Siercon and Coral

Invert Island

[pid][/pid]222D

So we set out to build an inverted MOC :). Flipping colors in our heads and unbiasedly building without regard to actual color was somewhat difficult, but lots of fun. So...

Before you run off take in the ugliness of the final product and then keep reading!

Here is the actual model.

8038146797_2051baa10f_z.jpg

Now, invert the colors and you'll get this! :)

For PCs Hold: Shift + Alt + Print Screen

For Macs Hold: Control + Option + Command, and press 8

8038147263_3439299de6_z.jpg

What do you think?

You guys demonstrate the most innovative techniques, and this is no exception. I love it. :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the way you did the water lava in particular. :laugh:

Nice, I love this, did you intentionally use a white skeleton in the actual model?

Really cool. I love the idea and end result.

I bet you could hide secret messages in MOCs using this technique.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

This is just pure genius. No ordinary mind will be able to come up with this clever concept of a build. Magnificent work! :thumbup:

PS: The inverted colored image really reminds me of the Pandora forests at night.

NightPandora.jpg

Awesome idea! Looks amazing!

But now I've accidentally kept my computer screen in inverted mode and can't switch it back. :pir-look:

:pirate_skel1:

I've never seen this done before in LEGO, but it looks genious! :thumbup:

It would be nice to see more of these.

Perhaps you could only show the MOC picture next time so we can invert it ourselves and see the result.

Once inverted the MOC gets some kind of shady and foggy effect which (I think) can't be achieved in a "normal" MOC.

That's very nice. Funny though that the skeleton becomes black :pirate:

Very cool idea! It's amazing how well that actually worked out. And I also like the original MOC, could be a Friends-theme island. :pir-grin:

Flipping colors in our heads and unbiasedly building without regard to actual color was somewhat difficult, but lots of fun.

Did you do any prior testing or experimentation to get a sense of which colours would invert best? Or did you just build away and hope it would work? :pir-classic:

Did you do any prior testing or experimentation to get a sense of which colours would invert best? Or did you just build away and hope it would work? :pir-classic:

Ah yes indeed we did. Not only were photos taken with various piles of bricks but also the combination and layers of colors with various trans studs on top of 'water' colors. Great question :)