CorneliusMurdock

Eurobricks' Super Hero Comic Cover Contest!

One question: If I take a comic cover, which is black and white, can I take a black and white pic? I guess every other camera can take such pics and it's hardly "mad photoediting".

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

One question: If I take a comic cover, which is black and white, can I take a black and white pic? I guess every other camera can take such pics and it's hardly "mad photoediting".

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Yes. It would be the equivalent of using a different film which would be acceptable. :thumbup:

I'd just like to clarify/confirm two things:

All official LEGO minifigures and parts are permitted.

Since it's not stated that only "official LEGO minifigures and parts are permitted" I assume custom minifigs are allowed right? If so, is there any limitation to the customization? Purist only? Non-purist allowed? (I think is particularly important for comic covers with characters that haven't been released in LEGO, otherwise we will be limited wih only the official super heroes released so far.)

NEW RULE: Do not add anything digitally to the photo to make it resemble the cover more closely. You may tweak the lighting and such to make the image clearer but do not add special effects or the words to your image. The point of the contest is to recreate the cover with LEGO not Photoshop.

I understand that only the posted/deeplinked photos in the topic are the only ones eligible for judging, but are we aIlowed to provide a link to a flickr/Brickshelf folder with the Photoshop-edited comic cover? (like the rule in MCW contests).

Since it's not stated that only "official LEGO minifigures and parts are permitted" I assume custom minifigs are allowed right? If so, is there any limitation to the customization? Purist only? Non-purist allowed? (I think is particularly important for comic covers with characters that haven't been released in LEGO, otherwise we will be limited wih only the official super heroes released so far.)

I thought I'd been clear, sorry. This isn't a typical building contest so it's hard to know where to draw the line. I intentionally left the rules as open-ended as possible to give people a lot of free rein. I'll add a rule clarifying.

Custom figures are allowed as long as the figure contains at least 60% actual LEGO. As a rule of thumb, a casual observer should recognize that a custom figure is LEGO.

I understand that only the posted/deeplinked photos in the topic are the only ones eligible for judging, but are we aIlowed to provide a link to a flickr/Brickshelf folder with the Photoshop-edited comic cover? (like the rule in MCW contests).

Sure.

I want to remind everyone that the picture of your entry should come first in your entry thread. The picture of the cover you recreated should follow afterwards.

Don't forget, the deadline for entries is Friday.

I'll be going over the entries already submitted tomorrow to ensure they all meet the guidelines.

Oh, and prizes have been announced in the first post here. Some pretty nice stuff there. :grin:

Wow those prizes are amazing! Also every minifigure i need to complete my superhero collection is in that bunch :O . Anyway best of luck to everyone and a big thanks to the organisers for this great compeotition and these lovely prizes.

Yay voting! Once it's up, where do I go to vote? Also, can you vote for yourself? (Just out of curiosity)

Edited by ultron32

banner_superhero_month.jpg

Competition was fierce for this contest and all the entries were spectacular. Sadly, only three could win. I'd like to thank everyone who made entries and voted. I'd also like to thank TLG for the donation of most of our prizes. Thanks!

So without further ado, our winners...

in first place we have:

mad_love_cover.jpg by Captain Nemo

He wins all this:

• 6863-1.jpg 6863
  • 6866-1.jpg6866
  • sh009.jpgsh040.jpgsh041.jpgsh036.jpgsh038.jpgsh010.jpgsh035.jpgsh011.jpg
  • 5000022-1.jpg

In second place is:

8226003275_ec0facd582.jpg by Ninja Nin

He wins:

• 6862-2.jpg6862
  • 6865-1.jpg6865
  • sh009.jpgsh040.jpgsh041.jpgsh036.jpgsh038.jpgsh010.jpgsh035.jpgsh011.jpg
  • 5000022-1.jpg

And in third place we have:

8215052650_e8a32f9d44.jpg by Kristel

She wins:

• 6865-1.jpg6865
  • tn_6858-1_jpg.jpg 6858

Thank you to all entrants!

The Voting Raffle winners are:

sh036.jpgTheBrickDaddy

sh010.jpgTheWarden

sh040.jpgBricktooth

sh041.jpgToa_Of_Justice

All winners are to PM me with their addresses so the prizes may be shipped out.

Congratulations to all winners and all the entrants as well. The winning Comic covers certainly look great. :sweet:

As I already said somewhere, one of the best contests around! The idea of recreating a comic cower was brilliant and also all the entries were quite distinct and represented the covers well. I was also really happy about the number of entries which gives a lot of images to drool over. Although I think it was quite tight in the top 5 - 6, I guess the winners are well deserved. ut as said, there actually was no bad entrie. Could we maybe get some more results?

Congratulations to all the winners and all you lucky bastards who won the raffle ;)