LegoJalex

MOC: TMNT - Turtle Party Wagon

I repost this since it was lost from the server move. So here is the Turtle Party Wagon from 1988 again. Unfortuantely no Turtles minifigs, yet (I have to wait till 2013 :))

8060855643_6624cbdaf4_z.jpg

Comparision with the real Turtle Party Wagon.

8061000816_73e3c6b2b6_z.jpg

I have to say... :wub_drool: . You've captured it perfectly. I love how you managed the front and the side door/seat.

If this were a set, I'd pay out the nose for it. I wish I still had my van from my childhood now.

Is there any chance we can see more pictures from more angles?

Yours is so much better than the official version.

I completely agree. I would consider buying the Lego set if they used a design similar to yours. As is I will never ever buy it, even if it's discounted like 50%.

So happy to see this reposted. Such a great creation! You did an amazing job matching the source material and I am excited to see this with some turtle figs in a couple months. :classic:

My ONLY criticism would be it doesn't look quite wide enough and looks a little squashed. If you made it 2-4 pegs wider I think it would be completely perfect!

Wow. That is absolutely killer!!! Not that it needs any work done on it as it's amazing as it is, I agree, that 2-4 studs wider would be a nice touch. Great work!!!

Thanks everyone!

I have to say... :wub_drool: . You've captured it perfectly. I love how you managed the front and the side door/seat.

If this were a set, I'd pay out the nose for it. I wish I still had my van from my childhood now.

Is there any chance we can see more pictures from more angles?

I will try and get photos from the other sides.

My ONLY criticism would be it doesn't look quite wide enough and looks a little squashed. If you made it 2-4 pegs wider I think it would be completely perfect!

Thanks for the input. I did it 8 wide first, but then I found that green windscreen... It was just perfect! :laugh: So therefore I choose to build it 6 wide, and I also wanted the wagon to fit with other 6 wide vans (which I believe is the most common width for minifig vans?). But I agree that 8 wide would also be nice (then 2 turtles would fit in the front seats). When I get the turtles minifigs maybe I will consider making a wider wagon.

Y'know, you may have inspired me to build a hyper-revamped best thing from that Christmas when I was 5. I remember opening this up right by Granddad's creepy player piano. It was magical. (Leonardo as firetruck, specifically)

This

is

awesome!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for one-upping the terrible vehicle that comes in the new set. I've been looking at bricklink trying to figure out what I needed to make an 80's Turtle Van, but this is perfect. Also, how would someone acquire those stickers??? :wub_drool:

Whoa this is great, so much better then the vagon TLG is making for this theme.

Looking at your creation brings back so many childhood memories, TMNT was a big thing back then. Altough we here in Finland and many other European countries, know it by TMHT due to censorship on the Ninja word :D

Edited by Mencot

This looks great, brings up a lot of memories! When I was a kid I was so jealous of a friend in kindergarten who owned all the cool TMNT vehicles while I just had some of the figures. :laugh:

Nicely executed, I think I'll have to dig up my old action figures again.

Thanks for the comments, and thanks "CorneliusMurdock" for the frontpage :sweet:

Y'know, you may have inspired me to build a hyper-revamped best thing from that Christmas when I was 5. I remember opening this up right by Granddad's creepy player piano. It was magical. (Leonardo as firetruck, specifically)

Glad to hear! Looking forward to see the model! :classic: I think it would look great in Lego.

This is awesome!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for one-upping the terrible vehicle that comes in the new set. I've been looking at bricklink trying to figure out what I needed to make an 80's Turtle Van, but this is perfect. Also, how would someone acquire those stickers??? :wub_drool:

The stickers I copied from various photos of the Turtle Van and then photoshopped them a bit and printed them. I can send you images/stickers files if you are interested.

Yours is so much better than the official version.

:thumbup:

Yours wonderfully captures the essence of the original. I still have my kid's toy van you use for comparison.

The stickers I copied from various photos of the Turtle Van and then photoshopped them a bit and printed them. I can send you images/stickers files if you are interested.

Yeah if you have them there ready to go, that'd be great. This will definitely have to be built! Thanks!

I'm looking forward to building insane Ninja Turtle stuff. I haven't been this excited to build for a while. Though my building aims are always ridiculously unrealistic... actual size compared to minifig Technodrome anyone? ;p I'm about 1,000,000 bricks short though.