CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

If that is the case, how come they are still available? :D

I meant January 2014. :grin:

Walmart and many other places still has 'em. :laugh:

Hmmm...clearance eh? May have to check my Targets, still need 79103 Turtle Lair Attack & 79105 Baxters Robot Rampage.

Hmmm...clearance eh? May have to check my Targets, still need 79103 Turtle Lair Attack & 79105 Baxters Robot Rampage.

Baxter's Robot Rampage is a Toys"R"Us exclusive. :wink:

You would imagine next winter wave since they haven't shown any signs of new sets for the next year, but I suppose they might still come out with something in the future. I've seen them on clearance around here, but only the shellraiser set at a Target near me. Otherwise, no one has any of the sets in stores.

You would imagine next winter wave since they haven't shown any signs of new sets for the next year, but I suppose they might still come out with something in the future. I've seen them on clearance around here, but only the shellraiser set at a Target near me. Otherwise, no one has any of the sets in stores.

I'm still thinking we'll get sets for the movie next April. They implied it at Comic Con.

Ok, just finished watching the season finale and I've seen the Casey Jones trailer. Awesome first season. Really enjoyed it. To aim toys solely at very young kids is doing the show a disservice. This show definitely deserves ongoing tie-in product. Really hope Lego can see this and don't just drop the ball. I'd rather have sets based on the toon than on the upcoming movie. The movie looks like it'll be as crappy as the last ones. The Turtles only work in comics and cartoons. Live action Turtles just suck big time.

Was not expecting Casey Jones to look that young if I'm honest. Though it makes sense in the context of the show. Definitely want a minifigure of Casey. I'd also quite like a Karai and some more mutant villains and Slash and Leatherhead and Pete the pigeon. And more sewer. and TCRI headquarters and Shredders base in the church. And definitely the four Turtle carts. And stuff. Just more. The show has been commissioned for a third season. It has legs. Let it run. Let the Lego toys with the minifigures known as the turtles come in the things that are boxes for the plastic bricks for the building of the toys.

Well the season finale was a bit on the weaker side. I think this being aimed at kids on Nick has gotten to it too much. I mean...

*spoilers*

They just tied everything in too neat of a bow. I was half expecting Leonardo to "sacrifice" himself and get sucked into Dimension X with the reveal that he survived being Season 2. The way he just "lol I didn't sacrifice myself tricked you" was a bit lame.

Also they still didn't explain April at all. She's specially tuned to the universe? What does that mean and why? I'd have liked more. I hope they actually answer it some day and don't leave it random.

Then the "reveal" about Kurai was so painfully obvious it was... painful. :P

Lastly Splinter never actually explained why he never helps. I'd really love some insight into his motivations. He's obviously capable. Maybe there's a story about how he had an apprentice long ago and was too soft which made them die. Idunno... anything besides "I don't have to explain to a child"...

7/10. Not my favorite of the episodes. And it's certainly showing it's demographic. But at the same time in another Nick show Legend of Korra they basically showed someone kill himself and his brother so I don't think the network is limiting them...

I hope season 2 has less Monster of the Weeks. More plot growth and less kiddie tropes (like it showing the surviving people miraculously and randomly popping up from the water).

Edited by BrickG

Well the season finale was a bit on the weaker side. I think this being aimed at kids on Nick has gotten to it too much. I mean...

*spoilers*

They just tied everything in too neat of a bow. I was half expecting Leonardo to "sacrifice" himself and get sucked into Dimension X with the reveal that he survived being Season 2. The way he just "lol I didn't sacrifice myself tricked you" was a bit lame.

Also they still didn't explain April at all. She's specially tuned to the universe? What does that mean and why? I'd have liked more. I hope they actually answer it some day and don't leave it random.

Then the "reveal" about Kurai was so painfully obvious it was... painful. :P

Lastly Splinter never actually explained why he never helps. I'd really love some insight into his motivations. He's obviously capable. Maybe there's a story about how he had an apprentice long ago and was too soft which made them die. Idunno... anything besides "I don't have to explain to a child"...

7/10. Not my favorite of the episodes. And it's certainly showing it's demographic. But at the same time in another Nick show Legend of Korra they basically showed someone kill himself and his brother so I don't think the network is limiting them...

I hope season 2 has less Monster of the Weeks. More plot growth and less kiddie tropes (like it showing the surviving people miraculously and randomly popping up from the water).

Um, why is this in the LEGO discussion? I made a thread in Culture & Multimedia.

Probably my fault. I kind of vomited my last post with mentions of non lego topics. Sorry.

People get too touchy about threads. This is a Lego TMNT thread. It's based on the show. I talked about the show that which these Lego sets are based. Close enough. :tongue:

A bit off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone still has the file of the retailer's catalog that was posted some time back in this thread, where we first saw Shredder's Bike and the Kraang Lab Escape sets. Specifically, this post:

On this page:

http://dl.free.fr/ge...?file=/pnmToILH

when you click on red box saying:

"Valider et telecharger le fichier"

You can download preliminary catalog showing Kraang lab and Shredder's bike

As you can see, the file has been removed. I was wondering if anyone downloaded it and can send me all the pics?

Thanks! :blush:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I'm loving these sets. Having started with the "Kraang / Lair / Shredder Bike" combo to get all the turtles, I crumbled really easily and have committed to getting the lot. Furthermore, it spurred me on to grab the original comic books, the 80s cartoon, the IDW graphic novel reboots etc etc. Oh... and DVDs from the series that the LEGO is based on... lol

I'm really hoping that the success of the series encourages LEGO to keep bringing sets out - a Casey Jones is an absolute MUST HAVE and I could easily see a set with him and Raph (with new face perhaps). Spoilers are beginning to ooze out (see what I did there... heheheheh) on new season 2 characters and there's a lot to go on as long as wave one of the LEGO is a success.

Having been doing a lot of recent merchandise buying across the whole of 'Turtledom', I can say that there appears to be a lot of stuff, a lot of interest and a lot of momentum when it comes to TMNT at the moment, which is surely a good thing for the LEGO line. I'm crossing my fingers.

The Kraang polybag is up on TRU.com for $4.

Thanks! This is gonna sell out fast, but I'll get it while it's in stores.

I haven't seen the new cartoon and I know these are based off the new cartoon, but I want to see Casey, April, Bebop and Rocksteady, Alopex and Fugitoid to just name a few.

Oh and if anyone reads the current comic, the foot soldier version of Leonardo