CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I can't say I really care for it and I'm not a Turltes fan, so I'll skip. Other than the villain figures nothing interests me that couldn't be found in Ninjago, or at least in this set.

I'm really not a fan of these pictures! This theme had a lot more potential. Turtles would be better if their backs were attached to heads or some other way, but this extra piece around their neck looks wierd for a turrtle which has a short neck (at least the ones from cartoons do). Kraang's "container" used to be a lot taller and they could easily use the upper torso part with long arms and some fine prints in the armor part. The van looks a like a pile of junk! Finally - Splinter? A really big dissapointment. The Chima figure looks more accurate even if it's a wolf, than this horsish mould. I admit it, I haven't seen the new series, and stuff might be accurate to it, but sorry this aint TMNT I pictured when I heard the news. Will miss Bebop and Rocksteady if they're not in there!

Oh well, on the other side I really love the themes (in minority) that spare me some money for other LEGO :D

I completely agree with the comment on that page that the turtles look like they have vaginas. Krang looks like shit and I'm really not a fan of Don's bo staff. I'm VERY sad to see no Casey Jones :(

All my whiney complaints aside, Shredder is badass. I'll buy whatever set he comes in (likely the most expensive) just to get him.

Watch the language please. And lets stay away from referencing genitalia when referring to minifigs. I don't care if someone else said it first.

There's no Casey because I don't think he's appearing in the first season of this new Ninja Turtles. Also, I don't really care myself. For some reason I've never liked the guy.

Anyways, I still have yet to actually start customing minifigures but I want to later. I might throw an effort at these Turtles. Maybe try to dye them the proper colors and put on the missing details. As much as I like them it's still killing me that I'm constantly thinking that they could do much much better.

The set so far looks... interesting. I like the box art, but the armored truck looks pretty Mega'ish. :sceptic:

I do love the figures and the other truck.

I use to love Ninja turtles as a kid, and even though I'm not terribly interested in them any more, I'll definitely pick some of these up. The minifigs look really great, and Shredder is just :wub:

Cowabunga! These minifigs look great, especially Shredder! The turtles look pretty much how I imagined them to. I still wish they had the pupil-less eyes, but oh well. It's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be any way of attaching their weapons to their shells. The Shellraiser does look interesting and seems to come with a lot of useful parts, and at $60, it seems like a pretty good deal. And if all the other sets are cheaper than this (as the set numbers would indicate), even better. I'm guessing the other half of the team will come with the sewer lair set, along with Splinter. I hope the Foot Soldier and Kraang come in the smallest set too so that we can build armies of them!

It's also a shame about the NYCC exclusives. Those are some of the coolest figs in this theme, so it's sad that only a thousand people will be able to get their hands on them. The Dark Turtle's face looks just like how the regular turtles's faces should look. But I shall let this frustrating news wash over me "like a river over a stone" as Splinter would say. Besides, if this line does well, we might see the four turtles without pupils in future sets.

So even though I have never been a huge TMNT fan, I am excited for these sets. :sweet:

At first, I wasn't really excited about it. But the minifigs actually look good.

I'm really interested in Shredder's head, behind the mask.

That Krang-android looks really epic indeed :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

It's the little things that excite me, which is why I'm thrilled about the new red trash can color, perfect for a biohazard bin. Also, does the pink plate/white tile combo with pink stickers seem a little half-assed to anyone else?

Edited by BigRedGoat

Fantastic set.....I'm impressed and this product should do well as the show is now on Nick around the world. :wink:

Might have to twist my arm to buy some set...so I have a full set of Turtles eating pizza ! :laugh:

Cowabunga !

The turtles look AWESOME and The Shredder.....BEYOND AWESOME ! :grin_wub:

Oops, looks like I'm spending some Lego cash on some little green turtles ! :rofl:

I love the set. All the vibrant colors and characters are bringing me back to when I was younger. All of the figures look great besides the turtles. They don't satisfy to my liking, but look accurate to the new show besides their skin tone. But those foot soldiers, I'll be army building like there is no tomorrow. I just can't wait to see the rest of the sets. :wub:

Are we only getting that set?

No, that is just the only set revealed.

Oh, and here is something I've been wanting to do in a while... I did a picture analysis of the set, pointing out some cool pieces you might not spot at first. Here's the link to the Flickr page.

Here it is (the picture is big):

8078206653_0682b4c13e_h.jpg

Edited by just2good

I get a bit of a Toy Story vibe from these pics, probably the cartoony looks and the primary colours. I would imagine that this is replacing Spongebob as the Nickolodeon licence?

Great news! I'm not too excited about the design of the vehicles... but the minifigs look good! Especially Shredder! But I don't know about Krang, the printing looks a bit messy. Is that Splinter to the left? I hope they will make more minifigs, like Baxter Stockamn, Bebop and Rocksteady, Usagi Yojimbo etc.

Edited by LegoJalex

I get a bit of a Toy Story vibe from these pics, probably the cartoony looks and the primary colours. I would imagine that this is replacing Spongebob as the Nickolodeon licence?

I'm getting this vibe, too. But I loved the Toy Story theme, just for how cartoony it looked and nostalgia. :grin:

And licensed theme do not replace other licensed themes. And why would LEGO stop making Spongebob? There probably will not be any sets this year, but the second movie comes out next year, so...

Edited by just2good

So which Mega Bloks theme will they copy next?

edit - Whow, what just happend to my signature? -

Edited by Bobskink

I'm not a huge fan of TMNT, but the minifigs and sets look amazing! I hope we get to see some back pictures of the figs!

So does this finally replace spongebob?

Not really digging it. But it totally isn't my thing. Looks like it could have some great parts, though!