Sign in to follow this  
Fuppylodders

Yes, another AT-AT! But crashed in snow!

Thank you very much guys, comments appreciated!

I know the legs width is a slight issue, especially as the lower parts of the thighs are technically slightly wider due to the addition of the 2x4/2x2 tiles on the side to hide the technic pin holes... ill revisit that area again sometime in the future to try get it more correct. Most other things of it I am happy with, especially the neck/head ^_^ So thanks again :sweet:

Edited by Fuppylodders

I have just came back from MinifigsandBricks in York from having a photoshoot for this done as I suck with pictures and just don't have the equipment/space to create a big enough white backdrop to do it on... But here is a picture of it in all its glory, and one of it that i took (the crappy quality one) and one to show size comparison with the girlfriend :P

9007116823_3df2afc19d_c.jpg

edited by Daft Vader1, on Flickr

9008301938_aa664d9b90_c.jpg

AT-AT by Daft Vader1, on Flickr

9008299650_98a451ca45_c.jpg

Its size =D by Daft Vader1, on Flickr

Edited by Fuppylodders

How did we miss this the first time? This is a great solution both to any stability issues and to making your model different from most of the many other AT-ATs at this scale out there. (I think there might have been one crashed walker at this scale in Brickplumber's diorama, but I don't recall any others. Nope, Brickplumber alerted me on the blog to the fact that he doesn't have one.) :thumbup: That's a beautiful photo with the smoke coming out, too. It amplifies the effect of the moment you've captured just after the walker hits the snow.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This looks just amazing, a great creation to display. The photo with the girl is cute too. Surprised how big the walker actually is. It also hurts my head to think about how you guys designed those legs and what parts are needed. Even if I tried I don't think I would have been able to create them properly. Great work! :thumbup:

Edited by Outworlder