Rick

10233 Horizon Express

Thanks for the info

the new record holder is Tgv 4402 and drives now as a Tgv pos with an 8 set configuration and only with a sticker that remembers the record it's a shame that they took off those awesome stickers (look at my profile pic)

just one last question: does Tgv 16 stil uses this 3 set configuration?

Edit: i see a lot of people saying that this is wrong and that is wrong and that if they done that better it would have looked more like a Tgv but it isn't one if Lego gave it the name Tgv than they had the right to complain that it could have been better but since it is a fictional train based off a Tgv they had all freedom they want to design it

Edited by legoboy1a2

I know it says on the Lego website, coming soon 1st Jan, but do you think it's likely it will be available to pre-order before 1st Jan? Do they usually offer the change to pre-order on exclusive sets? Maybe for VIP card holders?

Paul

As far as i can tell is the vip program only for collecting points to get some discount on sets you buy

you can pre-order it on e-bay but i dont see the point of that because if you order it 1 jan on Lego you will probably have it sooner and cheaper than on e-bay

As far as i can tell is the vip program only for collecting points to get some discount on sets you buy

you can pre-order it on e-bay but i dont see the point of that because if you order it 1 jan on Lego you will probably have it sooner and cheaper than on e-bay

Well the Winter Village Cottage was available a week early for VIP members!

lego_vip_offer.png

Edited by GRogall

Researched a little more:

1. I'm fairly certain TGV #16 returned to normal configuration (8 cars) after the record and operates like that to this day.

2. I found out that the cafe/bar car *is* the "master" car for any configuration. And that 3 cars is the absolute minimum.

3. TGV #325 (a TGV Atlantique, the 2nd generation, first of the silver ones) did operate with 4 cars between the locomotives for a short time for testing some of the modifications for its high-speed record runs with 3 cars. The "4th" car was a normal 2nd-class coach (the most-common type of car on a TGV, typically 3 are in a consist) though it would have been positioned as the 3rd car behind the lead locomotive. (the end cars must be at the ends, they are the only ones that can couple to the locomotives) So a 4-car configuration is possible for a TGV, though extremely rare (I cannot find any photos of it) and likely never used by an orange one. It should be easy enough to make from the given parts, basically make the cafe/bar car but with an end-car's window pattern.

Edited by steele

I wonder how long it will take the Horizon Express to be modified into the new two floor types (running into Switzerland)...

I wonder how long it will take the Horizon Express to be modified into the new two floor types (running into Switzerland)...

you mean the Tgv duplex?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNCF_TGV_Duplex

Hey guys, I just noticed that on the S@h site the release date has been pushed to December 31st, rather then January 1st.

Edit: My bad, didn't read most of the thread.

Edited by Paddyb98

Does anybody know why the US gets many Lego sets earlier than we in Europe?

it makes no sense since Lego is produced in denmark

FYI, there is a LEGO molding facility in Mexico...

thanks for the reminder

but in Europe there is also one in Hungary so that makes 2

I'm pretty sure that the ones in Europe take care of all the countries outside the Americas...It may just come down to demand and it's highest in the USA...

Maybe

i don't understand much of this economy stuff

there might be logic behind this but i don't see the point of letting europe wait

But i'm gonna stop about it theres nothing i can do about it

it's TLC who decides what to do with their sets

I believe lego rolls out themes in different countries at different times, so Europe gets some sets before the US and vice versa (might be slanted in favor of the US though due to the walmart effect). Presumably they do this to pace production to meet global demand.

was that actually buying it or a pre-order?

You could get it a week earlier. Yes. But if you waited the week until official release in October you could benefit from 15% off.

Whats walmart effect?

Big box retail in the US is big enough that they can demand lower wholesale prices, exclusives, first shot at new sets, etc..

Just finished building my H.Express... The main engine alone took just under 3-hours to build, but I enjoyed every minute of it because of the clever building techniques. For example, to achieve the 'upside-down' section on the front of the train (under the cabin), you simply glide the mini build through some 4x1 ledges, and that allows the two sections to sit back-to-back. Amazing. Also, the SNOT on the sides are just incredible as the 'arrow' effect is achieved through 1x1 plate clips that hook onto railings in the centre of the train, and those railings form part of an engine detail, so it actually adds to the overall effect.

The passenger carriages were easier and took a little less time, but I enjoyed the interior as it was fun imagining how the minigures would interact with the surrounding. Due to the reliance on legacy bricks, the entire train weighs a lot more than you may think.

On the whole, this goes down as one of the greatest Lego trains I've owned, and I don't say that lightly. Why? Because the final design is achieved not through countless special components that solve problems, but simply through the foresight to solve those problems with classic elements so that it is not only an educational build, but one that is very fun. It feels like traditional Lego, and as our new branding suggests, is an extension of the existing 'Creator' product line. This is important when drawing comparisons between Creator and Creator Expert products, and as crazy as it sounds, it felt at times like I was constructing a section of a modular building.

The stickers in this set have also been well thought out, and are not an necessity for the final look of the train. You can use them for the front grille and cockpit control panel (the latter is a wonderful design), but both are applied over just a single brick, so you won't damage them if you break the model up. Again, this is an trait drawn from Creator in which stickers are not essential or required.

This will be an easy sell in store as the lack of license, stickers, new branding and great price point are all the kinds of things that customers question. It will absolutely be appealing to younger builders, and I think that's important as the 'Maersk' very much had a hands off demeanour. But above all, this is just a fun product that screams Lego when you look at it, and is perhaps more attractive than many of the extended line trains in the past as the elements are purposefully so exposed.

So, as you can tell I'm pretty giddy at the moment and won't waste any time in extending this loco!

Just finished building my H.Express... The main engine alone took just under 3-hours to build, but I enjoyed every minute of it because of the clever building techniques. For example, to achieve the 'upside-down' section on the front of the train (under the cabin), you simply glide the mini build through some 4x1 ledges, and that allows the two sections to sit back-to-back. Amazing. Also, the SNOT on the sides are just incredible as the 'arrow' effect is achieved through 1x1 plate clips that hook onto railings in the centre of the train, and those railings form part of an engine detail, so it actually adds to the overall effect.

The passenger carriages were easier and took a little less time, but I enjoyed the interior as it was fun imagining how the minigures would interact with the surrounding. Due to the reliance on legacy bricks, the entire train weighs a lot more than you may think.

On the whole, this goes down as one of the greatest Lego trains I've owned, and I don't say that lightly. Why? Because the final design is achieved not through countless special components that solve problems, but simply through the foresight to solve those problems with classic elements so that it is not only an educational build, but one that is very fun. It feels like traditional Lego, and as our new branding suggests, is an extension of the existing 'Creator' product line. This is important when drawing comparisons between Creator and Creator Expert products, and as crazy as it sounds, it felt at times like I was constructing a section of a modular building.

The stickers in this set have also been well thought out, and are not an necessity for the final look of the train. You can use them for the front grille and cockpit control panel (the latter is a wonderful design), but both are applied over just a single brick, so you won't damage them if you break the model up. Again, this is an trait drawn from Creator in which stickers are not essential or required.

This will be an easy sell in store as the lack of license, stickers, new branding and great price point are all the kinds of things that customers question. It will absolutely be appealing to younger builders, and I think that's important as the 'Maersk' very much had a hands off demeanour. But above all, this is just a fun product that screams Lego when you look at it, and is perhaps more attractive than many of the extended line trains in the past as the elements are purposefully so exposed.

So, as you can tell I'm pretty giddy at the moment and won't waste any time in extending this loco!

Very very jealous right now!