Sign in to follow this  
glenbricker

Mecha Tank, Korra, and Amon

thumb640x360.jpg

This is a Mecha Tank, Korra, and Amon I have designed.

thumb640x360.jpg

Here is a close up of the figs. I am relatively satisfied with Korra. Not sure how I feel about Amon.

thumb640x360.jpg

On the Left you can see that the cockpit opens very much like that in the animation. The canopy raises, the upper plates hinge upward, and the lower plates hinge out. This one also has the "grappling hook"

The tank on the right depicts a printed canopy that more accurately depicts the Canopy form the series. I am torn though. Do you guys think this looks better or just the full on clear one?

thumb640x360.jpg

Here are some more Tank weapons, the Bola and the electromagnet.

I will soon be finishing my Hiroshi to pilot the Tank.

I look forward to hearing any feedback you may have good or bad!

If you really like this set then you can support it on Cuusoo here: http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/29158

Cheers,

Again, thank you for looking, any feedback, and your support!

Why do I have an odd sense of deja vu?

That mecha tank is simply brilliant! It’s very accurate to the version in the show. Looks very articulated too. The various accessories are a good idea, also neat to include the extra piece to actually attach the figure to the magnet. The idea with the painted canopy piece is good; it’s similar to what you occasionally see on some Star Wars vehicles.

The figures are pretty good too, although Amon’s face is a bit too obviously a cut and paste job from a screenshot. The idea of using captain Panaka’s hat for the metalbending police officers is brilliant.

Great work, I’d love to see more.

Dang. I'd tried making the mecha tank on LDD and never got it to work the way I wanted. But yours looks fantastic! Well done!

Sorry I have not been responsive. I thought I was following this post but I guess I was not. Thank you for the compliments.

Your right about Amon, he is very incomplete. I origianlly had aosme designs for the face but they were taking too long so yeah it was a copy/paste. I will fix it eventually but I got busy on my Star Control ships/figs and that has been a time suck.

Yeah when I saw The Metalbending cops I was like Hey! They are wearing Panaka’s hat!

I love this model! It's an incredibly accurate likeness of the source material using parts and building techniques that would be realistic for a set. It looks nice and sturdy, but still maintains the unrefined robotic look of the Mecha Tanks from the show.

The minifigures are phenomenal. Their arm printing seems a bit too detailed for what could be managed in a set, but it adds to the accuracy-- and anyway, making a model suitable for production as a set is the LEGO Group's job! The one change I would recommend is making the printing on the faces a little bit less intricate-- currently there are some very, very thin lines, and I think something more along the lines of the Avatar: The Last Airbender or Exo-Force themes' figs would look better. The torsos and legs look just fine, though.

Best of luck to your Cuusoo proposal! I've already given it my support!

Edited by Aanchir

I really like the tank, but the minifigs don't really look Lego-like. I think Korra's skin is too dark, and Amon's face really needs to be re-designed, in my opinon.

Good luck on your project!!!

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I'd love to have some Avatar sets... Though given the history I don't think it's happening. :(

Plus Lego doesn't like girls ;P and The Legend of Korra has a girl at the helm.

The original sets sucked because they were in between like a change of styles for Lego (IMO those years sucked). But these days they can do it right.

I really like the tank, but the minifigs don't really look Lego-like. I think Korra's skin is too dark, and Amon's face really needs to be re-designed, in my opinon.

Good luck on your project!!!

Her skin is good. I swear it was ripped straight from her art.

Edited by BrickG