Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Leaving Benoic

The summer was ending... The days became shorter and the air was colder for each day. The melody of a lonely bagpiper sounded through the rolling fields of Benoic. The road close to the village of Sionnach was packed with people, horses, lifestock and carts. Hen Was village was already empty and now it was time for Sionnach. All people was commanded to leave their homes and follow de Gothia on the march into the unknown. Nobody protest against him, they would follow him into death...

Lena and de Gothia tried to comfort the little ones and giving them the hope that one day they would return.

The march from the Elementals and into the unknown had started...

8038798925_3c3ea7cf1e.jpg

8038800189_aeca0a177c.jpg

8038801424_752418f89e.jpg

8038799496_e24ce38b5f.jpg

8038794671_e7e757ae7c.jpg

8038805108_a03f6e3220.jpg

8038797968_7493b7181d.jpg

C&C is as always most welcome! Now on to the challenge!

Roof and chimney design is from Selander

Edited by de Gothia

Great scene! Lots of nice details, especially the pigs being herded and the angled buildings :thumbup: Lots of nice minifig combos too :classic:

What a great scene! You have done this very well, I can feel the emotion strongly. Will any of us ever see home again? The scene really transcends the build, it wouldn't really matter about the background - but it's great too. And your photography is awesome in these shots, how do you get such amazing focus?

:classic:

This is an excellent build! Indeed, a great job of conveying the feeling of a mass exodus - your choice of pictures really gives emotion to it. I assume this is a prelude to challenge 5...?

Wow, now that's an packed moc... nearly 60 minifigs, nice work! Lots of variety in your minifig posing and combos really bring this scene to life. I noticed you included the old wolfpack wagon too, good to see that even bandits obey deGothia in Benoic... :wink:

The house and shed in the background give the dio much needed hight and central focus, and are the perfect setting for this scene too - lovely work!

Great build De Gothia

so much happening in the scene. Your choice of figs and heads is great. looking for to seeing what you come up with for Challenge V

really sad, hope the can all return to their villages at some point ... Nice moc, as alway!!

Love the scene, great use of minifig faces to indicate sorrow. :thumbup: The taller white and brown building looks great too.

Great scene here! The Benoic area is really coming to life through your builds, and the DeGothia and Lena story is fantastic in this harsh world :wink:

Wow! Nice MOC!:thumbup: Something I'm working on with a large army of figs marching....I just need to find more time....

Thanks for the positive feedback! Happy that you all liked it!

Soccerkid: I love to mix minifigs parts! And with the new LOTR the choices are even greater!

Roboku: I have a great camera and in this moc I used a flash pointed at the roof for the first time. I think the outcome is pretty good, but I still have to practise some more..

Rogue: Yes indeed, they will all come to the same place! Hiding for the terror! More of that in my Challenge!

Gabe: Glad to see you noticed the WP wagon! :classic: A little tribute to one of the best factions IMO. :classic: And I´m happy that you also notice the effort I put in to the minifigs when it comes to posing.

Great job dG! I really like it because it is so lively; the expressions on the faces of all the minifigs and all the lifestock they are taking with them. I also like the smooth elevation of the ground and details like the cart wheel at the side of the house!

Looking forward to see where they end up :wink: