who's Loki's Servant at this point, so nobody can be held accountable for a wrong lynch on this first day of our fiest.

While that is true, we should definitely be looking for patterns on Day 1. Just because we don't know anything, doesn't mean it's the same with the scum. And it's not, so there are people that need to be held accountable. Our cluelessness should not be an excuse for lynching a townie.

That being said, we do have to make the best informed decision. All of the points brought up against Danr have been valid. Maybe he is trying use previous legends as an excuse to play exactly like them, and maybe he is defending a townie on purpose. In any case, it is our best lead. And I do not do this lightly, but I must

Voting is one of our only weapons against the scum, and we must use it. Wasting the day without a lynch would be foolish, and even if we do lose an innocent townie in the process, we still gain information that can help us later.

I'll echo what others have said in saying that defending Bergulf so early on is awfully suspicious. It's behaviour I've seen elsewhere as well.

I urge everyone to read the entire conversation today, and then make a sound logical decision. We must vote

Adding to that, if Danr is a scumbag I call the skull.

Adding to that, if Danr is a scumbag I call the skull.

The hell you will! Carl shall take the skull for his one-man production of Hamlet!

Alas, poor Danr! I knew him, Ale-Lover, a fellow of infinite

votes, of most excellent scumtells. He hath made us question him a

thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination he is!

My gorge rises at it.

The hell you will! Carl shall take the skull for his one-man production of Hamlet!

You're going to make ham out of his skill? *huh*

I hope we are right in saying that by lynching Danr will learn us something. Majority vote, bah, bad concept.

vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

If we assume the first post was poor translation, I think a very different light can be shed on the situation. So he responded poorly. And that, ladies and gentlepigs, is classic behaviour from the person on the spotlight, no offense. I am leaning towards the idea that Bergruf is town and he is being accused with the help of some scum. The only problem for me is finding out who of the accusers are scum.

I can raise my boring, silver hand as the guy who started this. In the beginning I was curious about his words. I asked for clarification and a red flag rose with the time he took to actually respond to that. I can say his response explains his actions pretty well (though I'm not ready to let him off the hook). Anyway, it was my thought to continue this debate in order to see the reactions of other people, even if it's clear that it leads nowhere.

At this point, I think Danr is the best option for us to lynch today. My biggest motivation for this vote is that I was in a very similar situation in my past life, and I got away for some time. Maybe Danr here thought he could do better than I. Regardless, it was the village's mistake in letting me go for several days. Our curiosity/suspicions has been piqued and we should act on that right away. If Danr is a servant of Loki, I think it would be wise to lynch Bergulf tomorrow, since I doubt Danr would try my "defend the innocent" tactic here, so it may be a more serious defense of a fellow scum doing some damage control. If Danr is an Einherjar, then Bergulf should still be considered, but we'd also have some vote/reaction analyses to go on

I will boringly place my vote for Danr

Vote: Danr, the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

It really doesn't make sense to defend anyone today, if you have any valid reason to think he is not evil then I think you would have said something already. I'm not seeing anything in your defense of yourself that makes me think you are trying to help us at all, but more interested in saving yourself at this point. Add to that the fact that Bergulf seems to have gone quiet and disapeared as soon as the accusations against you started, well it makes me suspicious of you both even more, but since I can only place one vote, I think your result will give us a lot of info to look at tomorrow.

Due to the fact that he has failed to even make an appearance today, I will cast my vote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang). Not that I think you're a bad man, but your lack of concern worries me. I will gladly switch my vote if you speak up.

I don't doubt Danr's suspiciousness, heck even his going on and on about his exploits is more than annoying, but for now I would like to hear from Wilhalm. People are too quiet in this hall. Magnus, Sigmund, where are you blokes?

Look, I'm trying to play nice here, boy. But if you did not understand already, here is the thing, in the language they speak in the dutchlands, if you literally translated the guy's statement in that language, it makes more sense. You can't know, since you don't speak that language, my husband can probably agree with this, he speaks that language too. I don't like your tone, you talk about stuff you can't know anything about, don't do that, it makes you look like an idiot.

I do speak that language. My beautiful blond hair should have given some indication that I have ancestors from those lands. Don't assume what you don't know. Also, while Rurik hasn't denied what you've said, he hasn't exactly agreed with you, either. I can see both fairly easily.

Won't we also still wonder about Bergulf irrespective of Danr allegiance? If he's a Servant of Loki, he could be defending a fellow scum or trying to appear Einherjar by defending someone he knows to be innocent. If Danr is Einherjar after all, we know nothing about Bergulf. I simply think we should be looking at who's most suspicious.

I think that, before you started defending Bergulf, most of us were rightfully on the fence about his statements, as we simply have nothing to go on on Day 1. How can you be so sure it was a mistake and not a slip-up?

Now here is something interesting, too. After both of these comments, I was expecting Rurik to vote for Bergulf, yet he went with the group and voted for Danr.

Why in Valhalla should th' Dragon-slayer be defending Bergulf on thi' firs' day? It be seemin' li' the only true lead we be havin' today, so I'll go wi' my gu' and

Sorry if you're innocen' mate, bu' somethin' here just doesn't be lookin' righ'.

Sorry for how long it's taken me to respond. I didn't finish typing before I had to go do things.

I don't normally like making walls of text, but it would appear that everyone has voted for me in under five hours. I truly suck at being Town. :hmpf:

After carefully listening what each of you have said (well, as carefully as possible in between all this drinking and frolicking), I've deduced that the strongest case is against Danr the Dragon-Slayer. Like some of you have said, there is no reason to defend anyone if you're innocent on the first day - not even as subtly as he did. And I must admit that my decision is also affected that in his past life Danr was known as a crafty and cunning player in these sort of games. Just visit the Walhalla Library if you don't believe me - there's records of all of our past deeds there.

What? You say you can't read? I've always had the opinion that being a barbarian is no excuse for being illiteral. :sadnew:

With that being said, I shall cast my vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs).

While I'm truly flattered that you'd consider me crafty, I find it almost ludicrous that my actions have matched your definitions of crafty. There is reason to defend someone on day 1! What are you talking about? I didn't think his actions were scummy, but several of those who were talking at the moment did. I stated my beliefs, which were that I didn't think his actions were scummy. That's a defense. I can't believe that the act of defending someone is a scummy trope! Oh, wait, actually I do... It's how we got a poor soul named Eskallon killed in the Forest, and how we kept Sveinn alive so long.

And, yes, please people, be literal. Go look at the tomes and tell me how rashly I play as scum, and how frequently I stand out from the crowd.

:sceptic: You make good points here, but any of them could be defenses of slip-ups you didn't plan to be called out on. I've seen all sorts of plays from you, some very smart, some very hasty and poorly planned. It's possible you thought nobody would think you'd try the same tactic that worked, then failed in the Dark Forest or you thought the defense of Bergulf would seem very Townie since we all know Bergulf bumbles sometimes. This is all, admittedly, metagaming though. Scum have a tendency to defend each other early on. You don't want to lose one of your team mates on Day One. So perhaps this wasn't a thought of the Dark Forest tactic at all, but just Scum defending Scum.

And in how many of those Hasty and poorly planned plays have I been scum?

Apology accepted, and I really aught to apologize to the town for my play if I am, as it would appear, about to be voted off on day one.

My thoughts exactly. Like Pig-boy said, Danr could just be risking it and defending a townie. Most of the defenses Bergulf's made in his previous life seem to have been rather lackluster, not to mention day one slip-ups are a hard thing to recover from. It wouldn't surprise me if the scum saw it as an opportunity to make one of their own look townier, and, again, like Piggy said, if there was any scum that would take this risk - it'd be Danr. He's done it before:

Excuse me, what? Me taking a risk? The only reason I contacted you during the Excalibur Expedition was because we had already lost. Aside from that, I can't imagine what you'd mean. :sceptic:

Precisely. You've been stressing that about Bergulf. Repeatedly. Perfect person to defend, knowing he'll probably be lynched anyway, and use it as credibility later. Is it an obvious, scummy move? Whether you're actually scum or not, yes, it is. You've glued a target to your head, and it's Day One. Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

I know I've used my fair share of previously-failed strategies and used the defense of 'what kind of idiot would I be if I did that?'

The answer: a pretty big idiot. :sadnew:

I was trying to make sure he wasn't lynched any way! I don't want us to Lynch one of our own and waste our lynch! I suppose I have glued a target to my head by standing out against what I saw as bad-logic.

Well, speak for yourself. If it doesn't work the first time, it won't work the second. If it does work the first time--like lynching Bergulf--then there's no reason for the scum not to try again!

I honestly haven't got a clue why you're defending him or how you can be so sure about it was an honest mistake on Bergulf's part. I just know it makes you look most suspicious today.

Yes. Even if I do die, don't group my allegiance to his. I'm Town, but that doesn't mean he is. He could be, and I haven't seen anything incriminating in what he's said, but he very well might not be.

I don't think there was anything rightful about the bad analysis being used to judge his comments. That's why I spoke up. I don't know it was't a slip-up, but it doesn't look like one to me. His response was crappy too, but I expected that from him! I was frustrated that, as always, he'd be targeted first and killed, leaving us town at a disadvantage having wasted day one on someone we can all agree can't raise a strong case in his defense. I wanted it spent on more productive exploits.

I think you're backpedaling. Whether Bergulf is scum or not, I think there's more than a fair chance that you are.

His normal behavior describes his crappy response and his use of off-putting diction.

So, you have to do it for him, eh? It seems to Carl as if Bergulf has made a potentially fatal mistake (or several, as the case may be), so Danr has been tasked with helping Bergulf remove his foot from his oversized mouth. Knowing full well that Bergulf can't defend himself worth a damn, Danr has stepped in as a mouthpiece to protect his drunken comrade, deflect suspicion, and keep Bergulf from saying anything else to incriminate one or either of them. If this is the case, it may be safe to assume Danr knows Bergulf's true allegiance. Either they both serve under Loki and don't want to lose, or they're both loyal einherjar and Danr wants to save his foolish friend. Of course, if the latter be true, why would Danr care so much? As yet, Bergulf doesn't seem like the most useful einherjar to have around, drunken, idle fop that he is. In Carl's opinion, the former of the two possibilities is more likely, and thus, he shall...

I guess I did end up defending him, but I was really just explaining why I don't agree that what he said was scummy, and obviously I did a bad job at it.

Yes, kill me off. I'm more capable of arguing. Keep Bergulf around for tomorrow, or maybe the vig'll kill him, but you scum out there hope the vig doesn't kill him because he, as someone who'll be lynched easily, may just be better alive then dead so that you can kill him when you need an easy lynch. Now that I've presented myself as a potential Lynch, you'll vote me off to get me out of the way. It's best to kill those you can't normally kill over those you could kill with simple suggestions. :wink:

While that is true, we should definitely be looking for patterns on Day 1. Just because we don't know anything, doesn't mean it's the same with the scum. And it's not, so there are people that need to be held accountable. Our cluelessness should not be an excuse for lynching a townie.

That being said, we do have to make the best informed decision. All of the points brought up against Danr have been valid. Maybe he is trying use previous legends as an excuse to play exactly like them, and maybe he is defending a townie on purpose. In any case, it is our best lead. And I do not do this lightly, but I must

Voting is one of our only weapons against the scum, and we must use it. Wasting the day without a lynch would be foolish, and even if we do lose an innocent townie in the process, we still gain information that can help us later.

You're right, and when I show up town, I hope those of you who are also townies look at the accusations piling against me in your arguments and don't get swayed by those who say "Well, Danr was Town, but that doesn't prove Bergulf was town... come to think of it, those things he said before Danr got stupid and stood out for what he thought was right were really scummy! Let's Lynch him today!" And keep in mind that I said this because now if it happens it may be more subtle, or avoided like the plague. :laugh:

I hope we are right in saying that by lynching Danr will learn us something. Majority vote, bah, bad concept.

vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

Which explains why you're jumping on the bandwagon! I'm glad to see you do have your own thoughts, but are capable of suppressing them! Bah bah black-sheep...

I can raise my boring, silver hand as the guy who started this. In the beginning I was curious about his words. I asked for clarification and a red flag rose with the time he took to actually respond to that. I can say his response explains his actions pretty well (though I'm not ready to let him off the hook). Anyway, it was my thought to continue this debate in order to see the reactions of other people, even if it's clear that it leads nowhere.

At this point, I think Danr is the best option for us to lynch today. My biggest motivation for this vote is that I was in a very similar situation in my past life, and I got away for some time. Maybe Danr here thought he could do better than I. Regardless, it was the village's mistake in letting me go for several days. Our curiosity/suspicions has been piqued and we should act on that right away. If Danr is a servant of Loki, I think it would be wise to lynch Bergulf tomorrow, since I doubt Danr would try my "defend the innocent" tactic here, so it may be a more serious defense of a fellow scum doing some damage control. If Danr is an Einherjar, then Bergulf should still be considered, but we'd also have some vote/reaction analyses to go on

I will boringly place my vote for Danr

Vote: Danr, the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

Don't kid yourself, the thing you did on day one was a mistake, and one I'd hate to emulate! I don't think I could surf on the edge of a lynch for three or four days any better than you did, and I'd hate to try!

That said, the defend the innocent thing does make some sense, but if I were to do it as a scum, I'd be much less blatant. Also, I wouldn't openly defend a scum on day one! I'd coach him to form a strong argument and point out the invalidity of the arguments made.

It really doesn't make sense to defend anyone today, if you have any valid reason to think he is not evil then I think you would have said something already. I'm not seeing anything in your defense of yourself that makes me think you are trying to help us at all, but more interested in saving yourself at this point. Add to that the fact that Bergulf seems to have gone quiet and disapeared as soon as the accusations against you started, well it makes me suspicious of you both even more, but since I can only place one vote, I think your result will give us a lot of info to look at tomorrow.

Read above, yes there are reasons to "defend" on day one, and most of them don't involve knowing anything. Secondly, I only think his statements aren't scummy, not that he's not scum, nor that he's town.

*snip*

Wow! someone who didn't vote for me. That's odd.

Ragnar was impressed with his fellow warriors. It was only halfway into the day, and they had already learned the fine art of accusing people.

"He's got a British accent! Disgusting! Get him!" One warrior acutely pointed out

"He's defending someone with a British accent! Rip out his innards!" Another observed.

IMG_0254.jpg

Ragnar raised his arms, "my brothers, silence! I have an announcement to make."

The noise died down and Ragnar cleared his throat to speak.

IMG_0256.jpg

But he was interrupted by a loud crunching that echoed through the hall. All the warriors looked around to see where it was coming from...

IMG_0262.jpg

Magnus (MaskedBuilder) was sitting in the corner, oblivious to the goings-on around him, munching on some lovely almonds.

"Yar har harr harrrr! I loves me some almonds!" He said to himself. He turned to his pet parrot, "how about you, Agnus, do you love almonds? I love almonds."

IMG_0263.jpg

Ignoring him, Ragnar began to speak, "So far twelve of you have voted for Danr the Dragon-Slayer. With twenty-six players of you left, we need a majority vote of fourteen-"

IMG_0270.jpg

Suddenly a loud spluttering came from the corner of the room. The einherjar turned around again to find Magnus clutching at his throat, having swallowed an almond the wrong way. Unfortunately the heimlich manoeuvre hadn't been invented yet, so instead of helping him, the rest of the company curiously watched. Eventually Magnus collapsed dead. He was a Loyal Einherjar.

IMG_0266.jpg

"Sorry, there are twenty-five of you left," Ragnar corrected himself, "thirteen votes are required for a majority..."

IMG_0269.jpg

Vote Count

Bergulf (badboytje88): 1 vote (Etzel)

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs): 12 votes(Hinckley, Sandy, CallMePie, Rick, CorneliusMurdock, Capt. Redblade, JimButcher, Bob, Scubacarrot, Scouty, DarkDragon, Sisco)

Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang): 1 vote Palathadric)

With 25 players left, a majority of 13 is required to lynch. There are 28 hours left in the day.

Mod Note: WhiteFang is currently overseas, but should be back by Saturday night to post.

I'm just waking up from my traditional midday drunken stupor and see that a case has been laid out. The reasons have been said well by the fellows before me, primarily the fact that any first day defense is either the work of scum or a fool, neither of which I can abide.

Added: Well, that was dramatic timing. Let's hope the lynch is better than the almonds around here. *huh*

:hmpf: If you can't eat an almond the right way you shouldn't be putting one in your mouth.

Due to the fact that he has failed to even make an appearance today, I will cast my vote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang). Not that I think you're a bad man, but your lack of concern worries me. I will gladly switch my vote if you speak up.

I don't doubt Danr's suspiciousness, heck even his going on and on about his exploits is more than annoying, but for now I would like to hear from Wilhalm. People are too quiet in this hall. Magnus, Sigmund, where are you blokes?

Arguably I am one of the quiet ones. Days of Saturn and Sun seem to be shorter.

Anyway. Task at hand. There's a lot of too and fro. I have listened to what has been said.

I have no solid info, but one vote on someone is no pressure at all, so I. Order to be helpful, I will vote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang) also. Let's hear from him.

PAGE 6

:hmpf: If you can't eat an almond the right way you shouldn't be putting one in your mouth.

I think he was trying to eat too many at once. A valuable lesson for all of you, if you can't handle one, don't even think of trying two at once. I learned that once with Valkyrie twins in Gamla Uppsala. :look:

Gah, looks like I'm a little late to the lynching party.

I'm not going to waste your time repeating what has already been said and we'll soon know the true allegiance of Danr.

In my opinion, Wilhalm has been far too quiet during this and I for one would like to hear him speak up. Vote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang). I don't have anything against you Wilhalm, I just want to hear what you have to say (anyways, it's not as if my vote is going to condemn you).

Almonds- the silent killer. Er, wait. That was kinda loud with all the flailing around on the floor. But I guess the almonds themselves were silent so the statement holds true. :laugh:

All this death really harshes my mellow. I wish those stupid traitors hadn't taken the boar. The we could all fight and stuff again. And then eat. I'm starving. Maybe some more special blend will help...

I can't really say your defense has convinced me, Danr. And since you're sinking, you try to pull Bergulf under with you?

Yes. Even if I do die, don't group my allegiance to his. I'm Town, but that doesn't mean he is. He could be, and I haven't seen anything incriminating in what he's said, but he very well might not be.

I don't think there was anything rightful about the bad analysis being used to judge his comments. That's why I spoke up. I don't know it was't a slip-up, but it doesn't look like one to me. His response was crappy too, but I expected that from him! I was frustrated that, as always, he'd be targeted first and killed, leaving us town at a disadvantage having wasted day one on someone we can all agree can't raise a strong case in his defense. I wanted it spent on more productive exploits.

Wait. You do want us to lynch him or not? Dude, stop stealing my special blend. Get your own.

Keep Bergulf around for tomorrow, or maybe the vig'll kill him, but you scum out there hope the vig doesn't kill him because he, as someone who'll be lynched easily, may just be better alive then dead so that you can kill him when you need an easy lynch. Now that I've presented myself as a potential Lynch, you'll vote me off to get me out of the way.

Dude. Huh? I'm really confused as to your intentions. You keep saying how you think Bergulf just doesn't strike you as scummy but that he's an easy lynch because he acts so scummy. You're flailing around more than that dude that ate too many almonds.

I think he was trying to eat too many at once. A valuable lesson for all of you, if you can't handle one, don't even think of trying two at once. I learned that once with Valkyrie twins in Gamla Uppsala. :look:

And if you've had trouble chewing on the last few you've eaten, definitely don't put two in your mouth at once. Almond advice, very important.

Mod Note: WhiteFang is currently overseas, but should be back by Saturday night to post.

In my opinion, Wilhalm has been far too quiet during this and I for one would like to hear him speak up. Vote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang). I don't have anything against you Wilhalm, I just want to hear what you have to say (anyways, it's not as if my vote is going to condemn you).

Um, hello? :sceptic:

And if you've had trouble chewing on the last few you've eaten, definitely don't put two in your mouth at once. Almond advice, very important.

Arguably I am one of the quiet ones. Days of Saturn and Sun seem to be shorter.

Anyway. Task at hand. There's a lot of too and fro. I have listened to what has been said.

I have no solid info, but one vote on someone is no pressure at all, so I. Order to be helpful, I will vote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang) also. Let's hear from him.

You too. :sceptic:

Life is like a box of almonds.......no......no, that doesn't have any relevance whatsoever.....oh well.

Pecan, anyone?

Don't kid yourself, the thing you did on day one was a mistake, and one I'd hate to emulate! I don't think I could surf on the edge of a lynch for three or four days any better than you did, and I'd hate to try!

That said, the defend the innocent thing does make some sense, but if I were to do it as a scum, I'd be much less blatant. Also, I wouldn't openly defend a scum on day one! I'd coach him to form a strong argument and point out the invalidity of the arguments made.

Right, which is why I don't think you would do such a foolish thing. Still, it is possible that you did have to come out to defend him after his lackluster replies to our questions. Maybe you hoped that you were so obvious, it'd almost rule you out (which seems like a risk that could work to save one of your friends on Day one). You'd have to come out to defend your fellow, so instead of doing it subtly, you do the opposite and go the extreme. Maybe you thought the case against Bergulf was so weak that it wouldn't stand, so you tried to help it die and that would be the end of that. Little fuss. A lot of possibilities (and I'm certainly making a lot of hypotheticals), including options where you're einherjar, but any position as an einherjar makes much less sense to me of your behavior than you as a servant of Loki...

Almond blueberry... the cereal killer.

*Budum tsss*

Vote Count

Bergulf (badboytje88): 1 vote (Etzel)

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs): 13 votes(Hinckley, Sandy, CallMePie, Rick, CorneliusMurdock, Capt. Redblade, JimButcher, Bob, Scubacarrot, Scouty, DarkDragon, Sisco, Shadows)

Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang): 3 votes (Palathadric, Chromeknight, Captain Genaro)

With 25 players left, a majority of 13 is required to lynch. There are 24 hours left in the day.

Owww my head. Pineapple Schnapps is better breakfast than late night snack.

I remember a story about someone defending someone else the first day of a contest where only the evil ones knew who were friends and who were foes. As a matter of fact, I specifically recall the one doing the defending was an evil one. This was not long ago, and it is fresh in my mind, it all feels so real, like I was there myself.

Now, I see Danr doing the same thing. It makes no sense that he should be defending Berguf so on this first day, unless he knows something the rest of us do not.

Also as a matter of fact, the other one of those two was a good guy. Just saying...

While this is quite possible, why not get the rest of the Loki followers in on the action? Surely 4, 5, or 6 Loki followers spurtin' subtle messages in defense of their brother Bergulf would be more effective than just a singular Danr standin' up for him. As a warrior who has often strove to see the best in people, I can say that I have stood in Danr's shoes before. Yes, you want to find the evil in your midst, but if somethin' doesn't sit well with you, like the accusation against Bergulf and you think people are going off in the wrong direction, then it's your duty to say somethin' about it. Honestly Danr's behavior has struck me as consistent with past fights I've had with him. However, there has been a lot of conversation around him and with him, statements and conversation that could potentially prove useful in the future. I am as of yet undecided whether the benefit of having so many thoughts and statements confirmed by Danr's allegiance is worth lynching a warrior I do not yet see as guilty.

unvote:William bloodaxe

I missed the mod note because I started my speaking before Ragnar spoke. So did not hear him until just now.

Since there is now no other candidate;

vote:Danr the dragon-slayer(dannylonglegs)

:oh: Almonds? Was Magnus punished by Odin for not speaking up?

While this is quite possible, why not get the rest of the Loki followers in on the action? Surely 4, 5, or 6 Loki followers spurtin' subtle messages in defense of their brother Bergulf would be more effective than just a singular Danr standin' up for him.

I have been wondering about Danr's behaviour. Assuming Bergulf is scum, I can't well imagine the Servants of Loki asking Danr to step up and help Bergulf wiggle his way out of trouble. I would imagine that the rule in those situations is that scum should keep from defending one of their own -- because if the lynch goes through anyway, they will be the next to be pointed fingers at. So what are the options:

Bergulf and Danr are both scum: It is unlikely in my opinion that Danr would put himself at risk in order to save Bergulf -- more likely that scum would have tried to shift the focus to someone else instead. Unless this was an impulsive reaction of Danr's that wasn't discussed with his group first. Then we have Bergulf quickly pointing fingers at Danr in response to the latter's defence, which is a normal reaction regardless of Bergulf's allegiance. :sceptic:

Bergulf is Einherjar, Danr is scum: Even less likely. Defending a townie without any sort of proof is really not a good strategy for scum. It's risky and it doesn't prove anything. Did you ever hear anyone saying: "Oh, he was defending a townie so he can't be scum?"

Bergulf is scum, Danr is Einherjar: Possible, but the evidence for Bergulf's scumminess is slim.

Bergulf and Danr are Einherjar: Also possible.

So for Danr to be scum, he must have acted impulsively without advice from his group. Given that I have heard Danr is his previous life was very mindful of his fellows' advice, I doubt that he would have come up with this sort of plan to save Bergulf or make himself look innocent.

I am not sure about this vote and chances are that we are lynching a loyal member of Einherjar. But I too will Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs). If you turn out to be a member of Einherjar, I will probably pay the price tomorrow.

I've listened carefully to what everyone has had to say. It seems with the current numbers a majority has already been reached and the votes for Danr appear to be piling up quite quickly. Danr himself has given lengthy explanations regarding his behaviour, while Bergulf has slinked away without answering his original charges satisfactorily (aside from just now voting for Danr while I'm speaking). That said, Pig-boy did seem happy to explain away Bergulf's idiotic and potentially scummy behaviour, albeit couched in questions, and Rurik has also made a comment about Bergulf's native tongue stating that he 'should have chosen his words more carefully' before promptly voting for Danr.

It seems we have a lynch, but my view currently is that Bergulf and Danr are both fools, and Bergulf seems the scummier of the two.

Thus I Vote: Bergulf (badboytje88)

Am I late for the feast? Hey there, I just saw my name in the potential lynching list... There are tons of matters for me to digest in this talk of the day! I think Day 1 is coming to an end of this and there is absolutely no way that I can contribute much of this at the moment, especially when I need to start understanding the current conflicts among you people!

How about you just go back to making pig noises? :tongue:

I was so focused on Magnus dying that I didn't even hear the news about Wilhelm. Although my vote is solely symbolic at this point, I will Unvote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang) and Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs).

Wait. You do want us to lynch him or not? Dude, stop stealing my special blend. Get your own.

Dude. Huh? I'm really confused as to your intentions. You keep saying how you think Bergulf just doesn't strike you as scummy but that he's an easy lynch because he acts so scummy. You're flailing around more than that dude that ate too many almonds.

I'm sorry for that little tirade addressing the scum, what I mean is, We, the town, shouldn't loose our members over silly things, even if it's day one. They, the scum, find individuals such as Bergulf, who just don't survive lynches, a useful pawn if they need a lynch and don't want one of their own to die: today was a day wherein they'd find such a pawn useful, but now they've got me instead. Lucky them.

*snip*

So for Danr to be scum, he must have acted impulsively without advice from his group. Given that I have heard Danr is his previous life was very mindful of his fellows' advice, I doubt that he would have come up with this sort of plan to save Bergulf or make himself look innocent.

Thank you, I see someone here is literate.

unvote:William bloodaxe

I missed the mod note because I started my speaking before Ragnar spoke. So did not hear him until just now.

Since there is now no other candidate;

vote:Danr the dragon-slayer(dannylonglegs)

I love you too sweety! :classic: I was wondering what you were doing with that poor absent man, but now I'm glad to see you've decided switch your vote. :sarcasm: What was the point of targeting William again?

I am not sure about this vote and chances are that we are lynching a loyal member of Einherjar. But I too will Vote: Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs). If you turn out to be a member of Einherjar, I will probably pay the price tomorrow.

Let me spoil the surprise for you: You are, and I will, and it's quite possible you will too. Killing me proves nothing about your affiliation, and one of these days, unless you're scum, the scum'll use you to get a lynch, or to convince the vig to kill a Townie. :sceptic:

Honestly at this point I'm shocked so many of you think it's even possible that I'm scum! Everyone has voted for me! There hasn't been an attempt to split the vote, there haven't been several people who are on the fence about me. Really, if I was scum, the scum'd probably be advocating Bergulf right now, and it'd be closer to half and half, because the scum love to set up the next day's lynch even if they can't save me. Also, If I was scum and I'd have made a solid argument against literally anyone who's not scum (preferably someone who wouldn't be a total pain to argue with) I might have had a chance to survive. We don't know who's Town or not, so we need to be careful. Maybe that's not as practical as I thought on day one. Screw logic, let's kill someone! We need death for the death gods! We won't know a thing until we kill anyone! Anyone at all! His hair sucks! Death to the bad-hair! I'm really disappointed in all of you, and myself as well for getting in this bloody mess. I just hope my death'll help the Town actually analyze the arguments that have been made with the knowledge that I'm Town.

I unvote: Wilhalm Bloodaxe (Whitefang). Sorry, mate, I didn't realize that you weren't around. I thought you were snoozing off while we had the death of so many of our fellows looming over us.

More to come...

Well Danr, I'm afraid that if you turn out to be innocent, there won't be much to be said about today. :sceptic: Those who pushed for your death could be innocent as well, Bergulf could be anything and his slip may or may not be telling. I'm not sure that we would be in a better position than we are today, unless the night brings us some vital information. How do you suggest that the arguments made today should be interpreted, assuming that you're Town? There still time for you to help us if you really are who you say you are.

I don't think it's impossible for such a situation to have happened, but I must admit I have my doubts. This vote is looking more and more wrong to me as it continues, but I'm having trouble finding an alternative, and not accomplishing a lynch is bad, it'd only leave us speculation. I'm less convinced of Danr's scumminess, but I don't want to "let that one fish get away". Do we vote for Bergulf instead and hopefully somebody can find somebody to trust to tell any information they find about Danr? Or do we vote for somebody else who, among this, has raised suspicion or acted the part of the "lowly" scum? We have some time to still turn things around, but not much.

As I stated earlier, I've seen it in the past where Scum take the risk of defending each other because it's the first day, and before voting starts. They take the risk because it's early and they want to err on the side of swaying attention away from their teammate. And yes, to metagame, I've seen Danr do both: wait a long time to hear feedback and just move forward with a plan or idea, even if it is a bad one.

That said, Pig-boy did seem happy to explain away Bergulf's idiotic and potentially scummy behaviour,

Perhaps you've read my response too hastily (and yes, I'm aware I'm now responding to pig-boy, :blush:)

Considering what Snotra said about the translation of the first and second person verb tense, this makes a lot more sense. I am less inclined to be concerned about the original statement. Although, in English, that type of slip is a huge thing to watch out for. The Scum have separated the game in their minds into us vs them. The brain has trouble separating this sort of things and comes out when people's defenses are down and we're joking around. This is the more likely slip-up we will catch. Some of the more blatant troubling statements (As we've seen in the past, like the battle where someone sent someone else a joke PM about being Scum and threatening to kill that person at night) are rarely made by Scum.

The initial responses to the accusations are troubling, though. It really does seem that Bergulf was drunk and didn't answer to the accusation until he slept it off. Danr is right. This is typical of Bergulf as we've seen in battle before. But, why that lag in nonsense defense vs real defense? Was he seeking advice? Why would he flounder before getting the better advice as opposed to just waiting? His original responses were blatantly Scummy or not helpful. I don't think Scum would be this sloppy as to be so flippant about an accusation. What he's said since then is a more sound defense. It's still troubling that we saw two defenses from him? Did he decide to go for the more sound defense when joking it off didn't work? :look: And if so, does would that be his defense no matter which side he's on? :wacko: Was he actually drunk?

Nowhere do I explain Bergulf's behavior away. I still think his behavior is concerning, even for him. Particularly the timing between his "brush-off" defense and his "real" defense. Furthermore, as others have pointed out, he has mostly disappeared since voting started which also doesn't inspire confidence.

Oink oink oink!

I do understand where you're coming from here, Danr. It can be frustrating when a day one lynch goes away on a person can't defend himself well against accusatory fingers. I've been there before, as town, defending those who were under pressure whom I felt weren't scum, and also being the one to lead myself to an early lynching, but before one does such a thing they have to be aware that fingers will be pointed at them. Sometimes it is best to just "waste" the lynch otherwise the question will always be hanging over everyone's mind: Scum or dumb? Scum or dumb?

Yes, kill me off. I'm more capable of arguing. Keep Bergulf around for tomorrow, or maybe the vig'll kill him, but you scum out there hope the vig doesn't kill him because he, as someone who'll be lynched easily, may just be better alive then dead so that you can kill him when you need an easy lynch. Now that I've presented myself as a potential Lynch, you'll vote me off to get me out of the way. It's best to kill those you can't normally kill over those you could kill with simple suggestions. :wink:

I don't understand this. Are you trying to tip the scum off as to what they should do? Or are you trying to tell the vig to kill Bergulf? Who exactly are you trying to help by saying this, I wonder.

I have to agree with you on this point. For scum to "use a strategy" of defending a town in order to clear themselves is, frankly, ridiculous, unless one is a really :wacko: scum. Danr was blatant in his defending of Bergulf, and I don't think a scum would react like that, but would be more subtle so that people will clear him subconsciously rather than knowingly.

In the end, I have to see if I will go by my head or my gut. My head says Danr is scum, my gut tells me the opposite is true. I don't know for certain which to follow. But one thing I would like to ask of you, Danr, you claim that you desired to defend Bergulf, so that today's lynch would not be wasted on him. Well, then do you have anyone else who you would like to bring up as a better candidate for lynching? You have not voted yet. Why is that? How could you have been "wasting a lynch" on Bergulf, if you end up not voting at all. :wacko:

Personally, I greatly detest the way Bergulf is slipping by now and staying low-key and not helping. Therefore, and also since Danr already has a majority against him, I will vote: Bergulf (badboytje88). At least your scumminess is something that both my head and my gut can agree on somewhat.

Now I feel the need to stuff this gut of mine.

I have to say that my eyebrows are also raised towards Gerrid and Cranebeinn who followed me in my desire to vote for Wilhalm Bloodaxe. They both voted after Ragnar himself told us that Wilhalm was not around. Of course, the more likely explanation is that they didn't hear what Ragnar said, but it's possible that they did and, realizing that he was not around to defend himself, hoped to build up some pressure against him in an attempt to get a lynch against him going without his being able to respond.

It's not a great argument, but it's something...

And our dear Bergulf has just appeared and disappeared once again after, surely, he must have seen the two votes recently placed against him. Nothing to say. No serious explanation for your voting for Danr and no thanks for his sticking out his neck to save your sorry one? *huh*

Don't get me wrong, it's not that Danr is a whole lot less suspicious than you. But your sneakiness is laziness is worth noting. :angry:

Bergulf is Einherjar, Danr is scum: Even less likely. Defending a townie without any sort of proof is really not a good strategy for scum. It's risky and it doesn't prove anything. Did you ever hear anyone saying: "Oh, he was defending a townie so he can't be scum?"

Actually, yes. Have you forgotten about the legend of the Black Forest already? We did end up lynching the scum who defended the townie eventually, but it did serve him well for at least a little while. And as said before, maybe Danr is using reverse psychology on us by predicting that we'd assume that he wouldn't try the same strategy.

Yet, the points that you, Gofraid, and several others are making sense. I agree with Sveinn; I too am feeling less confident about this lynch. But he also brings up another good point: do we really want this one to be "the one that got away"? And will we be able to switch a vote to Bergulf quickly enough? The last thing we want is a split vote and no lynch at all, which would give us less than an innocent result on Danr.

And actually, I feel even less confident about voting for Bergulf. His actions are pretty typical compared to his past fights, but more importantly, don't you think a follower of Loki would try to defend himself? Maybe he is trying to avoid conflict, but obviously, there are people voting for him. Why is he not speaking up?

I'm sorry for that little tirade addressing the scum, what I mean is, We, the town, shouldn't loose our members over silly things, even if it's day one. They, the scum, find individuals such as Bergulf, who just don't survive lynches, a useful pawn if they need a lynch and don't want one of their own to die: today was a day wherein they'd find such a pawn useful, but now they've got me instead. Lucky them.

Then who do you think is a Servant of Loki and was pushing for lynching Bergulf or you?

Well Danr, I'm afraid that if you turn out to be innocent, there won't be much to be said about today. :sceptic: Those who pushed for your death could be innocent as well, Bergulf could be anything and his slip may or may not be telling. I'm not sure that we would be in a better position than we are today, unless the night brings us some vital information. How do you suggest that the arguments made today should be interpreted, assuming that you're Town? There still time for you to help us if you really are who you say you are.

I agree, but what do we do then? Don't vote for anybody? Unfortunately, it's true that we usually don't learn a lot if someone turns out to be innocent. Any other target we pick is likely to be innocent just because we - hopefully - vastly outnumber the Servants right now.

I don't think it's impossible for such a situation to have happened, but I must admit I have my doubts. This vote is looking more and more wrong to me as it continues, but I'm having trouble finding an alternative, and not accomplishing a lynch is bad, it'd only leave us speculation. I'm less convinced of Danr's scumminess, but I don't want to "let that one fish get away". Do we vote for Bergulf instead and hopefully somebody can find somebody to trust to tell any information they find about Danr? Or do we vote for somebody else who, among this, has raised suspicion or acted the part of the "lowly" scum? We have some time to still turn things around, but not much.

The speed at which the votes were piling up is worrying, but with such a big crowd left alive it doesn't even mean the Servants are quickly hopping on the bandwagon against Danr.

So you're suggesting we save Danr and lynch Bergulf? If the Servants of Loki have the power to frame people at night and Danr is innocent, he would make an ideal target the coming night. The same can be said about Bergulf if he survives today.

Hoy! This discussion is starting to give me my beautiful blonde hair split ends, and that's never good!

I don't have a strong preference one way or the other if we lynch either Danr or Bergulf. I think it's likely that at least one of them is scum, although I recognize the possibility that neither are. Bergulf is someone who I would expect to try to reduce suspicions against himself by getting quiet and hoping something better takes the attention away from him, so his behavior is consistent with that.

For now, I'm going to Vote: Cranebeinn (Chromeknight). I don't like the lack of attention he's paying and his recent vote looked like a hardly thought out, I need to correct my vote but don't want to put any real thought effort into it type of move.

I will be back before the end of the day, and if it looks like the vote is being split between Danr and Bergulf and we need another vote to seal a lynch, I don't have any problem going with the majority to get that done. In the meantime, I want to hear a bit more from Cranebeinn.

Perhaps you've read my response too hastily (and yes, I'm aware I'm now responding to pig-boy, :blush:)

Nowhere do I explain Bergulf's behavior away. I still think his behavior is concerning, even for him. Particularly the timing between his "brush-off" defense and his "real" defense. Furthermore, as others have pointed out, he has mostly disappeared since voting started which also doesn't inspire confidence.

Oink oink oink!

No, I really did hear you quite clearly the first time, and somewhere on the list after concocting new and unusual drugs, and torching entire cities, one of the thing's I'm good at is listening to what people say.

Repeating most of your speech only further illustrates the number of questions in it, so it's good to hear you clarify slightly and say Bergulf's behaviour is 'concerning', although it really did sound to me that you were shrugging off this 'concerning' behaviour.

I am now further confused. In your speech you said that "What he's said since then is a more sound defense" and yet just now you say quite the opposite. Help me out here, do you find him scummy or not?

PAGE 7

I am now further confused. In your speech you said that "What he's said since then is a more sound defense" and yet just now you say quite the opposite. Help me out here, do you find him scummy or not?

The fact that his first defense was shrugging off the accusation and his second defense was more solid could indicate he had some coaching in the iterim. What caused him to go from the goofy defense of making more jokes and blowing off the accusations to taking it seriously and making a more sound defense? Was the Scum team unavailable for help during his first attempt at a defense? Are they hampered by time zones? Did his defense improve because they all woke up and saw what was going on and gave him some advice? The same could be said of either of them. Either one or both of them could have made slip-ups and had to move forward with better advice from teammates.

The fact that his first defense was shrugging off the accusation and his second defense was more solid could indicate he had some coaching in the iterim.

Sorry, what was Bergulf's more solid second defense? I fear I am missing something.

Sorry, what was Bergulf's more solid second defense? I fear I am missing something.

He stopped shrugging it off and was engaged as opposed to being flippant.

He stopped shrugging it off and was engaged as opposed to being flippant.

Oh, I see. I'd disagree with you there.

Apparently, so would you:

Furthermore, as others have pointed out, he has mostly disappeared since voting started which also doesn't inspire confidence.

Oink oink oink!

Oh, I see. I'd disagree with you there.

Apparently, so would you:

:laugh: Are you saying everything you want to say, Petrus?

Bergulf responded to the accusations from me and Sveinn by being flippant and joking it off. When he was asked for more confidence and came back claiming to have been under the influence of ale, he was more engaged, at that time. He gave a second defense that was more engaged compared to his first couple of jokes. Since the voting swayed towards Danr, he has mostly disappeared. Bergulf was flippant, engaged and is now disengaged. Each of my comments came after each of his subsequent phases of behavior. Yes, his behavior seems Scummy. Would Danr have behaved the same way if the vote would've swayed towards Bergulf?

Yes, his behavior seems Scummy. Would Danr have behaved the same way if the vote would've swayed towards Bergulf?

I have absolutely no idea how Danr would have behaved, is that pertinent?

Danr is right. This is typical of Bergulf as we've seen in battle before.

You agree with Danr's assessment of Bergulf (at that point, I accept that opinions do change) but it was with the same breath that you voted for Danr, despite sharing the same opinion.

I'm just making sure I hear every single one of your words clearly, as you were concerned I may have listened too hastily.

I have absolutely no idea how Danr would have behaved, is that pertinent?

You agree with Danr's assessment of Bergulf (at that point, I accept that opinions do change) but it was with the same breath that you voted for Danr, despite sharing the same opinion.

I'm just making sure I hear every single one of your words clearly, as you were concerned I may have listened too hastily.

That sentence you’ve pulled out of context isn’t even in the same paragraph as my vote for Danr, let alone the same “breath”. Danr is right about Bergulf’s behavior. As I ask in the sentence you quoted, why were the two defenses from Bergulf present? The first one being typical, the second one so different from his first. It seems I’ve already explained that recently. Besides, I doubt Danr would use a defense for Bergulf that didn’t have a ring of truth in it. Danr can be right and Scum at the same time. :wacko:

I’m starting to wonder why you’re blatantly pulling my statements out of context. :look:

Man I love almonds, so manly! :laugh: Clearly he wasn't man enough to handle them. I find Bergulf's little slip there to be an interesting thing to note, but perhaps not telling until we have made further observations. However, Danr's defensive behaviour is very odd, and deserving of a first day lynch in my manly view.

That sentence you’ve pulled out of context isn’t even in the same paragraph as my vote for Danr, let alone the same “breath”.

It isn't out of context and anyone can go back and see that that's the case, and I apologise, by same "breath" I meant same post, which it was. It seems I was being too metaphorical.

I’m starting to wonder why you’re blatantly pulling my statements out of context. :look:

Again, I'm not, anyone can check. You were concerned I hadn't listened to you carefully enough (or had read too quickly), and I'm just trying to make sure I am crystal clear about your views and opinions. :sweet:

Don't read this unless you are willing to accept you may be wrong, and may be willing to act on it. It's pretty big, so I don't want you wasting your time. Sorry. :sceptic:

As I stated earlier, I've seen it in the past where Scum take the risk of defending each other because it's the first day, and before voting starts. They take the risk because it's early and they want to err on the side of swaying attention away from their teammate. And yes, to metagame, I've seen Danr do both: wait a long time to hear feedback and just move forward with a plan or idea, even if it is a bad one.

Hmm, well, I'd like to hear more about those ideas of mine you considered to be bad, which I went with any way, but that's just for my own edification. Regardless, I'd say that even if my ideas are bad, when I'm scum, I like to stick with the pack, follow the herd so to speak. Yes, I make comments which differ from those of the crowd now and then, but never this blatant. I like to play safe and make my manipulations subtle. I don't want to stick out from the crowd as a scum. It's not safe. When I'm town, I don't mind sticking out quite as much because I have a greater sense of self-security, and less of a need to hide my actual opinions, whether or not they differ from those of the crowd. Obviously, this is a bad tactic. Anyone who says anything original is scum! Lynch all thinkers! And as for the amount of time it takes me to post, Since the Forest Expedition ended I've filled up my schedule with work, and I'm still transitioning back into the time-intensive Mafia schedule. I have people who rely on me to understand Alchemical processes (yes, I dabble in some science on the side of killing and pillaging, and tutor those who have trouble understanding.) I know for a fact that it takes me roughly an hour to form a well thought out response to events, regardless of my affiliation.

Thank you, I hope you realize it sooner than later. The "fish that got away" point is a good one, I guess. The Town really should have killed you in the Forest, and I find it difficult arguing against such a point that I would likely make if I was in your position. Why shouldn't you kill me. Why shouldn't you know for sure that I'm innocent and spend the rest of the game guessing. How can I even help at this point if I'm spending the entirety of my time replying to accusations? You shouldn't kill me, because I am Town. If you keep killing Townies just because someone has to die, then we'll lose. Should we kill a Townie as opposed to no one at all or a more confusing bloke? This really is a good question. Should I stay or should I go. I, personally, would prefer not to die. I want to figure out how to play Townie without dying on the first day/night like I did during the second Excalibur Quest. But, at the same time, my not dying deprives the Town, no longer including me directly, of the knowledge that I am innocent. Why should I deprive my team of that? I think it comes down to numbers. Even an un-helpful, foolish Townie, who can't help but stand out from the crowd, is one more Townie in the way of our enemies. Right now, if it's me or no one, then no one's the best way to go because if we kill a townie, then there'll be one more no one to fight against the scum.

That's just why we shouldn't kill me. As I've stated explicitly, several times, I have no clue whether or not Berger is scum. I just don't believe the two comments he made before I began arguing on his behalf were "scum-tells." (I hate that word.) It's a valid point that the defense he formed later was more thought out, and somewhat abnormal for him. It could be that it's because his scum team devised it for him. It could also be that he read what I had written and decided to use that as an excuse. I'd like to argue that the theory that we're both scum really makes no sense. Why would I say in public what I could in private and not just make a statement like the one Snotra made, stating I found his comment weird, but not suspicious. that would ease everything over. Instead I openly called bull on the argument, and by doing so inspired almost everybody to imagine my head on a stake. What incentive does a scum have to draw attention to itself? And don't give me that reverse psychology bull-shit. I haven't seen a reverse psychology play ever work, nor would I like to try and change that.

No, there would not be. the best you could do when I'm dead is to look at the voting patterns of those targeting me. The Scum will likely hide in the early middle of the bandwagon, because it's nice and cushy there, and they don't focused on as much. Of course there are time-zones to look at too and many other variables, and probably a couple of scum who didn't vote for me... at least not at first, but the scum don't like to be the only one saying something, or at least I don't when I'm scum. They're not likely to be the only ones accusing someone at a time. The ones who seem to make a point of not sticking out are those who should stick out. If there are about two or three or so people saying something, that's when the scum'll start saying the same thing. I'd look now, but I must contest several more arguments before I actually can help. It takes time. time I don't have when I'm fighting for my life.

Actually, yes. Have you forgotten about the legend of the Black Forest already? We did end up lynching the scum who defended the townie eventually, but it did serve him well for at least a little while. And as said before, maybe Danr is using reverse psychology on us by predicting that we'd assume that he wouldn't try the same strategy.

Yet, the points that you, Gofraid, and several others are making sense. I agree with Sveinn; I too am feeling less confident about this lynch. But he also brings up another good point: do we really want this one to be "the one that got away"? And will we be able to switch a vote to Bergulf quickly enough? The last thing we want is a split vote and no lynch at all, which would give us less than an innocent result on Danr.

And actually, I feel even less confident about voting for Bergulf. His actions are pretty typical compared to his past fights, but more importantly, don't you think a follower of Loki would try to defend himself? Maybe he is trying to avoid conflict, but obviously, there are people voting for him. Why is he not speaking up?

Bloody reverse psychology! What you're saying doesn't even make sense! that's not how an actually feasible reverse psychology argument even works!

Man I love almonds, so manly! :laugh: Clearly he wasn't man enough to handle them. I find Bergulf's little slip there to be an interesting thing to note, but perhaps not telling until we have made further observations. However, Danr's defensive behaviour is very odd, and deserving of a first day lynch in my manly view.

I'd argue with you but you don't seem to have much of an argument at all. At least not one that I haven't contended numerous times.

I do understand where you're coming from here, Danr. It can be frustrating when a day one lynch goes away on a person can't defend himself well against accusatory fingers. I've been there before, as town, defending those who were under pressure whom I felt weren't scum, and also being the one to lead myself to an early lynching, but before one does such a thing they have to be aware that fingers will be pointed at them. Sometimes it is best to just "waste" the lynch otherwise the question will always be hanging over everyone's mind: Scum or dumb? Scum or dumb?

I don't understand this. Are you trying to tip the scum off as to what they should do? Or are you trying to tell the vig to kill Bergulf? Who exactly are you trying to help by saying this, I wonder.

I have to agree with you on this point. For scum to "use a strategy" of defending a town in order to clear themselves is, frankly, ridiculous, unless one is a really :wacko: scum. Danr was blatant in his defending of Bergulf, and I don't think a scum would react like that, but would be more subtle so that people will clear him subconsciously rather than knowingly.

I suppose you're right. Let's kill off all of us who don't help much, starting with me, then Bergulf, then some others, then let's focus on killing the scum. :sceptic:

No, I'm not tipping the scum off! I'm tipping the rest of the Town off that this is what the scum are likely to do, even now that I've said it! The Town should be warned and the Scum should shit bricks that they have to either change their strategy or risk pulling the tried and true moves in an empowered enemy! If we actually analyze the arguments that have been made, then there's a good chance we can actually catch a bloody scum. Don't let me down, or I'll haunt your bloody graves! Give the scum what-for so that I can get a team-win out of this at least! :grin:

At this point there is little to no likelihood that I'll survive this day. Even if I have convinced many of you, as it seems I may have, of my innocence, no one would dare unvote me, because that would be super scummy. Wouldn't it? :sceptic:

As cruel as it may sound, I suppose that lynching wrongly is still more informative than not lynching at all. I admit that I am not convinced of Danr's innocence so there's a chance something good will come out of this lynch. If we're wrong, whether the information gained will make up for the loss of Danr remains to be seen. Our main alternative right now is Bergulf, and the whole case against him is based on a slip-of-the-tongue that may or may not be significant. It's as good evidence as any we're likely to get on a first day, in other words we're still just shooting blindly. As for other targets, I don't have any strong opinions right now.

You could be right, pudding. I hope you're right, because right now it looks like Danr is on it's way to the next Valhalla. :wacko:

Actually, yes. Have you forgotten about the legend of the Black Forest already? We did end up lynching the scum who defended the townie eventually, but it did serve him well for at least a little while.

Yeah, that was quite unbelievable! :laugh: Still, the said scum only pulled it off through a combination of talent and luck, and I'm sure he wished he had kept his mouth shut instead of defending that townie! :wink:

I agree, but what do we do then? Don't vote for anybody? Unfortunately, it's true that we usually don't learn a lot if someone turns out to be innocent. Any other target we pick is likely to be innocent just because we - hopefully - vastly outnumber the Servants right now.

It's probably not advisable to pull out from this lynch unless we have a more solid target. So the only thing we can do -- if we're unhappy with the current vote, that is -- is obviously to keep thinking about what has been said today. Maybe something will come up. :sceptic:

I don't have a strong preference one way or the other if we lynch either Danr or Bergulf. I think it's likely that at least one of them is scum, although I recognize the possibility that neither are. Bergulf is someone who I would expect to try to reduce suspicions against himself by getting quiet and hoping something better takes the attention away from him, so his behavior is consistent with that.

For now, I'm going to Vote: Cranebeinn (Chromeknight). I don't like the lack of attention he's paying and his recent vote looked like a hardly thought out, I need to correct my vote but don't want to put any real thought effort into it type of move.

I will be back before the end of the day, and if it looks like the vote is being split between Danr and Bergulf and we need another vote to seal a lynch, I don't have any problem going with the majority to get that done. In the meantime, I want to hear a bit more from Cranebeinn.

Hi. What would you like to hear?

That my last vote wasn't well thought out? Sure. I can say that. It wasn't. I saw there was already a majority on Danr and with no other live options for spreading the vote and encouraging defence and discussion I moved the vote to Danr without a lot of thought, especially since I was busy at the time. I wasn't going to unvote and stay unvoted for in a previous life I saw a day end at majority vote and those who had not voted punished. Your feelings serve you well and you have the response you need. Make of it what you will.

Do Ithink Danr is straight up guilty? Nope. It's day one, I'm still working things out. Would I like another option? Sure. I think that was made clear by my vote for someone else. Am I paying more attention now? Since it's a moon-day, you bet. Any other questions to lob my way?

As cruel as it may sound, I suppose that lynching wrongly is still more informative than not lynching at all. I admit that I am not convinced of Danr's innocence so there's a chance something good will come out of this lynch. If we're wrong, whether the information gained will make up for the loss of Danr remains to be seen. Our main alternative right now is Bergulf, and the whole case against him is based on a slip-of-the-tongue that may or may not be significant. It's as good evidence as any we're likely to get on a first day, in other words we're still just shooting blindly. As for other targets, I don't have any strong opinions right now.

Gods damnit! This is what I've been saying this entire time and the only reason there's a mountain of vikings toppling me over! Get some perspective people! The only reason I'm being voted off is that I said pretty much this before Bergulf made a good counter-argument! :wall:

And don't give me that reverse psychology bull-shit. I haven't seen a reverse psychology play ever work, nor would I like to try and change that.

Bloody reverse psychology! What you're saying doesn't even make sense! that's not how an actually feasible reverse psychology argument even works!

It does make sense, because that's exactly what reverse psychology is. You count on us assuming that you would not use the same strategy that that one bear in that one legend did. We assume that you don't, then you go ahead and do the "unexpected". Reverse psychology works all the time in these games... of life. So much, in fact, that there's a name specifically for a certain form of it. Wine in front of me.

Circular reasoning and reverse psychology are exactly what the scum are depending on. Now, I recognize that you bring up some good arguments. In turn, you have to realize that if you are not lynched today, we gain nothing. And I don't just mean Bergulf. Like you said, the scum are probably hiding within the bandwagon, maybe one or two who have split off and accused other people. It's these reactions that we will be looking at tomorrow. If you're innocent, it will be unfortunate that we've lost a townie, but at least we will have something to base our next move off of. Everyone will be examined closely, and hopefully we can make some deductions. And if you're scum, well, we're one step closer to our goal and we will possibly have more information as well.

It's how the game... of life (death?) is played. We cannot simply sit back and lynch no one. And since no one has brought up a better argument, at least in my eyes, I think you are the best option for today.

It does make sense, because that's exactly what reverse psychology is. You count on us assuming that you would not use the same strategy that that one bear in that one legend did. We assume that you don't, then you go ahead and do the "unexpected". Reverse psychology works all the time in these games... of life. So much, in fact, that there's a name specifically for a certain form of it. Wine in front of me.

Circular reasoning and reverse psychology are exactly what the scum are depending on. Now, I recognize that you bring up some good arguments. In turn, you have to realize that if you are not lynched today, we gain nothing. And I don't just mean Bergulf. Like you said, the scum are probably hiding within the bandwagon, maybe one or two who have split off and accused other people. It's these reactions that we will be looking at tomorrow. If you're innocent, it will be unfortunate that we've lost a townie, but at least we will have something to base our next move off of. Everyone will be examined closely, and hopefully we can make some deductions. And if you're scum, well, we're one step closer to our goal and we will possibly have more information as well.

It's how the game... of life (death?) is played. We cannot simply sit back and lynch no one. And since no one has brought up a better argument, at least in my eyes, I think you are the best option for today.

Oh, ok. I'm glad we've settled that then. I'll just lay down and die then....

Oh, wait. No I won't.

The point you made though about me using Sveinn's move during Forest is simply ridiculous! That wasn't a play to be used and then explained as, "why would I repeat his move?" that was a mistake that he regretted immediately and only survived by luck and a little grease work from his team. Where is my team now then I ask? Would they abandon me in a snap because I stood up against a stupid argument? Yes you say? Are you stupid says I? That's not how a team works!

Now, I'll move onto important things, like actually figuring out who the bloody scum are! Stake me if you will but I'm bloody well not going down without a fight! Let me turn attention to who I believe, after looking back over today's events may very well be a scum...

I vote: Chief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock)

He fits my expected actions of the scum pretty well.

Starting with his statement of suspicion of Bergulf, his replies have not been the first, and have been rather un-incite-full re-hashings of the arguments made before. They were not first. They were not offensive. they were not last. They were perfectly timed to avoid detection.

Another person lacking focus? It's almost like your attention is divided or something. I'd offer you some special blend as well, but it sounds like you've already partaken.

He said this after a few had already spoken about Bergulf's lack-luster response.

He spoke against me in a non-accusatory manner when I spoke out for Bergulf. The things he says are quite generic and sound like he's searching for things in my statement that make me sound bad.

He was the fourth to vote for me, and his argument is essentially him twisting my words.

Almonds- the silent killer. Er, wait. That was kinda loud with all the flailing around on the floor. But I guess the almonds themselves were silent so the statement holds true. :laugh:

All this death really harshes my mellow. I wish those stupid traitors hadn't taken the boar. The we could all fight and stuff again. And then eat. I'm starving. Maybe some more special blend will help...

I can't really say your defense has convinced me, Danr. And since you're sinking, you try to pull Bergulf under with you?

And finally his response to my defense is allot of him twisting my my words.

His behavior matches what I'd expect a scum's to be.

You're barking up the wrong tree, dude. I'll at least do you the favor of not spoilering my response. :tongue:

I gave my opinions of things as they stood. I can't help it if a really small number of others noted Bergulf's lackluster defense before me. I contributed and I didn't think my comments were all that un-inciteful.

I didn't "twist" any words. Didn't have to. What you said didn't make a lot of sense. And yes I looked through your statements for things that seemed scummy to me. That's what townies do. Should we ignore all the scummy inconsistencies in your statements? Because they were there.

It's true that I don't know for certain that you are scum. You could be flustered town. But I still think you're the best candidate for today. Your behavior matches what I expect a scum's to be.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Kudos for not giving up, though. Some would say fighting against a lynch would itself be a scum tell. But I think townies should fight just as hard if not harder. So if you do end up being town, thanks for trying. If you are scum like I think is likely, shame on you.

Well, Danr, at least you voted for someone finally and gave us something to think about, to a certain extent. Your insistence that both you and Bergulf can't both be scum however, is interesting, especially if you come up as scum in the morning.

I also did not say that we should kill off unhelpful townies and then go for the scum. We lynch based on who we deem is the scummiest person of the day. For today, we don't have an incredible number of serious suspects apart from you and Bergulf. We will certainly take note of your suspicions regarding Chief Mursi and deal with them appropriately.

You're barking up the wrong tree, dude. I'll at least do you the favor of not spoilering my response. :tongue:

I gave my opinions of things as they stood. I can't help it if a really small number of others noted Bergulf's lackluster defense before me. I contributed and I didn't think my comments were all that un-inciteful.

I didn't "twist" any words. Didn't have to. What you said didn't make a lot of sense. And yes I looked through your statements for things that seemed scummy to me. That's what townies do. Should we ignore all the scummy inconsistencies in your statements? Because they were there.

It's true that I don't know for certain that you are scum. You could be flustered town. But I still think you're the best candidate for today. Your behavior matches what I expect a scum's to be.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Kudos for not giving up, though. Some would say fighting against a lynch would itself be a scum tell. But I think townies should fight just as hard if not harder. So if you do end up being town, thanks for trying. If you are scum like I think is likely, shame on you.

You're damn right Townie's should fight! They should think too! (And I only censured my response because so many people had accused me, and the post without would have been immense. Sorry if that inconvenienced anyone.)

Of course you can't help it if others post like comments before you, but it doesn't help if you're just agreeing with the herd as you seem to have been doing this entire day. You established your agreement with others, and went along with the ride. You never made a comment which someone else hadn't already. This is classic Scum behavior. Avoiding attention by speaking "your opinions" which just happen to align with those of those who have already voiced theirs ensures that others will think you are "one of them." To quote the words of a bard, "You're talking allot, but you're not saying anything."

I might just have an overly high opinion of my arguing skills, but I am not sure how every statement I made confused you. And it looks like in some cases, you made up confusion just to incriminate me. You didn't attack me when you didn't know I'd be focused on, and when you did, you made up the bogus argument that it looked like I was "back-peddling". Normal behavior includes language, and even if I didn't say the "one word" it was obvious what I meant. When I said something logical but unexpected, you jumped on it like a dragon to a sheep, saying you "can't tell my intentions."

Don't read this unless you are willing to accept you may be wrong, and may be willing to act on it. It's pretty big, so I don't want you wasting your time. Sorry. :sceptic:

I appreciate your consideration, more folks should take up this model.

Ughhh, I'm really struggling here.

Thank you, I hope you realize it sooner than later. The "fish that got away" point is a good one, I guess. The Town really should have killed you in the Forest, and I find it difficult arguing against such a point that I would likely make if I was in your position.
Unfortunately, even if we did try and reverse the vote, at this point I don't think it would be enough to overturn your vote and get somebody else lynched. Trying that would probably result in no lynching happening at all.
Why shouldn't you kill me. Why shouldn't you know for sure that I'm innocent and spend the rest of the game guessing. How can I even help at this point if I'm spending the entirety of my time replying to accusations? You shouldn't kill me, because I am Town. If you keep killing Townies just because someone has to die, then we'll lose. Should we kill a Townie as opposed to no one at all or a more confusing bloke? This really is a good question. Should I stay or should I go. I, personally, would prefer not to die. I want to figure out how to play Townie without dying on the first day/night like I did during the second Excalibur Quest. But, at the same time, my not dying deprives the Town, no longer including me directly, of the knowledge that I am innocent. Why should I deprive my team of that? I think it comes down to numbers. Even an un-helpful, foolish Townie, who can't help but stand out from the crowd, is one more Townie in the way of our enemies. Right now, if it's me or no one, then no one's the best way to go because if we kill a townie, then there'll be one more no one to fight against the scum.

It's not just lynching you because you have to die, like the town is just on auto, we have to lynch somebody so that we can learn and evolve from here. Being wishy-washy now is a greater danger than being concrete in our lynches. In the beginning, we have to take those risks, even if we kill one of our own. I know it sounds horrible, but we have the numbers to work on that risk (Though the loss of almond boy is annoying). Day ones suck on so many levels :cry_sad: !

That's just why we shouldn't kill me. As I've stated explicitly, several times, I have no clue whether or not Berger is scum. I just don't believe the two comments he made before I began arguing on his behalf were "scum-tells." (I hate that word.) It's a valid point that the defense he formed later was more thought out, and somewhat abnormal for him. It could be that it's because his scum team devised it for him. It could also be that he read what I had written and decided to use that as an excuse. I'd like to argue that the theory that we're both scum really makes no sense. Why would I say in public what I could in private and not just make a statement like the one Snotra made, stating I found his comment weird, but not suspicious. that would ease everything over. Instead I openly called bull on the argument, and by doing so inspired almost everybody to imagine my head on a stake. What incentive does a scum have to draw attention to itself? And don't give me that reverse psychology bull-shit. I haven't seen a reverse psychology play ever work, nor would I like to try and change that.

You make good points, but I'm left open with other possibilities that could happen. I know you're a strong fighter, so I can think that you're pulling off a very well done town-looking defense. If this was posted earlier in the day, I would have had a much easier time unvoting you and switching, but it's getting late in the day :sceptic: Arghgh...in the end you're the best option for today, but if you are revealed to be an Einherjar, take comfort that we will not let this information, regardless how little it is, go to waste and use it to catch a servant of Loki tomorrow.

Your cooperation with us is admirable and if you're not scum, we will most certainly have a lot to reflect on. Of course, there's always the hope that the first lynchee is indeed scum...

Well, Danr, at least you voted for someone finally and gave us something to think about, to a certain extent. Your insistence that both you and Bergulf can't both be scum however, is interesting, especially if you come up as scum in the morning.

I also did not say that we should kill off unhelpful townies and then go for the scum. We lynch based on who we deem is the scummiest person of the day. For today, we don't have an incredible number of serious suspects apart from you and Bergulf. We will certainly take note of your suspicions regarding Chief Mursi and deal with them appropriately.

Aye, I'm aware. And that's evidence enough that I'm not scum I think. When a scum's on the frying pan, the scum through other meat in too, and see which tastes best before feasting.

*throw

Your insistence that both you and Bergulf can't both be scum however, is interesting, especially if you come up as scum in the morning.

I don't see where he said this. The feeling I get from him is he's saying he doesn't know what side Bergulf is on and that we should look more at the voting pattern. As a matter of fact, one statement he's made insinuates he believes they are both Einherjar.

I appreciate your consideration, more folks should take up this model.

Ughhh, I'm really struggling here.

Unfortunately, even if we did try and reverse the vote, at this point I don't think it would be enough to overturn your vote and get somebody else lynched. Trying that would probably result in no lynching happening at all.

It's not just lynching you because you have to die, like the town is just on auto, we have to lynch somebody so that we can learn and evolve from here. Being wishy-washy now is a greater danger than being concrete in our lynches. In the beginning, we have to take those risks, even if we kill one of our own. I know it sounds horrible, but we have the numbers to work on that risk (Though the loss of almond boy is annoying). Day ones suck on so many levels :cry_sad: !

You make good points, but I'm left open with other possibilities that could happen. I know you're a strong fighter, so I can think that you're pulling off a very well done town-looking defense. If this was posted earlier in the day, I would have had a much easier time unvoting you and switching, but it's getting late in the day :sceptic: Arghgh...in the end you're the best option for today, but if you are revealed to be an Einherjar, take comfort that we will not let this information, regardless how little it is, go to waste and use it to catch a servant of Loki tomorrow.

Your cooperation with us is admirable and if you're not scum, we will most certainly have a lot to reflect on. Of course, there's always the hope that the first lynchee is indeed scum...

I saw you posting and I admire your consideration. I can't agree with you that I'm the best target because I know I'm Town, but I can't deny that there aren't many other viable options. It'd be hypocritical of me to advocate Lynching Bergulf, even though it could save my hide, because I'm really not convinced he's scum. Like many other day ones past, a Townie will see his end today. That doesn't mean I'll give up though. If I can help you any way I can I will. If that really means dying, then so be it. I am not convinced yet though that I do have to die. It's really close to hopeless, but if others see what I think I see in the Chief, then maybe we can catch a scum and I won't have to sacrifice myself to help. If you all disagree then you'll see in the morning you were wrong about me and maybe that'll help you catch the real scum. :sceptic:

I don't think I was just agreeing with the pack. If I was, you wouldn't be accusing me of "twisting your words" as well.

It wasn't the one word that was missing. You said in the statement that I quoted that you first defended him because there was a language difference. Your actual post said nothing of the sort but kept saying how it was his normal behavior. How is that twisting your words?

You do have an inflated opinion of your own skills if you think everything you said made perfect sense. Because it didn't. I'm sorry if pointing it out fits your definition of hiding in the pack.

I don't see where he said this. The feeling I get from him is he's saying he doesn't know what side Bergulf is on and that we should look more at the voting pattern. As a matter of fact, one statement he's made insinuates he believes they are both Einherjar.

Well, at this point, I'm not the most objective on the case of Bergulf. I don't know if he's scum, and I don't know if he's town. I just don't think the things he said before I began arguing his case were scummy, but that they were, rather, his normal behavior.

Here:

I'd like to argue that the theory that we're both scum really makes no sense. Why would I say in public what I could in private and not just make a statement like the one Snotra made, stating I found his comment weird, but not suspicious. that would ease everything over. Instead I openly called bull on the argument, and by doing so inspired almost everybody to imagine my head on a stake. What incentive does a scum have to draw attention to itself? And don't give me that reverse psychology bull-shit. I haven't seen a reverse psychology play ever work, nor would I like to try and change that.

It really doesn't make sense, even objectively. Of course it doesn't make sense to me because I know I'm Town, but it shouldn't make sense to anyone else who thinks about it either!

I don't think I was just agreeing with the pack. If I was, you wouldn't be accusing me of "twisting your words" as well.

It wasn't the one word that was missing. You said in the statement that I quoted that you first defended him because there was a language difference. Your actual post said nothing of the sort but kept saying how it was his normal behavior. How is that twisting your words?

You do have an inflated opinion of your own skills if you think everything you said made perfect sense. Because it didn't. I'm sorry if pointing it out fits your definition of hiding in the pack.

I never ever ever ever ever mentioned a language difference! Ever! That was Snotrag! Get your facts straight!

Well now that I called you out, you don't have a herd in which to hide, so the trope is bust. You're out of your comfort zone. I'm aware that not everything I say makes sense, but in your case, you're either not reading my words, or you're making stuff up!

Learn to read, yourself. You're starting to piss me off.

This refers to the language barrier argument. I quoted it before. Yes, it was Snotrag's argument first. That's why I thought you saying it was yours was backpedaling.

You admit that what everything you've said didn't make sense. Stop saying I'm twisting your words. I merely pointed out where you weren't being consistent.

PAGE 8

Learn to read, yourself. You're starting to piss me off.

This refers to the language barrier argument. I quoted it before. Yes, it was Snotrag's argument first. That's why I thought you saying it was yours was backpedaling.

You admit that what everything you've said didn't make sense. Stop saying I'm twisting your words. I merely pointed out where you weren't being consistent.

That does not refer to the language barrier argument! It means that 'you interpret the word as a scum-tell and not simply his way of talking.' It has nothing to do with a miss-translation. Sorry I've annoyed you. :sceptic:

Note: And that, unfortunately, is where the backup ends.

And then the conclusion from TPRU.

Vote Tally

Bergulf (badboytje88)- 3 votes (Etzel, Pandora, Palathadric)

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)- 17 votes (Hinckley, Sandy, CallMePie, Rick, CorneliusMurdock, Capt. Redblade, JimButcher, Bob, Scubacarrot, Scouty, DarkDragon, Sisco, Shadows, Chromeknight, badboytje88, Captain Genaro, Dragonator)

Cranebeinn (Cromeknight)- 1 vote (fhomess)

Chief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock)- 1 vote (Dannylonglegs)

Sigmund (Sisco) - 1 vote (Fugazi)

The einherjar had come to a decision. They believed that Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs) was a vile servant of Loki.

IMG_0271.jpg

Ragnar called him to the front of the hall, and Danr stepped forward.

IMG_0272.jpg

Harald tried to pull Ragnar aside and talk him out of this.

"We can't start killing members of this hall without concrete evidence! This case would never hold up in a thingstead. What is Odin going to do when he hears about-"

IMG_0274.jpg

... But Ragnar wasn't listening. A bloodlust had already taken hold of him, and with one stroke he chopped Danr's head clean off.

IMG_0275.jpg

"Aha!" Ragnar beamed, "See how he bleeds! Only scum bleed like that!"

"I think that only works for witches," Harald corrected him.

"Oh." said Ragnar.

"So what was his allegiance?"

"I don't know. What am I, a mind reader?"

"See, this is what I was talking about. We can't just go around executing someone every day, It's absurd!"

IMG_0276.jpg

Ragnar turned to the crowd, "Fear not, my fellow warriors!" he reassured them, "I shall look into this matter and inform you whether or not Danr was a traitor tomorrow morning."

"Yay!" cheered the warriors

"Now..." Ragnar began, "Let us drink!"

IMG_0278.jpg

It is now night-time. Please don't PM me your night actions now, because you've probably already done that. Unless you haven't - in which case, yes, please do send your night action to me.