deen

Modular Toy Store

I just visited my local toy store and was pleasantly surprised that almost all LEGO Games sets were on big discount. So I decided to pick up a few to make a modular mostly out of the sets.

cimg3280.jpg

The shopping list consists of:

- 5 Minotaurus. 8 euro each

- 2 Ninjago, 10 euro each

- 1 City Alarm, 5 euro (it was the only one)

- 1 Lunar Command, 8 euro (ditto), 271 pcs

- 1 Heroica Fortaan, 10 euro

- 1 Heroica Nathuz, 8 euro

This all for a total sum of 91 euro's! For 2584 pieces, including 5 green and 1 gray 32x32 baseplates and 114!!! microfigures!

So I thought, what better way to get rid of all those hideous microfigures than to build a modular store for them to be sold.

I hope to post some pics of the progress during the weekend.

Comments and requests are welcome!

Edited by deen

Yeah the LEGO Games seem to go on sale quite often, useful for MOCers :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your modular and how you incorporate 114 microfigs :laugh:

Okay, 1st update. Last night I finished most of the ground floor. I still need to do the interior and tile the pavement. I have already used 28 microfigs... only 86 to go :pir_wacko: !! I have tried to use as little pieces, other than the pieces from the Lego Games.

Entrance:

cimg3281.jpg

With sliding doors!

cimg3286.jpg

Top view

cimg3282.jpg

Back view

cimg3283.jpg

Close up of the stairs and back door.

cimg3285.jpg

Very nice work so far 'deen', those microfigs have come in handy eh ? :laugh:

I like the lime green stair case and the red sliding doors.....of which how will they be operated once completed ?

Keep going and Brick On ! :classic:

I like the lime green stair case and the red sliding doors.....of which how will they be operated once completed ?

Thanks! The doors are sliding between two walls, on lime green tiles. No sophisticating techniques used there.. To prevent them from getting stuck in the hole between the walls, they can't be opened any further than shown on the picture.

The spiral staircase is great! And so is the back entrance.

I was going to ask about your shopfront then I realised it actually had to contain the sliding doors (GREAT too!).

The staircase looks great. You're sort of brave to buy so many LEGO games, I have no idea how to include all those microfigs. They're giving a very colourful vibe to the building, that I'm not sure yet if I'll like it. Let's wait to see it finished. Meanwhile, enjoy the building. :sweet:

It looks excellent so far. Love the sliding door and the use of so many microfigures... :wink: Well good luck with finishing your MOC and have fun.

Thanks all for the comments. I just finished the thirst floor. Just one more floor to go! Hope you like it.

cimg3287.jpg

cimg3288.jpg

cimg3289.jpg

Looks fantastic 'deen', my only suggestion would be replacing two of those green 1x6x5 panels with clear ones.

Now that you've added the second level, it looks even more spectacular. I like how you used Lotso from Toy Story. :wink:

That is an awesome idea, and the product is coming out great! I love all the color, and I can't wait to see it completed :sweet:

That is an awesome idea, and the product is coming out great! I love all the color, and I can't wait to see it completed :sweet:

You won't have to wait for long, as I just completed the second floor and the roof. I will post pics as soon as possible.

Awesome update! I love the "TOYS" sign and the big pink bear (Lotso). :sweet:

Thanks. It's just a shame it's the dirty version of Lotso. I also hope to use some of the other Toy Story characters to spice up the interior.

It's getting better. Now I see why so many colours were included in the first building steps. The use of Toy Story bear is a nice touch.

I'm liking the toys sign :wub: The stairs, back entrance, and sliding doors are all excellent too, looks like it was well worth picking up those Games sets!

Here are the pictures of the finished exterior of the building.

First the finished facade

cimg3290.jpg

The back

cimg3291.jpg

A close up of the dumpster

cimg3292.jpg

And last but not least......

The roof. (I wanted to use a suitable red door, but could't find one at the moment. When I come across one, the white door will be replaced)

cimg3295.jpg

Looks fantastic 'deen', my only suggestion would be replacing two of those green 1x6x5 panels with clear ones.

Those are actually not 1x6x5 panels, but a 8 brick wide wall. I thought about adding big windows there, but thought the windows on the top floors would be enough.

Next up will be the interior!

Edited by deen

Great building! :classic: The colours that you have used work well for a toy store. I too like the usage of Lotso from Toy Story on the building. :thumbup:

~buddy~