Sign in to follow this  
markus1984

for the people, freedom and honor! Castle Diorama

Really amazing!

The damaged walls and siege engines are truly excellent.

Like the great action with soldiers even falling of the wall.

Edited by ProfessorChaos

Great work, you really did an awesome job of giving the impression of a huge battle! :thumbup:

Great! the spots hit by catapults a brilliant! keep it up!

~Legonardo

Very impressive size, and full of detail, which is no mean feat. And I agree the cracks in the wall are superb. These are the kinds of MoCs i love, showing the big picture, but you can find plenty details when you look closely. The siege engines are also neat.

Edited by Ardelon

Fantastic work. I too, like so many others, especially love the cracks in the walls and other battle damage. Amazing details. I also like how many chrome helmets you have managed to amass, they make the brave defenders look extra majestic.

Really impressive, fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like a lot the wall damage :wink:

Yeah it was a very hard work to make the wall`s with the crack`s

greetings

Edited by markus1984

impressive the least!!! i love the action there,,.., lovely scene... and love the damaged walls

Roughly how many minifigures for each side did you use for this diorama? Both attackers and defenders? It looks like well over 200 combined. I ask because I would like to do something similar using the LotR minifigures.

Like I said before, you have a huge army there but the attackers look a little sparse in the back just due to all the empty grass plates you have there. If you cut off that back section it would make the field look so much fuller with battle and wouldn't really take anything away from the diorama.

That's a really sweet piece of work, markus1984. :thumbup:

How heavy is that siege tower? If it's on a non-studded surface does it roll well, or is there too much friction because of the weight?

I buy it at the bricklink store chromebricks.

Edited by markus1984

Awesome! Good job - as many have noted, the battle damage to the walls is one of the finest details, among too many to name!

A question: I'd say the silver knights appear to be losing, is this the case?

Really, thanks for showing this to us, it's an inspiration, and kudos for the details, that's what make this "alive":)

Kinda make me think this is quite the same as the weathring technics used in figurines paints.

Roughly how many minifigures for each side did you use for this diorama? Both attackers and defenders? It looks like well over 200 combined. I ask because I would like to do something similar using the LotR minifigures.

Like I said before, you have a huge army there but the attackers look a little sparse in the back just due to all the empty grass plates you have there. If you cut off that back section it would make the field look so much fuller with battle and wouldn't really take anything away from the diorama.

approximately 300 minifigs.

At first the Diorama was a bit smaller but I wanted the catapults not provide as close to the castle!

@Blondie-Wan

weight I can not say exactly but it runs perfectly :classic:

@Albus

the good always win :wink:

Edited by markus1984

This is so massive and even detailed at the same time :wub:

I like how you did the crumbling walls, the burning (actually all) siege tower(s), the trebuchets and the fig posing :thumbup::cry_happy:

It needs more blood!! haha, it is very good, the craks in the wall are excellent and you really create a strong sense of futility as they charge out to face the horde. Awesome :dsweet:

It needs more blood!! h

:laugh: :laugh: sorry, otherwise it will be censored :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again @all for the great feedback!!

bye

markus