Pandora

Mafia School: Police Infiltration - Day Two

Lesson Six: Roleplaying

Recall that players are randomly assigned both a role and a character. Usually a short background story is provided for every character. In the Day threads, you are required to stay in-character. That means that you should refer to other players by their character name and not by their Eurobricks username. Also, keep the time period in which a game in set in mind. So do not, for example, reference the internet or Darth Vader in a game using a Medieval setting.

Remember that roleplaying is only a small aspect of playing mafia though. The most important objective for each faction is fulfilling their win condition. A lot of players also find others' roleplaying distracting and people have certainly been lynched for it - or been set up for a lynch by the Mafia as a result of overdoing their roleplaying - in the past. Therefore, don't overdo it and be careful to not let it influence your game play too much. Because characters are assigned randomly to players, you should not let the character someone plays influence your assessment of whether someone is Mafia or not.

Wait what is that tree stump doing there?

Cough cough cough...

I Zachary (zakura)

Purely for him not contributing to catching the killers.

If something more interesting comes up I will unvote him, but for now my vote stands.

oops forgot a word :tongue:

I Vote:Zachary (zakura)

I feel while Zachary is quiet, Isacc should be our number one priority, because Isaac is being confusing,( a common tactic) and not paying attention.

A quiet townie is bad, an unhelpful confusing and unaware townie is a danger.

Vote: Isaac (TrumpetKing67)

I feel while Zachary is quiet, Isacc should be our number one priority, because Isaac is being confusing,( a common tactic) and not paying attention.

You make a valid pointCHOOOH!

I will think it over while I fix my hair. All that sneezing messes my hair up!

Vote: Zachary (zakura)

I'd just like to here him speak up. If he can reasonably explain his actions (or lack thereof), I will happily change my vote.

Vote Tally

Amelia (TheBoyWonder): 1 vote (penalty)

Christine (konze): 1 vote (penalty)

Isaac (TrumpetKing67): 1 vote (TheBoyWonder)

Phyllis (Superficial Username): 1 vote (penalty)

Zachary (zakura): 3 votes (badboytje88, Superficial Username, konze)

May I ask why I have received a penalty vote?

Oh I'm sorry aout that. *AAAAACCCCCHHHHHOOOOOO* Where has these colds come from *sniffle*

True, true. While there is always the chance of his innocence, one such as him is only a danger and unhelp regardless of his affiliation. His remarks and comments are distracting at best, and he has done nothing to assist us thus far. And, if he does turn up as a good guy, which I doubt, what have we even lost by lynching him?

I'm not voting yet, but Isaac should consider his name well and truly in my notebook, thickhead that he is.

Phil coughs again, whilst muttering about 'bloody frogs and mafia scums'. So that's all good.

*sniffle* His comment about two scums getting killed/lynched was a mistake, but it is an awfully hard mistake to make. It also adds to my point about unaware. A good Townie has to be aware as to not aid the scum. The slightest slip could reveal a secret of The Town, or aid the scum in a lynch.

There's been some good points in both sides of this argument. I'm not sure if it's best to lynch someone for them not being here all the time, but I do see that it was strange how Zachary voted so randomly... but I'm still not going to vote until I hear a good defense from Isaac and until Zachary actually speaks up.

Sniff sniff.....if we're voting for those who are quiet and unhelpful , I'd look at Henrietta or Samantha, both don't have a great deal to say but both voted for jean after a few votes were up for him....but I'm not ruling out Achooo Isaac .

Sniff sniff I provided my reasons for voting for Jean, Ian. His logic seemed off and he seemed jumpy. Anyway, for now I'll Vote: Zachary (Zakura) until he speaks and gives a good reason for the random vote yesterday. I will change this if we hear enough from him, though.

I voted Jean(Endgame)yesterday because I thought we were all going to bandwagon on him. My theory is that if everyone votes on one person and you vote a diffrent person, you'll either be a target for the mafia or that you'll be mass -voted the next day.

Sniff sniff I provided my reasons for voting for Jean, Ian. His logic seemed off and he seemed jumpy. Anyway, for now I'll Vote: Zachary (Zakura) until he speaks and gives a good reason for the random vote yesterday. I will change this if we hear enough from him, though.

Sniff sniff.... I didn't say your votes weren't justified, I just thought you both could have aaaaaa....achooo been a bit more active.....I still don't think Zachary is scum though, surely if he was his scum buddies would have told him to lift his participation after yesterday's concerns about lack there of.....maybe it's a tactical move?

Zachary might not be that active but that doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. We should just be on the look out for him, though to see if he becomes a bit more active and involved. *Aaacchoooo!*

Sniffle Hmm, do you have anything else to say to this, Zachary? On the first day some people did say that we shouldn't lynch people just because they weren't active. It would be sort of hypocritical of us to lynch you because of this... but I won't unvote you just yet. What else would we do if we didn't go for Zach? There's always Isaac, but he could have just been confused and wrong about his suspicions.

Zachary might not be that active but that doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. We should just be on the look out for him, though to see if he becomes a bit more active and involved. *Aaacchoooo!*

Yeah, I just wanted to hear him speak up. I wouldn't actually kill him for it. *sniff* At least not that alone. That said, I will Unvote: Zachary (zakura) for now because I think that enough people have voted for him to keep him talking.

*Sniffle* Okay, I'm going to go with my gut here, Vote: Isaac (TrumpetKing67). This is really what I think is my best choice for today.

You know, Zachary's reasoning is starting to make more and more sense to me. I mean, look at Andrea and Gary. They voted for Jean near the end and stood out and then they were both killed! I'll unvote you only if you promise to stay active, Zachary. If not then you've got my vote again. Unvote: Zachary (Zakura)

Sniffle

Apologies for being so late, I had a lot of cleaning duties. I know that I am a huge target by many, but I think that I should stay here because look at Jean's lynch. Sure, he was town, but do you know who carefully analyzed the posts and at least hypothesized he coud be scum? I did, and plenty people agreed with me. The chances of getting a scum on try #1 weren't really in our favor *Achooo!* Right now I think the people that I am suspiscious of are the ones that have't really said anything, so it is mostly Zachary and Kendra. I won't vote for Zachary yet, as I am moreso confused with Kendra, so I will

Vote: Kendra (Stormblessed)

Ok, so-ACHOO-I have recently been given lots more work to do as a beat cop, but still want to see if I can stick around to complete this. Also, Eurobricks has been slow for me, has it been slow for anyone else recently. Well, I haven't been in contact with many people, and only have my vote to go with and this thread. If anyone wants to communicate with me gre-ACHOO-t. Otherwise, all I have is my vote to work with. And I have been suspicious of Isaac for leading the charge against our loyal townie of yesterday. I told one person in private that I thought it was a bad call, and said it in public once, I believe. Therefore, my vote is:

And it has nothing to do with the fact he just voted me.

I will Unvote: Zachary (zakura) and I will Vote: Isaac (TrumpetKing67).

At the moment you're our best option. If something else comes up I'd be more than willing to change my vote.

Aaaaachooo

Vote Tally

Amelia (TheBoyWonder): 1 vote (penalty)

Christine (konze): 1 vote (penalty)

Isaac (TrumpetKing67): 4 votes (TheBoyWonder, Masked Builder, Stormblessed, badboytje88)

Kendra (Stormblessed): 1 vote (TrumpetKing67)

Phyllis (Superficial Username): 1 vote (penalty)

Samantha (DarthPotato): 1 vote (penalty)

Zachary (zakura): 2 votes (konze, penalty)