CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

Are there any indications on the markets in which this theme will be available?

I really hope it won't be restricted to the US *huh*.

Based on my LEGO Club magazine from the UK, which advertised this theme a fair bit (although a release date wasn't given), I would say that this theme will eventually come to everyone else around the world. We just don't know when yet.

Based on my LEGO Club magazine from the UK, which advertised this theme a fair bit (although a release date wasn't given), I would say that this theme will eventually come to everyone else around the world. We just don't know when yet.

I see, thanks for sharing :wink: .

I have been told Feb for the UK release. Got a couple of lego turtle figures and they are fantastic. Cant wait for the sewer layer or shell raiser.

I'm liking some of these alternate builds more than the officially released ones in the sets. The Hot Rod alternative for the Shellraiser set, while not entirely in line with what I view the show to represent, is certainly eye-catching. Really awesome. I love that LEGO offers these for download, and it's certainly yet another reason to collect multiples for some of the more 'rabid' AFOLs, lol. (For better or worse, I think I belong in that category. :blush: )

That alternative build looks great. Much better than anything else I've seen presented for an official set. Although I doubt I will build any of the sets and just hold onto the figures for my early 90s memories..

I found the Sewer lair today at Meijer. The first one i went to had all the sets but the Lair. I did find it at the next one I went to though. Looks like they just crammed the sets into any open space on the shelf, they hadn't done their new layouts yet, The lair was the last set I was missing. Can't wait to build it!

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the sets I've built this far (I'm writing as someone who grew up with the original cartoon and toys and is really enjoying the new series).

Kraang Lab Escape - Nice little set. Nothing mind-blowing but nothing disappointing either. The Kraang character is a neat little piece similar to the "clingers" from Alien Conquest (can be placed over a minifig's head). In fact, the little walker vehicle thing would fit in perfect with the AC sets. Solid set.

Stealth Shell Pursuit - Another nice little set. Fishface is a great minifig, well sculpted and show accurate. The boat he pilots is nothing to write home about but a solid vehicle nonetheless. The stealth shell itself is a cool design. It's very, very similar to Batman's tumbler, kind of a mini version. The turtle driver (Raph is included) has to lay down to drive, but there are clips for his weapons (something that this line seems to be good about).

Shredder's Dragon Bike -The only reason to get this set is the Shredder minifig. The bike is ridiculously huge and seems unfinished. I cannot understand why the designer chose to attach the "head" of the bike the way he/she did. The area where Shredder sits seems very bare and unadorned (the Kraang vehicle gets two printed dial tiles in its cockpit but nothing for this bike). I built the model and then tore it down again in less than one hour, I was that unimpressed with it. Donnie and his skateboard are fine, and would make for a nice polybag set, but don't save the set. But the Shredder minifig is top notch.

Shellraiser Street Chase - Most disappointing set I've ever purchased in terms of construction stability and I REALLY wanted to like this set. I really did. I was so looking forward to building it (I built it after building the other three listed above). This thing is primed to implode. If a vehicle is designed to open at the sides and have a removable roof it needs to be solid in all other areas to support this and the Shellraiser most definitely isn't. Any kid playing with this will cry, throw it across the room in frustration or both. It looks great, so it's a great set for display but any play will result in sides collapsing and/or becoming detached from the base. The wheels are not easy to move up and down because there really isn't anywhere to safely grip the vehicle to get the necessary leverage (again, implosion may occur). On the positive side, the little pizza delivery truck is a nice build, simple but has some great decals. And Dogpound is THE BOMB. He is an excellent minifig that is wonderfully show-accurate and detailed (and yes, he has a tail).

All in all, as a big fan of the new show, I think the sets are worth it for the excellent minifigs. Not all the models live up to the high expectations I have for LEGO products though. Just wanted to share my thoughts for those who may be considering these sets. ( And, by the way, the turtle minifigs are all excellent as well.)

Yeah the models often suck. I think the only model that's pretty darned good is the Baxter Stockman mech thing (and not the little stupid vehicles included with it).

And yet, this still manages to be my favorite current lego franchise. :P

I mean, I guess to me models aren't as important as minifigures. I could always build a better model (and plan to for these TMNT things). I can't very easily make a high quality minifigure for one that doens't exist or suck, though I want to get into minifigure customization when I have more time in my life. As it is I have almost no time to mess with all the Lego sets I buy, let alone even build unique ones.

I'm kind of planning, when I get the time, to do a scene that elevates to different franchises. Starting in the sewers with the Ninja Turtles, to the streets with Marvel and DC, to the sky with Star Wars. I'm sure I'll fail though as I do not have the collection to muster up something like that. :(

Edited by BrickG

What I wouldn't give for some vintage figs and sets. Maybe we'll get a four pack of the original comic book versions as con specials.

What I wouldn't give for some vintage figs and sets. Maybe we'll get a four pack of the original comic book versions as con specials.

The first part of your comment is awesome. I would hate it to be a Con exclusive. That would be no good, because then I wouldn't be able to get. :tongue:

Con exclusives are freakin' evil. I'm talking going to war evil. Lets go to war with Lego. I'm sick of missing out because I don't go to a con and won't spend $200 for a single minifigure!

Anyways, I think it would be cool if there was like a Technodrome set based on the original series. A huge set with all the main characters of the original series plus a few foot soldiers.

Con exclusives are freakin' evil. I'm talking going to war evil. Lets go to war with Lego. I'm sick of missing out because I don't go to a con and won't spend $200 for a single minifigure!

Anyways, I think it would be cool if there was like a Technodrome set based on the original series. A huge set with all the main characters of the original series plus a few foot soldiers.

A Technodrome would be killer! It has to be UCS though, so it can get the right amount of details in there. It'd be awesome too to see someone PF it to be RC! :thumbup:

I don't like damaging people's hopes about future sets, but here I am sad to say that I have no choice.

People seem to be under the illusion that we could get sets based on the old series. Based on the fact that the licence is from Nickelodeon, we almost certainly WON'T get sets based on the old series. Also, all we would probably ever get from Comic-Con is exclusive minifigures rather than sets.

Edited by Bounty Hunter Supreme

Has anyone found these at WalMart yet? I don't want to pay TRU's insane markups and K-Mart has been dry since I saw some of the sets during Xmas.

Has anyone found these at WalMart yet? I don't want to pay TRU's insane markups and K-Mart has been dry since I saw some of the sets during Xmas.

I've now seen them at both Target and Walmart (in Missouri). Happy hunting!

I don't like damaging people's hopes about future sets, but here I am sad to say that I have no choice.

People seem to be under the illusion that we could get sets based on the old series. Based on the fact that the licence is from Nickelodeon, we almost certainly WON'T get sets based on the old series. Also, all we would probably ever get from Comic-Con is exclusive minifigures rather than sets.

Were just saying we would love to get classic style sets, not that were expecting them.

Actually, Nickelodeon bought the rights to the entire franchise a couple of years ago. The original writers are allowed to release comics through their Mirage label, but the characters and situations ALL belong wholesale to Nick. I think it's less likely that we'll see classic sets simply because TLG wants to ride the coat tails of what's happening NOW, as opposed to what happened 20 years ago. Think of when all the licensed themes were released, even Star Wars. There was new material coming to sustain those lines. If we were going to see classic TMNT, it would have been in the first wave, like POTC or Indiana Jones. And it hurts to say that, seeing as how every day of my childhood was ruled by Turtles. I'd love to see the Technodrome, Bebop and Rocksteady, etc. but I just don't think we will, unless they show up in the new show.

I too would love to see the classic characters, I'd like to see some of the obscure toy characters. Could you imagine how awesome the fly version of Stockman would be?!(what with the GS bugs) But...

When I saw the photos of this line, i did like it and was excited for them, but now that I just got done building 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase set and obtaining all four Turtles I can officially say that I am in love with this theme. :tongue::wub: 79104 didn't really interest me a whole lot, I mean I liked it ok, and once I found out it also had train wheels, that bumped it up a few more points.

Once I got it in my hands and built, I like it a lot more. It really is a cool vehicle. The shell roof is a great detail. The Turtles themselves are insanely cool! Some of the best looking figs, ever(yeah, I said it). I certainly hope this theme is not a one and done, but lasts for MANY years(that means people have to watch the show!).

Dogpound is an interesting fig. He's not quite a minifig, yet he's not quite a maxifig(??). Where do we categorize him? He is a new size we've never seen before?

Dogpound is a medifig( medium figure).

I'm not so sure. He's no taller than a minifig, but bulkier in the torso.

The catalog doesn't list Dogpound or Fishface as minifigures for some reason. It says the Shellraiser "Includes 4 minifigures and a character!". So TLG doesn't even know what to call them. :laugh:

I like Dogpound and Fishface more than I thought I would. Except my Dogpound's printing seems a bit messy, it's got little streaks on his bigger arm going nowhere.