Xyver

Naiaville

indexed.gif Layout

These photos of my town were taken at BrisBricks 2012. Once I unpack set it up again in my home I'll take photos of the bits I missed.

marina.jpg

Naiaville.jpg

hotel.jpg

Haunted_House.jpg

Shops.jpg

petrol_station.jpg

garage.jpg

accident.jpg

bank.jpg

park.jpg

half_pipe.jpg

friends_1.jpg

friends_2.jpg

All the buildings (apart from the houses front left of the full shot) are my own. A big thank you to those who contributed the houses, vehicles and road plates to complete the display for the public to enjoy.

This was an excellent layout. I particularly liked the area with the ramps for the skateboarders - I have added a "skaty bevan park" to my list of things to try and make!

AWESOME layout 'Xyver', fantastic combination of city and Friend's stuff together.

Looks like you had a good turn out at that show. :classic:

Brick On ! :grin:

Great layout! The different buildings are excellent and the smaller details like half-pipe and pond are just as good :thumbup:

I like how many vehicles and minifigs you included in it, really brings it to life :classic:

Nice display!

One question however - I live in Brisbane, am a AFOL and had no idea about BrisBricks 2012! Did they do any advertising or anything? I had today off and would have come to the show but had absolutely no idea this was going on!

Your town looks great (despite the lack of a train), with heaps of detail and great original creations. I especially love the continuous waterfront that naturally curves around the table. Placing various buildings at an arbitrary angle also looks great, it really goes against the grid.

My only suggestion would be to invest in some more foliage, whether it be standard Lego trees or brick built creations. Nature strips with trees and bushes would really break up the monotony of the unadorned grey road baseplates.

Great layout Xyver! I love looking at the pics, you have some great modulars! How long did it take for you to unpack, set up, then repack for the event? default_classic.gif

Kristel - the two half pipes were actually incredibly easy. The larger one is just 6x5 panels joined together with hinge plates to get the curves. The smaller one is just the inverted arches, with plenty of black tiles. I was really happy with the way they turned out.

Lightning Tiger, we were overwhelmed at the turn out, over 8,000 people over the three days (not including under threes).

Lostdriveway - sorry that you didn't hear about the event, there wasn't much of a budget for advertising. There was a post on Eurobricks under Events as well as plenty goings on on Facebook. We are planning to hold the even the same time next year, so keep an eye out. It will be bigger and better.

pinioncorp - There wasn't enough space for a train unfortunately, they take up a lot of space. There will be one in there by next year's event though, it just means I have to go wider. I also don't own a lot of trees, but will have to invest in more of them and also plenty of grey tiles to footpath everything.

LEGO Guy Bri - setup for the show was about 5-6 hours, minfigs take a long time to put around the place. Packup wasn't as bad, only about 1.5 hours, but I wasn't as careful and have plenty of rebuilding to do to set it up in my house again.

Hola!

Your display was off the chain! Many photos taken of it on the day. I had a chat to (I think) your wife about her volcano. Good times.

Ev

Excellent city! Great job laying out the Creator sets, I'm having trouble with getting them the way I really want. I like your take on 10182 Cafe Corner. It's too bad you don't own(assuming since it's not there as far as I can tell)10194 Town Plan. The cinema and town hall would look perfect in your small town atmosphere. I like how you shrunk down the pet shop. Very cool! I always enjoy seeing other peoples towns, it gives me so much inspiration and ideas. I love that parking lot, too. :thumbup:

That is an excellent layout for your town. All the different buildings go well together. I like the Loch Ness monster. :sweet:

The awning on the Naiaville hospital required repair, so they needed a cherry picker. As there wasn't one available, some of the local mechanics got together and made one up:

Here the workers are arriving, not sure its too safe to ride in the basket, but since the cab only fits one person he didn't really have a choice.

cherry_picker-0003.jpg

That's the right height

cherry_picker-0002.jpg

I think its fixed now

cherry_picker-0001.jpg

I agree Tiger, but the available parts I had forced it that way.

Which looks better, white of yellow:

cherry_picker-white.jpg

cherry_picker-yellow.jpg

Will have to get some parts either way as I had to deconstruct some vehicles to get the colours.

i like the all yellow one better, but the grill is nicer on the white one.

I didn't even realise that the white one didn't have mirrors! it should have. Lego have used a few different designs for mirrors in the last few years, but I like this one the best, even converting some of the sets over to this style.

I have gone back to the yellow, with the grill plates instead of the white tile, it does look much better. My Mobile Police Unit truck has its doors and windscreen back now.

I have a few more ideas for some service trucks, once I get my bricklink order of windscreens and wheel axle brick thingies I'll post some more.

I've also relaid my town out at home, but have a bit more work to do to set up all the buildings again. I will post updated photos once I find a few spare days to actually get to work on it.

Wow that last truck is great. the way the tools are hung on the clips is very unique. Only issue is the space between the cab and the cabinet doors, looks a little odd. Other than that great truck...By the way I like the white bucket truck better than the yellow one.