Gabe

The wedding gift

Eocher Meosphen travels to Avalonia on behalf of Lord Sansael, partly on trade delegation, but also to deliver a wedding present from the Pergrinian people to Lord deGothia and Lena Chorian.

weddinggift2eb_280912.jpg

weddinggift6eb_280912.jpg

The gift is an small, ornate Kaliphlin pleasure barge, for punting the Avalonian rivers and lakes in style! Eocher himself hands Lord deGothia a private message from Lord Sansael, apologising for not being able to be there in person and wishing the happy couple much future happiness. Lena was the first to leap on board the barge, keen to check out the fine craftsmanship of the vessal. Her courtier hangs back: "Lady Chorian, please be careful, mind your step!" he cries. "Nonsense man!" she admonishes him; "I've sailed the icy rivers of Mitgardia with my brothers since i was a little girl. Why, this deck is as broad and stable as the back of a great northern whale - no danger at all!"

weddinggift7eb_280912.jpg

The war with Victor Revolword and his elementals seems very far away, with the sunshine gently bringing the flowered vines to life. A straw necked ibis gently cruises nearby, adding to the bucolic scene. "I am surely seeing the finest of Avalonia today", muses Eocher's personal gaurd, as he stands to attention while his master talks with the lord. "Such lush countryside! Such a pleasant change from the heat and dust and bare rock of home. They say the elemental attacks have driven down land prices not far from here - perhaps i should invest in a small country retreat for my retirement?"

weddinggift3eb_280912.jpg

weddinggift4eb_280912.jpg

Thanks for looking peeps, hope you have enjoyed my build! Comments and criticism most welcome as always. :classic:

Really beautifull MOC!!!

The great detailing is one of your trademarks haha :laugh:

Also great story to read :classic:

Haha, you did the shields like I told you? :classic:

Wow Gabe! This is just so beautiful! :wub: Love it all! The tower with the wines, the mottling on the walls, the boat itself and the water effect! So many great details! And that border combining Avalonia and Kaliphlin... outstanding!

You will be missed at the wedding but this compenaste it all!

Excellent scene as always Gabe! The wall and tower look great, the splotches of dark bley work nicely :thumbup:

The vines are excellent as well and the barge is excellent, I especially like the awning :classic:

Beautiful colours and textures Gabe. I really like the path, and the water. Wonderful minifig posing too. Your presentation is first class, the images are very clear. The ibis and tiller are very nice touches. Great build!

:classic:

Really beautifull MOC!!!

The great detailing is one of your trademarks haha :laugh:

Also great story to read :classic:

Haha, you did the shields like I told you? :classic:

Thanks DaMaximus, glad you like it. :classic: Yep, this the first time i've had the opportunity to use the shield technique you taught me, works a treat, thanks! :thumbup:

Fantastic MOC again. It really captures the feel of avalonia.

Cheers Cpt Settle. Avalonia is pretty easy to get a feel for tbh - a lot of it feels very natural and of course there are plenty of ace builders in the guild showing the way! :wink:

Wow Gabe! This is just so beautiful! :wub: Love it all! The tower with the wines, the mottling on the walls, the boat itself and the water effect! So many great details! And that border combining Avalonia and Kaliphlin... outstanding!

You will be missed at the wedding but this compenaste it all!

Thanks deGothia, so pleased that you like it. :classic: I'd had this little build on my mind for a couple of weeks now, just glad i got it done before the wedding! :wink:

Speaking of which - i assumed the wedding was on hold until this nuisance of a rogue mage and his elementals is dealt with? Or is it happening sooner? For now, i have to rally the troops at home for the coming battles with that scum Revolword, but after that i am free to honour social engagements... (In other words, i'd love an invite if the timing works out!) :wink:

Wow. I like how you did the water.

Thanks! Thankfully not so many tiles to unpick here either, thank goodness!

Excellent scene as always Gabe! The wall and tower look great, the splotches of dark bley work nicely :thumbup:

The vines are excellent as well and the barge is excellent, I especially like the awning :classic:

Thanks soccerkid! I made the barge first, then figured it needed a little vig to go with it. :wink: Glad you like it!

Great work Gabe! The tower and wall in particular catch the eye with their unique texture. The boat is very well done, and the color scheme overall is balanced and appealing. A great mend between Avalonian and Kaliphlin designs! :thumbup:

Great build Gabe,

Love the details and that barge is great.

I also like the bird in the water. I have been working on building some small brick build animals, so far I have had a vulture, deer, crows and seagulls in some of my builds but I have a crane that i just finish that I like a lot.

the Tower and wall look great too.

Beautiful MOC! The barge is excellent, and my favorite part of the build, but you've done a great job with the Avalonian walls, and your brick work is excellent! I really like the bird as well - Great job!

great scene!! I love the water, the wall, the tower, the boat, so pretty much everything about it!!

Very good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the water style and the wall with the tower behind the people :wub: :wub:

Lovely! The colors really make me feel like its a sunny day. I love that water.

Great work Gabe, that's really beautiful! Love the story too! :laugh::thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :classic: Glad that some ppl are liking the ibis too - i was going to make it a duck but ended up trying for something a bit more adventurous. Besides, those MMV ducks always looked huge to me! :laugh:

Really nice MOC :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :classic: Glad that some ppl are liking the ibis too - i was going to make it a duck but ended up trying for something a bit more adventurous. Besides, those MMV ducks always looked huge to me! :laugh:

The ibis is very well done, recognizable even without reading the text :classic:

But do ibis cruise on the water like ducks do? I've never seen it before... anyway it's just a small detail in a great MOC :wink:

Great build Gabe! The mottled wall looks fantastic, and I love that it is continuing an ongoing story that hasn't been ruined by Victor

Really nice MOC :thumbup:

The ibis is very well done, recognizable even without reading the text :classic:

But do ibis cruise on the water like ducks do? I've never seen it before... anyway it's just a small detail in a great MOC :wink:

Ah yes, good point - ibis are indeed mainly waders rather than aquatic birds. I have actually seen Australian ibis land on water near large breeding colonies, but they don't tend to hang around in there too long. Anyway, thanks for picking up that inconsistancy! :blush:

Great build Gabe! The mottled wall looks fantastic, and I love that it is continuing an ongoing story that hasn't been ruined by Victor

Cheers Kayne! Yes, i thought a little bit of a light interval was in order after all the destruction mocs of challenge 4... :sadnew:

Great story with as usual a great moc! I really like how you did the water, and put a really nice bird in it as a finishing touch. I also like the boat design although the rudder doesn't look that strong to me, but it will probably hold just on small rivers :wink: Your wall and tower design is also very nice, I like how you combined the printed tiles with the differnt colors.

Also a nice story and ofcourse Lena doesn't need help :tongue: