CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

Ooh, I'm liking these more and more! I still have so much from this year to get though...and all the other sets next year, damn you TLG! Taking all my money...

The sewer base(?) looks quite good. I got no plans to buy any of this theme, but the car revealed at fist seemed abit bad.

The box art helps this set a great deal tho.

Edited by deskp

Wow I love the stealth shell, yes includes Raphael I estimate £14.99 or £11.99. The lair looks good but I think it will be £40 or £50 though. Now I can't wait for shredder's bike.

Ooh, the base thing looks nice, even though it's not a proper building. The motorcycle thing is okay too, for its size.

From a distance, it almost looks as if the Turtles have non-pupilled and non-irised eyes. Ah well.

Great! I'm not overly excited about the design of the sets, but I can't wait to get those minifigs! I wish they would make a set with only minifigs, like one with 4 turtles + april + foot soldier, and one with Shredder, Baxter, footsolder Bebop and Rocksteady :wub_drool:

I think 2013 is the year LEGO will start making small LEGO sets $10. But 79002 is in the middle of the line, so I don't think it could be the smallest set... Oh, and I love the Turtle Lair set. :wub:

Like I said before, it's probably supposed to be Chris Bradford who followed the turtles into the sewer in the latest episode. His headgear is not very accurate, though, as it is supposed to be made of metal, not cloth. The general shape is there, but they could have at least made it (dark) gray. Hopefully it's a preliminary stand-in, but I'm not holding my breath.

Chris Bradford is a semi-famous musician who happens to be a martial arts nut, so I thought you were being sarcastic. :laugh: As you can see I haven't watched the last episode yet. It is nice to have named human villains in the sets besides just the Foot soldiers and Shredder.

I grew up with Legos and TMNT. These made my childhood. And the most unexpected thing in my life is, the combination of these.

I'll say, "Do Want" on this collection. Eventhough the new series does not appeal to me that much, but the Lego turtles (and the rat-sensei) amazed me a lot.

I haven't the faintest clue about anything TMNT, but these sets are pretty cool. I actually quite like the Turtle lair, that little half-pipe on top is clever. And, the Turtle's as minifigures are growing on me.

I think these sets look pretty good! The Ralph set looks really nice as the small set, and the sewer looks like a fun play set for the kids. I am hoping that Metalhead will appear in a set with Donatello, but I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

I'm really likin' the Sewer Lair set, and after finally watching the new animated series I must say this set pretty much captures the essence of the sewer lair in the cartoon. Though like most Licensed sets, I'm mostly intersted in the minifigs and I'm hoping I could get the complete cast of heroes (plus Shredder) without getting all the sets.

It's also nice to hear the younger generation getting accustomed to TMNT. I'm sure this product line wouldn't have any problem attracting the 80s/90s generation but it would be interesting to see how well this product line (in connection with the new cartoon series) will do with the younger demographic.

I could be biased because I happen to love the Nick show, but I think these are pretty good. I can see how the LEGO designers would've been challenged to create something to match the show and keep it within a certain piece count/price point.

I wasn't a fan of the Dougpound figure, but this Fishface minifig rocks!

It's also nice to hear the younger generation getting accustomed to TMNT. I'm sure this product line wouldn't have any problem attracting the 80s/90s generation but it would be interesting to see how well this product line (in connection with the new cartoon series) will do with the younger demographic.

I have a feeling it is going to do extremely well with the kids. I've heard all the new action figures have been selling really well, and combine that with the fact that the ratings have been crazy good I think LEGO has a real winner on their hands :thumbup:

P.S. nice avatar! :classic:

Edited by Spider-Man

I really like that Turtle Lair set!! Honestly, it's even better than what I was expecting. I love the 'tiered' approach they took with it, going all the way up to street level. So far, this will be the first set that I buy.

The sewer set looks kind of dumb yet...I really LIKE it at the same time! I dunno, I think I just have a soft spot for sets that are more "playset" then "vehicle". I am glad it's (most likely) going to be cheaper than the Shellraiser, so I'll probably be able to afford to pick it up.

I wonder if we'll actually get two versons of all four turtles like some of us are predicting. I'm starting to think we might not. :sad:

Based on the pics for three of the five sets we've seen, we are getting TWO Leos, TWO Ralphs, and one Mikey. So if we were getting two versions of each, we still need one Mikey and TWO Dons. The last two sets are most likely the cheapest and smallest sets of this wave so they will include at least one turtle, but since they are most likely small sets I sort of doubt we'll be getting two turtles in a set. My guess is it'll be one turtle and one bad guy per set. And I feel that it's going to be Don that'll be the odd turtle out. Stinks, since he's my favorite.

Of course, maybe there is a sixth exclusive set in this wave that we don't know about yet. Fingers crossed!

Also interesting to note that they put Leo in the two most expensive sets. Smart for TLG's profits, since fans will now have to buy at least one of the expensive sets if they want all four turtles.

That fish man having gollum hands strange

Why? the characther has very similar arms to gollum in the tv series. only pink.... Either way why would they make another very simialr mold?

noob

@ Pranas

Yeah I think it will be two of each except Donatello, I think he will be in the Kraang's Lab Escape with Kraang and a foot soldier. And Michaelangelo will be in the Shredder Dragon Bike with Shredder and a foot soldier. I will probably get all the sets appart from the Shellraiser, and I will have to get Dogpound off of Bricklink or something. Also I will probably wipe ebay and bricklink of their foot soldiers.

Edited by Jackattack7

I'll be getting the Stealth Shell set for sure, that fishface looks good! Other than that, I just want Shredder. :grin:

You see with recent posts and the reason I want to get TMNT is for the minfigs. That is the main selling point, if you had the chance to get those figures in a magnet set I think a lot more people would get that instead of the Lair or The Shellraiser.

I can't get past the fact that Mike's and Don's weapons suck. Hopefully if they do a second wave of this they'll make a proper lego Nunchuck and Bo.

That poster really makes the different shades of the turtles noticeable! Its awesome to see that LEGO did in fact make them different :classic:

Are you sure it's not ONLY in the poster? The minifigures we've been shown have had exactly the same shades of green unlike the poster. I'd first trust them rather than a poster.