CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I just looked on LEGO.com and saw the release for TMNT has been moved to the 19th!

We can get them before Christmas! I'm so happy! :sweet:

Actually, it says guaranteed shipping to those who order by midnight on the 18th...but we'll see. Yesterday, they had moved the Turtles from the 17th to the 24th, and now it's back to the 19th. I'd check it daily and hope they manage to get them to people by Christmas.

For those with local LEGO stores, do LEGO Stores usually release sets for a new theme on the same day as the LEGO online store? Or is there no correlation between the two (ie LEGO Stores release new themes before or after the online store)?

For those with local LEGO stores, do LEGO Stores usually release sets for a new theme on the same day as the LEGO online store? Or is there no correlation between the two (ie LEGO Stores release new themes before or after the online store)?

Same day.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I have had mixed feelings about Lego TMNT. I mean, in some places it's awesome like the Turtle Lair, but others I don't like. So I pose this question. Which one is your favourite? Why?

Sorry for being off-topic, but I have had mixed feelings about Lego TMNT. I mean, in some places it's awesome like the Turtle Lair, but others I don't like. So I pose this question. Which one is your favourite? Why?

So far the set I would recommend the most, especially to people on the fence, is the Stealth Shell in Pursuit.

It's reasonably priced

The Stealth Bike is a decent build with some unique parts

Fishface is a fun and interesting figure

And it comes with Raphael, a Foot Soldier and some mutagen canisters - even if you've never heard of Fishface or the Stealth Bike, these three elements are nice and nostalgia inducing.

Fishface's jetskit thing is probably the weak link in the set, but it's nice piece fodder.

Thoughts on the other sets:

*Kraang's lab escape - I plan on buying a couple more of this set to troop build. The "cell" to put MIkey in is pretty blah, but Mikey, his nunchucks, the foot soldier and the kraang are all winners in my book. Plus you get pizza!

*Shredder's Dragon Bike - an interesting build and a great source of parts, but I find the final bike model itself to be laughably too large when compared to the minifigures. It's hard to take it seriously. Might try and MOC it into a car. Donatello's cool, but he comes with the superior Robot Rampage set. Getting a Shredder is the only reason to pick this one up, IMO.

*Baxter's Robot Rampage - probably the second place recommendation from me. The mech is cool and fun, with some neat weapon gimmicks. It's the kind of build I could easily see showing up in an Agents or Sci-Fi theme. You get April, which is a bonus, and Don and Raph. I really like the turtle go-cart. The plane thingee isn't as cool, but it's not a deal breaker at all.

*Shellraiser - I find it hard to recommend this one. The Shellraiser itself was a frustrating build and the final model is not very show accurate (from what I can tell, so far it's only glanced briefly in the opening credits). I've started MOCing it slightly to try and fix that (there are some HUGE color differences that I won't be able to overcome, at least not without some serious rebuilding). The Dogpound figure is awesome, but I dislike Mikey with the tongue-sticking-out faceprint, the foot soldier in red pants, and the Kraang android figure pales in comparison to the walker from the Lab set. I also think I'll prefer the Leonardo from the Lair set once I finally get it, but right now this is the only Leo option I have. He's so angry looking, though.

Having said all that I'm having a ton of fun MOCing the Shellraiser and the more I play with it the more it endears itself to me. But it's still hard to recommend to someone else.

Edited by Hobbestimus

Thanks! I might pick up one now! Did you have an opinion on the turtle Lair? If so, I want to hear it! Thanks again for the advice!

Today I finally found the Baxter set at my Toys"R"Us! It was so hard to resist from picking up! I love the size of the box, too. :grin:

My TRU had all of the sets except the Lair. However, the prices were ridiculous. There is no way I will buy it for those amounts, so I will just wait for S@H sometime, or other stores.

I know I will not pick up the whole line since I don't care for the new villains. So I am going to pick up Kraang's Lab Escape, Shredder's Bike, and the Lair. That way I will get the main figures I care about with some foot soldiers. I will have to bricklink April, but the rest of the Baxter set doesn't interest me (Baxter included) and I don't want multiples of each Turtle.

My Toys R Us had what I would call a usual Lego markup on the TMNT sets, but the in-store prices were at least cheaper than TRU.com.

Plus I got 10% off on the haul for opening the TRU credit card.

Is the Turtle Lair an exclusive? I ask because Amazon has all of the sets (including Baxter's Robot) but not the Lair. I find that rather strange.

Edit: Strange enough, TRU's website doesn't have it either.

Edited by gundamz

I don't think so. The Lair isn't categorized as Hard To Find on S@H, unlike the Baxter set. Maybe TRU and Amazon will just get it a bit later like the Batcave last year.

I don't remember this being mentioned, so my apologies if it was. I saw a video over on FBTB about the design aspect of the theme. 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase just went up in it's cool factor! I was unaware that the wheels could pop up over the body and it has train wheels underneath for tracks! That's awesome. :thumbup:

I didn't know that either. I still won't get the set, but that is an awesome feature!

I am going to order Kraang's Lab Escape tonight, just because it is cheap and I want a Michelangelo!

Actually, it says guaranteed shipping to those who order by midnight on the 18th...but we'll see. Yesterday, they had moved the Turtles from the 17th to the 24th, and now it's back to the 19th. I'd check it daily and hope they manage to get them to people by Christmas.

But doesn't it say "Coming Soon on 19 of December"? I just thought...

Never mind. You're probably right.

I'm not sure what the chances are of TLG creating a Leatherhead figure if this first wave sells well, but after today's episode, I'm willing to buy them all two times over if it'll increase the chances...

(Hey, I can branch out from castle, right?) :wink:

Edited by Crownie

I'm not sure what the chances are of TLG creating a Leatherhead figure if this first wave sells well, but after today's episode, I'm willing to buy them all two times over if it'll increase the chances...

A Leatherhead figure would be awesome, we can only hope.

Cant wait to get my hands on a few of these sets, just have to wait till the new year. :thumbdown::cry2:

I just saw the Leatherhead episode via a very naughty means and he is awesome! If Lego don't do a Leatherhead it'll be a crime.

He'd make a very cool fig(thinking maxi fig with a movable upper jawbone!). They certainly reinvented Leatherhead though. I liked him though.

Now this is awesome!

This thread is awesome? These sets are awesome? This show is awesome? I think we need to elaborate a little here...

I totally agree with you guys. Leather head is awesome! I really want them to make a Leather head minifig or maxi fig.

I just thought, would Leather head maxi-fig be a good Killer Croc from Batman?

I just thought, would Leather head maxi-fig be a good Killer Croc from Batman?

It sure could. That might be a great opportunity for Lego to use a similar mold to make two very desirable characters. :thumbup: