CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I think the Kraang is a bit too big. He's supposed to fit in the stomaches of things. Yet he's clearly much too big in his "minifigure" form.

I think it is weird how they have Krang in that tripod thing, as that never appeared in the show. (Spoiler?)

The catalog doesn't list Dogpound or Fishface as minifigures for some reason. It says the Shellraiser "Includes 4 minifigures and a character!". So TLG doesn't even know what to call them. :laugh:

The Lego store where I live doesn't seem to advertise the TMNT sets at all. In fact, the TMNT sets are on the lower shelf buried underneath the brick buckets.

I picked up the Kraang Lab Escape set yesterday! It's a great little set. One thing I noticed, though, is that Mikey's nunchucks seem to be made out of a different plastic material. I'm talking about the brown "tubes". After clipping them into his hands, I noticed that it damaged the plastic ever so slightly. :hmpf_bad:

Lego nunchucks really are terrible. They need to custom mold that stuff. I kind of dislike Donnie's bo staff too...

I picked up the Kraang Lab Escape set yesterday! It's a great little set. One thing I noticed, though, is that Mikey's nunchucks seem to be made out of a different plastic material. I'm talking about the brown "tubes". After clipping them into his hands, I noticed that it damaged the plastic ever so slightly. :hmpf_bad:

I don't get why they have two style of nunchuks. The one in 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase are better than the brown tube ones.

I don't get why they have two style of nunchuks. The one in 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase are better than the brown tube ones.

One is supposed to be normal nunchucks, the other with the knife thing sticking out.

I think that Michelangelo and Donatello are meant to have "devolved" versions of their signature weapons in their two cheap sets, and "evolved" versions in the two more expensive sets. :wink:

I wish they would have done this with Raphael and Leonardo (brown sai and brown katanas would be awesome).

I think that Michelangelo and Donatello are meant to have "devolved" versions of their signature weapons in their two cheap sets, and "evolved" versions in the two more expensive sets. :wink:

Well, not exactly. As I've pointed out before in this thread, Mikey's and Donnie's weapons convert from regular to bladed versions in the show, so that's what TLG was going for. But like Legocrazy81, I don't get why they used those tubes for Mikey's nunchucks in the Kraang set. They are far too large, and they could have easily used the same design as in the Shellraiser, just without the fang. That way you could have had two nunchucks for Mikey if you got all the sets, but as it is, you have to get two of the same set to get two of the same kind of nunchucks. :thumbdown:

Well, not exactly. As I've pointed out before in this thread, Mikey's and Donnie's weapons convert from regular to bladed versions in the show, so that's what TLG was going for. But like Legocrazy81, I don't get why they used those tubes for Mikey's nunchucks in the Kraang set. They are far too large, and they could have easily used the same design as in the Shellraiser, just without the fang. That way you could have had two nunchucks for Mikey if you got all the sets, but as it is, you have to get two of the same set to get two of the same kind of nunchucks. :thumbdown:

Honestly I think it's simply because there's absolutely no good lego alternative without a new mold which I'm doubting they're willing to invest in.

Edited by BrickG

Dogpound looks absolutely ridiculous. Awful,just terrible. I am not a fan. Wouldn't mind the turtles though.

Are you referring to the character itself, or just the minifigure? Because the minifigure is a pretty darn accurate representation of the character...

Yeah, dogpound looks fine when compared to his character in the show. He's just too small.

But still, dogpound and fishface have yet to get anywhere near Bebop and Rocksteady. Though Fishface hasn't even gotten a proper episode yet.

Honestly I think it's simply because there's absolutely no good lego alternative without a new mold which I'm doubting they're willing to invest in.

I think the nunchuks in 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase to be just fine and a lot closer to a real set of 'chuks than the one in 79100 Kraang Lab Escape.

I think two of the plunger handles from the latest CMF wave with a short chain might be the all around best nunchuck option.

Though I have yet to see the plunger in hand...

I'd like the stick part and the chair part to be about half the size give or take. He needs to be bale to hold two of these things without them dragging on the ground.

Well, according to FBTB Toy Fair coverage, Lego did show TMNT sets but they were only the current line out now. My hopes for a summer line just went out the window. :cry_sad: Here's hoping that we will get a few sets for the winter line. Must have Casey Jones and Leatherhead......

Ow man- I sure hope the TMNT sets will be available soon in Belgium... Well, I hope they'll be available out here at all...

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Ow man- I sure hope the TMNT sets will be available soon in Belgium... Well, I hope they'll be available out here at all...

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I presume you can always order them from amazon.co.uk since they will be released in the uk. :)

Well, according to FBTB Toy Fair coverage, Lego did show TMNT sets but they were only the current line out now. My hopes for a summer line just went out the window. :cry_sad: Here's hoping that we will get a few sets for the winter line. Must have Casey Jones and Leatherhead......

Probably not enough material to work with for almost everything was covered in this wave.

I presume you can always order them from amazon.co.uk since they will be released in the uk. :)

Yeah, I know there's always a way to get them on the Net...

Still, if ever they won't come out out here, it'll make me sad because:

A) I won't be able to see the awesome sets grace my favourite local stores.

B) I'd know that some nitwitted suit in Belgium took the decision NOT to have LEGO sets based on a franchise that's been popular non-stop (well, almost) all over the world for over 25 years.

Oh well...

WOAH GUYS LOOK A NEW POLYBAG!

8348526034_a3b1447960.jpg

Just kidding. The model came from the awesome section of the official website with instructions for alternate builds to the sets!

But, if it was a real polybag, would y'all get it? What would be the pros/cons?

This link didnt work. id like to see the alt instructions but cant find them.

Also any ideas when its coming to australia?

This link didnt work. id like to see the alt instructions but cant find them.

Also any ideas when its coming to australia?

I can't seem to find it on the site either. The definitely changed the navigation on the site. Which sucks, 'cause those instructions were great. :sad:

I really like the Turtle figures but I've only seen the Baxter Stockman episode so any suggestions on a good set? I really like the Stealth Shell thing is that a good set?