DoubleT

Mars Mission - Pictures

well it didn't have to be "a classic space reborn", but I was at least hoping for the same quality as the city/sw sets.

Nevertheless, this is the first time in many years that LEGO has produced a modern line resembling the classic product lineup of town / space / castle / technic / basic.

It is encouraging to see, even if one of the lines is not quite there (space).

-- Bryan

Well, I dig the alien fighter, the smaller one, the armored driller thing, the smallest set, and the smaller wheeled vehicle. I'm not impressed, but I like them.

The armadillo from Armageddon looks a lot like that drilling unit. I always kinda wanted a lego of that....

1) I thought the last collection of Mars Mission sets (if that is the name) was a bomb. Why on Mars, would they try it again?

Well, I guess that Mars is just more interesting today. Back in the days of Classic Space the moon was the target in space. Today it's Mars. So, I can understand why they focus on Mars.

What I don't understand is why they didn't take Classic Space, revamped/modernized it a little and just put it on Mars?! Of course, that would be more of an exploration theme where you can't put shooting mechanisms in sets *wacko*

7691- Meh. Not good, not bad.

7692- I don't mind this. The white ships not bad. Seems interesting.

7693- Now this I like. It looks like some sort of alien bird. A bit Star Trek-y. Definately a plus.

7694- Not too keen on this. Looks a bit :-X

7695- So so.

7697- I'm not sure. The alien fighters good, but the robot thing is a bit :-/

7690- Looks a little empty.

7699- A drilling rig! A mobile drilling rig! An armoured mobile drilling rig! A special edition mobile... (you can see where this is going ;-) ). Seriously though, this is cool. And is that a bike I see in the background?

This theme has defnitely grown on me in the last couple of days. It's still not brilliant, and I don't really like the alien ships or the base, but the human vehicles are all pretty good, especially 7692 (Dropship) and 7699 (Armoured Tank).

Wow, some neat sets there, not totaly orginal because of life on mars, but nice to see the mars range making a come back! *sweet*

Well one can always MOD or redo... there is some good things.. but for me also bad... but il lwait and se if it grows on me

*Looks VERY closely at the pics*

Hey! I just noticed something interesting.

Look at the very top edge of each box (the part thats not facing the camera)

They show how many minifigs are in each one.

The main UFO has 5! aliens(more than i thought) and two different astronauts.

Very unusually, look at the DropShip's figures: in order i see, what looks like an astronaut, 3 aliens, and another astronaut (but rotated sideways)

I wonder why they're pictured differently?(the two astronoauts) the first one looks vaguely like it might be an android...(the outfit is colored differently from the others...)

*Looks VERY closely at the pics*

They show how many minifigs are in each one.

The main UFO has 5! aliens(more than i thought) and two different astronauts.

Very unusually, look at the DropShip's figures: in order i see, what looks like an astronaut, 3 aliens, and another astronaut (but rotated sideways)

I wonder why they're pictured differently?(the two astronoauts) the first one looks vaguely like it might be an android...(the outfit is colored differently from the others...)

wauw... Nice spotting *y* *y* I hope we get a better pic of the alien minifigs soon

KimT

Thew! Glad I'm not a Classic Space fan otherwise I'd require hospitalisation right now...

hehe... and you haven't seen the Pirate sets for 2008 yet! :-P :-P

For some odd reason, I'm really liking the look of 7693. The Alien ship in that really catches my eye. Otherwise, I'm not that excited. Like everyone else, I believe it's basically just a LoM rehash, and not of the good kind. Heck, 7894 looks like an almost carbon copy of one buggy that I remember from another Space theme.

I actuly won't get much of this, too big sets, for this i can only get small sets.

Neat sets tho!

Cheer m'deers! *skull*

Optimax!

They show how many minifigs are in each one

This isnt New or interesting buddy, the TLC has been putting a list of the minifigs on the top of the box for a while now. I think they began implementing it when Dino atack came out.

If u look very hard you can find them on star wars sets to :-D

This isnt New or interesting buddy, the TLC has been putting a list of the minifigs on the top of the box for a while now. I thinck they began implementing it when Dino atack came out.

If u look very hard ull find it on star wars sets to :-D

I think what he was saying was interesting was the fact that the humans are separated, and angled differently

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Looooooooooooooooool, I expected more from a future fan :-D :-P

Is this too much to ask for?

ad003.jpg

How hard can it be?

Answer to first question: Yes

Answer to second question: way too hard :-D

As an obverview of tis theme, I have to say WTF is that CRAP !! Seriously, what the hell is TLC thinking *wacko*

Lets put back Life from Mars which was NOT successful at all, keep that crappy air compression playability crap, and add the horrendous colours of Ice Crap Planet whatever the year.

All that equals CRAP !!

Having said that, I am pleased that TLC took my colour scheme of Team Odysseus (white and dark orange) in their set 7692. That set is pretty sweet IMO: the design is something we already saw but since its good...

The trike is rather ok: off course ,TLC did not change a lot from the original one, and I also like the small ship (7695).

To conclude, a crappy overall theme with some nice sets !! TLC should really concentrate more next time !! Back to the drawing boards guys :-D

BTW, since this is SPACE and not mecha based, I shall move this thread ;-)

Space On !!

*yoda*

I will have to agree with Clone comander Nodra 999, thelarge drill vehicle looks vary simular to the Armadillo from Armegedon. Sorry I know the images are small but they show the detail of the model:

"MT-101 Armored Drilling Unit"

MM007.JPG

"the Armadillo from Armegedon"

6img0108.jpg

6img0107.jpg

Also the gunship looks fairly simular to the guship for the UEF race in the upcoming PC game Supreme Commander:

"The gunship"

MM005.JPG

"the UEF Gunship from Supreme Commander"

uef_gunship.png

Overall I see great peice potental in these sets. Comeone who doesn't need more white and orange? Plus a little black.

I like this series. I want to see in more detail the sets and parts in them especially the aliens but really it looks like a nice series. Certainly better than the first LoM.

The best two are the medium sized ships. I think they both look great. WIth a little help this whole series could be modded and mocced into something very CS like.

Color wise the humans get the best of it and the aliens get the rehash. I was actually hoping for something more original than the black/trans neon green/lime color scheme that keeps getting used.

Overall I would give these a thumbs up all around except for the oversized junk base. I can't wait to see them in detail.

This is not classic space but I am a bigger fan of the SP, Blacktron, M-tron series' anyway which revolved around conflict and monoploies.

Maybe next year we can get a decent redo of the UFO series with those awesome helmets and armor.

I personally liked the first Life on Mars line. Decent sets, good storyline. But this... this shoot-em-up abomination is just garbage.

- Helden

Just to clear some things up:

1. We don't know the storyline

2. These are prototype images, and are blurry at that.

-l2k-