CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

Being a huge TMNT fan growing Up And a huge Lego fan I wish this came out when i was a kid But this is fantastic, with the New TMNT show airing on Nick i think the Turtle will gain alot of new fans and these lego will be awesome i cant wait.

I'm in for at least a few of these. Not a fan of the Shellraiser, so that's one I'll skip [hope I can get those turtles elsewhere] but it is supposed to be a retrofitted subway car, so I'll be anticipating the changes people make so that it runs on tracks.

Wow you don't log in for a while and this is what happens, new design, and now TMNT from lego, now if lego would do a deal for transformers every kid from the 80s would be over the moon.

In the first pick, what the smeg is Micky holding, are they supposed to be nunchucks?.

Wow you don't log in for a while and this is what happens, new design, and now TMNT from lego, now if lego would do a deal for transformers every kid from the 80s would be over the moon.

In the first pick, what the smeg is Micky holding, are they supposed to be nunchucks?.

Theyre nunchucks, but a new special kind that can sprout a sharp knife, I forget the name of them.But they exist in real life, modern ninja train and use them.

Damn finally my dream has come real,finally lego TMNT !!!!! The sets look awsome escpecialy the minifigures,we finally getting a lego shredder minifig,I'd better save my money for this theme.

I'm actually a little mad that TLG made this line. Because no matter how stupid any of the sets are, I'm probably going to buy them all. I'm a child of the 80's and TMNT were my life, I freaking love them. I need a second job.

For those wondering why the Krang minifig looks the way he does instead of like the 80s version...

The 80s cartoon was based off Eastman and Laird's original comic. In the comic, aliens called Utroms had robotic bodies and brains in their stomachs, and they were the original creators of the mutagen. For the wonderful 80s cartoon, they decided to just have one guy with a brain in his stomach, which was Krang. The 2003 series reintroduced the Utroms, and then one of the series key villains ended up being an Utrom. Now the 2012 series also has the Utroms, but they decided to call them the Kraang. Anyway, these guys are part of Turtles history, even if it's not the Krang character we grew up with in the 80s/90s.

Thanks for the info regarding Krang. Had no idea and knew only what was on tv back in the day.

For those wondering why the Krang minifig looks the way he does instead of like the 80s version...

The 80s cartoon was based off Eastman and Laird's original comic. In the comic, aliens called Utroms had robotic bodies and brains in their stomachs, and they were the original creators of the mutagen. For the wonderful 80s cartoon, they decided to just have one guy with a brain in his stomach, which was Krang. The 2003 series reintroduced the Utroms, and then one of the series key villains ended up being an Utrom. Now the 2012 series also has the Utroms, but they decided to call them the Kraang. Anyway, these guys are part of Turtles history, even if it's not the Krang character we grew up with in the 80s/90s.

Now that's some knowledge. I was a little confused but it has been like 15 years so I just assumed something new had come out.

LEGO just released this statement about how to get the exclusive Kraang minifig:

Don’t miss an exclusive LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ event at the LEGO® Store!

On Saturday, October 13th, help us celebrate our newest theme! Visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center and get a sneak peak of a LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ set launching in January 2013!

Plus, be one of the first 300 people to visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center, dressed as your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle™ and you will receive a free exclusive minifigure!

October 13, The LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center

Saturday, October 13: 10 am – 8 pm

Hm....a set reveal? I wonder if it'll be different than the Shellraiser that was already shown.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

LEGO just released this statement about how to get the exclusive Kraang minifig:

Don’t miss an exclusive LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ event at the LEGO® Store!

On Saturday, October 13th, help us celebrate our newest theme! Visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center and get a sneak peak of a LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ set launching in January 2013!

Plus, be one of the first 300 people to visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center, dressed as your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle™ and you will receive a free exclusive minifigure!

Hm....a set reveal? I wonder if it'll be different than the Shellraiser that was already shown.

Well I bet it talks about the exclusive minifigure but another set reveal?I can hardly imagine that but who knows I'm already in love with this theme cant wait to see more!!!

I"m staying away from most sets these days because of space, but I'll definitely be picking up the minifigs.

I'm also thrilled that the exclusive characters aren't vital characters. If I never get a black Leo or a battle damaged Kraang (as cool as he looks) I can still get the regular versions of these characters. Nice!

Transformers? What?

I'm sorry, it's Masters of the Universe all the way! :wink:

And back on topic, if we got Dogpound, can Fishface be far behind? (I'd love Leatherhead to the point of selling and organ [Kidding...mostly], but I can't really see that happening.) It's almost safe to assume we'll get April, right? It'll be fun to see how some of these other sets shape up!

April's a given. I imagine the Kraang Lab Escape set will recreate the scene from the pilot episodes where Donatello busted her and her dad out of prison.

It's almost safe to assume we'll get April, right?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. She has never had a very big role in TMNT. It's always mostly about the Turtles and their enemies, at least for toy companies. Besides, even if she does get made, she'll be very different to any previous interpretation of her due to her portrayal in the new show. She's much younger for instance. So if you're hoping for a minifig that looks like her 80's version, you'll be better off with a custom.

Ya, here is the current April O'Neil... it makes me puke in my mouth a little :sceptic:

AprilONeil-Nick.jpg

Also Lego will most likely never ever do a Transformers line. Not only am I unsure how well transforming robots that look like vehicles would cross over to building brick sets, but Transformers is owned by Hasbro to boot. That mean the chances are zilch to none.

Oh, yeah I got an email from Lego about this......I'm in AUSTRALIA, Lego....how I'm I going to get to New York City in under 24 hours ! *huh*:rofl:

I wonder how many of these exclusive minifigs going to end up on Ebay or Bricklink ? :wink:

Plus that April O'Neil looks a little like Gwen from Ben10 ! :wink: So perhaps Lego might do a better job eh ? :wink:

Ya, here is the current April O'Neil... it makes me puke in my mouth a little :sceptic:

AprilONeil-Nick.jpg

Also Lego will most likely never ever do a Transformers line. Not only am I unsure how well transforming robots that look like vehicles would cross over to building brick sets, but Transformers is owned by Hasbro to boot. That mean the chances are zilch to none.

Yeah her look isn't too... good... Heck, I don't really like any of the humans in the new show look wise. But I understand the logic of her character. Changing it from an adult reporter to a teen like the turtles just makes sense. As much of a Turtle fan I've been all my life April was never that good of a character. She just played the damsel in distress to annoying extents. At least this one will be able to talk to the Turtles on their level and eventually learn to fight.

Thanks for the reference image. Yes, that's what she looks like, and I think she would look even worse as a chubby minifig. :sceptic:

And this is a bit off-topic, but I agree about the transfomers. We have seen that it can be done in Hasbro's Kre-O sets, but they would never hand over the license to Lego.

Oh, yeah I got an email from Lego about this......I'm in AUSTRALIA, Lego....how I'm I going to get to New York City in under 24 hours ! *huh*:rofl:

Yeah, this email was quite on short notice. Quick, if you jump on the next plane, you just might make it! :head_back:

By the way, for those who didn't get the email and were worrying about there not being any pizza in the Shellraiser set, don't fret. It featured a picture of Michelangelo holding a tan :oh: pizza! About time we got that piece in this color again!

TMNT_h3.jpg

By the way, for those who didn't get the email and were worrying about there not being any pizza in the Shellraiser set, don't fret. It featured a picture of Michelangelo holding a tan :oh: pizza! About time we got that piece in this color again!

Ooooooh, nice pizza, though isn't the print different from the blah one we've been getting for decades? It's about time for an update of that piece.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
trimmed down lengthy quote with picture.

Hm, perhaps you're right. I didn't think the print needed an update, but it does look better than the old one. Let's just hope it's printed and not stickered.

Hm, perhaps you're right. I didn't think the print needed an update, but it does look better than the old one. Let's just hope it's printed and not stickered.

I did some looking and that one is new and more realistic that that old one, which was yellow with red triangles to represent slices. And it better be printed or someone will be very mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahaa, it literally happened to me when I saw that pic.

TMNT was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid. I caught a bit of the 2003 rehash as well in my teens which was not too bad. Megab***s used to do TMNT at that time, but they were garbage as expected. I'm sure Lego will do a better job :)

I also hope that classic TMNT characters like Bebop, Rocksteady, Casey and Baxter Stockman (Fly version) appear somewhere down the line.

Yeah bring on Baxter Stockman,

post-13414-0-54537100-1350084657_thumb.jpg

I wish they did it at other LEGO stores. I think it will be just the Shellraiser set.